Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373372 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10050 on: October 26, 2013, 11:38:29 am »

Trying to do all the arena quests. Starting off with the solo-only ones. I decide to take the quest to kill everybody's favorite, Plesioth.
He boxes me into a corner underwater and just spins like a jerk. I think I've figured his game out though: you can't fight him on the same level. Either drop down from above or come up from below and you should be able to dodge most of the attacks.

...not that anybody cares because nobody has this game

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
e: Plesioth isn't like you and me. Plesioth has no code to live by.

I feel your plesioth haaaaate. He is, and will always be, my wall. And this is monster hunter freedom unite, where you can't get in the water to get him. I forget how many times I just kept waiting for him to surface because I ran out of sonic bombs and frogs. I eventually loaded up on lightning rods and shock traps and just blasted him over and over.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: October 26, 2013, 11:47:38 am »

Trying to do all the arena quests. Starting off with the solo-only ones. I decide to take the quest to kill everybody's favorite, Plesioth.
He boxes me into a corner underwater and just spins like a jerk. I think I've figured his game out though: you can't fight him on the same level. Either drop down from above or come up from below and you should be able to dodge most of the attacks.

...not that anybody cares because nobody has this game

e: Plesioth isn't like you and me. Plesioth has no code to live by.

Hip Check!

On a more related note (to the topic), I was skimming through Hell and decided to teleport myself up into an underground jungle. Found a plantera bulb, so I broke it and fought bravely against Plantera. With the last ounces of our healths, I conjure up a final magnet sphere, and Plantera sticks its ugly maw and his spores right at me, killing me. To my surprise, just a second later, he winds up dead. It was a pyrrhic victory.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 11:57:31 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: October 26, 2013, 12:09:46 pm »

Ran out of ammo, then a tank rush walked over the Marders that were keeping them back.

Ran out of ammo, then an infantry rush walked over the machine gun post and infantry cannon that were keeping them back. They had impossible numbers of infantry despite only two barracks and their HQ.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: October 26, 2013, 02:55:59 pm »

Decided to get some end-game equipment in an extra area that I'm more than an adequate level for.  Basically having cheap laughs at everything else in the game because they do about 200-600 damage out of my 4000~ish health.

Get one shot by some devils guarding some items in a ruined castle because they got a spell off before I did (nothing else in the game so far has even killed off one of the supporting characters, and then I TPK'd by one mob).

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: October 26, 2013, 11:11:20 pm »

Kill Plantera. Go to the dungeon. Die repeatedly. Terraria.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: October 26, 2013, 11:32:43 pm »

"Warning: Incoming Missile!"
"The ship is being evacuated."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: October 27, 2013, 01:17:00 am »

Caught between two laser emitters, which bounced me back and forth between each other until I died.

It takes 35 bullets to disable every single emitter, so I thought I'd dodge the ammo situation by simply avoiding them as they periodically faded on and off. However, even if I'd avoided the emitters, the bomb that sets them off in the first place gives absolutely zero margin for error.

Perfect Dark.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: October 27, 2013, 02:48:58 pm »

Well, seeing as you can push without sliding off, and can recharge by going into the pod, then I think it's safe to say that you have discovered a miracle. This consideration makes many missions I have been struggling with now feasible.

One could adjust their apses with "getting out and pushing", then save the fuel/RCS for adjusting inclination and landing.

Enjoy your Nobel Prize. Or the Kerbal equivalent thereof.

... You can get out and push? THIS IS LITERALLY VERY GOOD NEWS FOR MY SPACE PROGRAM.

"Well, you see, it was Graknorke Kerman who suggested the ground-breaking achievement currently being used..."
"What was it?"
"Well, he said, 'Why don't I just get out and push too, Command?' And we said, 'Wait, that's a brilliant idea!'"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: October 27, 2013, 10:39:30 pm »

I think I've learned my lesson about trying to chop down treants. At least Wilson lasted for seven days this time.

