Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373221 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10065 on: October 28, 2013, 08:59:13 pm »

Random encounter enemy ambushed me, hit my weakness and killed me before I could react.

Shin Megami Tensei IV.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: October 28, 2013, 09:37:03 pm »

G-Rank quests. Alllllll of them. Take your ordinary everyday monster you've been wiping the floor with for half the game, and give it a metric fuckton of health, crank up the A.I, give it a new attack or two, have the mission drop you in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, oh, and those supplies you wanted? Wait twenty minutes. Suddenly, those monsters you were bitchslapping are now godlike beings of immense power. And those are the weaker ones. God help you if you have to face down an Elder Dragon. My latest death was a pair of green Plesioths. As if one wasn't dickish enough, now you have to face two back to back, and the hip check is a broken as ever. Have fun!

Edit: Whoops, forgot the game.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: October 29, 2013, 03:13:42 am »

Counter sniped. By a tank.

It was a good shot, I'll give him that much.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

ahappydude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: October 29, 2013, 04:12:39 am »

Stabbed in the back by a tribal.
Pixel piracy

Tried to land at the moon in a way to fast manner, parachute was forgotten but i will not forget you Kenny Kerbal
Kerbal space program

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: October 29, 2013, 05:33:02 am »

Stabbed in the back by a tribal.
Pixel piracy

Tried to land at the moon in a way to fast manner, parachute was forgotten but i will not forget you Kenny Kerbal
Kerbal space program
Protip: Parachutes don't work without an atmosphere.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ahappydude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: October 29, 2013, 05:44:36 am »

With forgotten i meant i forgot to place the readial ones which i aklways use in other voyages ^^ And if all fails using it kas style ;)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: October 29, 2013, 06:35:23 am »

With forgotten i meant i forgot to place the readial ones which i aklways use in other voyages ^^ And if all fails using it kas style ;)
But the parachute wouldn't have mattered for landing on the Mun. It has no atmosphere to parachute through.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ahappydude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: October 29, 2013, 09:27:35 am »

But the parachute wouldn't have mattered for landing on the Mun. It has no atmosphere to parachute through.

http://youtu.be/aUW_8cWG7YA

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: October 29, 2013, 06:20:09 pm »

Don't know what mod, if any, did it, but my mark, a Master Vampire, started turning into bats and beating the ground.  Queue an insta kill.

Finally got him, after 45 minutes of trying.  I had to drop the shield and pick up a torch.  I had to drop my mace and pick up a fire sword I lifted off some guy.  I had to summon a fire daedra and shield bash him into it.  I had to suck down a bunch of health and stamina potions.   That guy, I actually cussed out loud when I finally won.

EDIT:  Of course, I'm also deathly hypothermic.  Three steps outside and I'm a popsicle.  That'll explain a bit of the difficulty. . .
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:22:52 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: October 29, 2013, 06:30:44 pm »

Going through Act 3 with my tanky/DPS friend, when he gets hit by a lightning bolt from off screen, chains to me and kills me.

Did I say A lightning bolt?  I meant nine.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: October 29, 2013, 06:46:01 pm »

My last pass at Area 51: Infiltration was probably the most disastrous yet. Here we go:

At the beginning of the level, there's a slightly exploity thing you can do. In the opening cutscene, there's a guard shown patrolling around your spawn point. If you let the cutscene play for a few seconds before skipping it, the guard will have his back turned to you when you start the mission. However, the guard randomly decided to play an idle animation instead of following his route, so I started the mission with one guard right in my face and two others aware of my presence when they otherwise wouldn't be. I drop the first guard quickly, but one of the others decides to lob a damn grenade at me. From two feet away.

Now short of a grenade that would have been really helpful, I blunder straight into a disastrous firefight that costs me over a third of my ammunition and a noticeable chunk of my health. Following that, I lose another chunk of health and ammo in tight quarters with two assault rifle-wielding mooks. When all's said and done, I end up being killed in a minefield, which I usually avoid by using a grenade to blow up some of the mines. As in, the grenade that I missed out on from pure bad luck at the beginning. :T

Perfect Dark.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: October 29, 2013, 07:40:53 pm »

I hate Pumpkinns. Stand in close? No worries, they're dealing 7 slashing damage despite my heavy armour/helmet. Run away? AoE poison cloud, which also means they'll spam poison instead of chasing you (so you can't lure them to a safe spot). Oh yeah, and they have more health than any other enemy on the floor. Oh, and despite being an Axe-wielder, I've found exactly zero axes in the three floors since I entered the dungeon.

I've nearly cleared a monster zoo... save for the ~10 Pumpkinns left in a corner. So, with ~12 HP left and my summoned mushrooms both on cooldown, I decide to stand and fight a single Pumpkinn. I activate my swashbuckler's skill, giving +75% chance to counter-attack enemy strikes on top of my innate counter chance. First attack Pumpkinn hit's a crit (which bypasses counters), so I'm down to only a couple of hit points. The second hit is not a crit, but still gets past my near-guaranteed counter chance. Splat goes my random Vampire/Axemaster/Fungal Artist.  :'(

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: October 29, 2013, 07:57:09 pm »

Brian yawned as he woke up slowly, sitting in the dark, powered down starship, Expediter class. After pressing a few keys, the ship began to slowly take off.

"Two starships detected in the sector," announces the starship computer.

"I thought so," he thought to himself, before slamming down on the Self-Destruct button. Under normal circumstances, a quick jump back into local space would save the ship, but these particular specimens were equipped with Interdiction fields. No point letting the Praelor take over his ship...this explosion would be a much more peaceful way to go. "Sixty seconds to self-destruct."
The computer continued to count down as the enemy drew closer and closer. They were vastly more powerful, and could destroy the ship in just a few laser shots.

As the ship exploded, Brian was placed into an escape pod. However, as he looked at his credit chip, he couldn't help but let out a few swear words. Apparently insurance doesn't pay out for ships that have self-destruct.
Brian kicks the automated teller machine.
Brian cries.

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: October 29, 2013, 07:59:23 pm »

Ooh, I might play that.
It's a MUD that isn't furries (is it? I don't have anything against Furries in general but every MUD I've seen is anthropomorphic animals and sometimes fantasy creatures in a fantasy setting. It gets dull.).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: October 29, 2013, 08:32:11 pm »

Brian yawned as he woke up slowly, sitting in the dark, powered down starship, Expediter class. After pressing a few keys, the ship began to slowly take off.

"Two starships detected in the sector," announces the starship computer.

"I thought so," he thought to himself, before slamming down on the Self-Destruct button. Under normal circumstances, a quick jump back into local space would save the ship, but these particular specimens were equipped with Interdiction fields. No point letting the Praelor take over his ship...this explosion would be a much more peaceful way to go. "Sixty seconds to self-destruct."
The computer continued to count down as the enemy drew closer and closer. They were vastly more powerful, and could destroy the ship in just a few laser shots.

As the ship exploded, Brian was placed into an escape pod. However, as he looked at his credit chip, he couldn't help but let out a few swear words. Apparently insurance doesn't pay out for ships that have self-destruct.
Brian cries.

Well then... That seems like something I could get into! I'm really tempted to play now, Bay12 squadron anyone? :D
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1575