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: October 27, 2013, 11:09:34 pm »

An impromptu PvP session after some co-op progress.  I with a phoenix blaster and meteor shot.  Him with a flower of fire.
We get some distance from eachother then turn on pvp I immediately turn and open fire, hoping to take advantage of my superior range.

I hear I hit a couple times, but I stop hitting after awhile and stop firing to conserve bullets, my night's edge ready. But he doesn't appear.  I fire a couple test shots but none appear to hit anything, a few eventually bounce back after hitting our base. My opponent taunts me over voice,  "Where am I Greiger?"

Then suddenly the world is full of fire, he's behind me!  With an invisibility potion!  I jump away and sprint away again, well if he is using potions so will I, and I pop a gravitation potion, and take to the skies.  We battle in this way for a short time, me being too disoriented to aim accurately by the gravitation potion, and him unable to hit me meaningfully with his magic while I'm flying through the air.  I land a distance a way figuring I'll take a fer horizontal shots while he's still expecting vertical, but then it starts raining fire.

"I have gravity potions too!"  I can't get away and die under the significantly more deadly, rain of bouncing fire.

Immediately after though... <Enemy> didn't bounce.   And a "Goddammit!" over voice comms.  Ah the sound of a gravity potion novice.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 11:11:22 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: October 27, 2013, 11:21:39 pm »

Goddamn Kushla Daora and your wind barrier. I got killed with my own goddamn arrow because wind. Augh, time to go grind some more Rathian for a plate so I can finish my windbreaker set. Your time is near elder dragon of wind. I will defeat you.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: October 28, 2013, 12:48:06 am »

I feel your plesioth haaaaate. He is, and will always be, my wall. And this is monster hunter freedom unite, where you can't get in the water to get him. I forget how many times I just kept waiting for him to surface because I ran out of sonic bombs and frogs. I eventually loaded up on lightning rods and shock traps and just blasted him over and over.
Indeed. Just finished the rest of the weapons yesterday (did GS and SNS on Friday, still had lance, bow, and hammer to go). Funnily enough, I was able to get better times on bows and hammers, the two weapons I have basically no experience with. And I didn't faint using a hammer!
(ignore the fact that the bow loadout also gives you bombs of all kinds for underwater fun)
Best of luck with Kushala, by the way. I hear it's supposed to be easy, but that's probably from the same kind of people who say things like Lucent Nargacuga are easy (it's not). Unfortunately, I haven't played any other MHs besides 3U so I don't have experience against the more classic monsters like Akantor, Tigrex, and Kut-ku.

Back to topic, today I moved onto the Rathalos arena battle. Scraped by with GS (Punish Draw and Stamina Thief? Really?) and GL (actually good skills, Guard +1 and Artillery King helped) with 2 carts each, then went on to hammers.

I still suck with hammers, despite my show of "mad" skills yesterday. It was all bad, and I ended up triple-carting thanks to lack of aiming skills with the level 1 and 2 charges. Man, the day I get those earrings is the first day I'll never touch the arena clerk ever again.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: October 28, 2013, 01:17:51 am »

Funnily enough, the Kushala Daora is the first Elder Dragon you get to fight, and I've had almost a full set of Chameleos gear(missing helmet, because fucking 3% drop rate on plates) for as long as I could have it. Still my main gear because wind pressure and earplugs? Hell yeah! And my main problem with the Kushala is his goddamn dragon wind beats everything back, and you have to poison him to make him drop it. Ah well. I'll get him sooner or later.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: October 28, 2013, 10:40:12 am »

I was shooting every explosive thingie I had at Excalibur, and I accidentally crashed into it just after destroying it.

Ace Combat Zero

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: October 28, 2013, 10:52:47 am »

I was shooting every explosive thingie I had at Excalibur, and I accidentally crashed into it just after destroying it.

Ace Combat Zero
I swear that over 90% of my deaths in Ace Combat come as a result of crashing.  Probably because I rarely go above an altitude of 1000 unless I'm dogfighting.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1575