Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373525 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10020 on: October 20, 2013, 05:40:42 pm »

It didn't immediately kill me, but it might as well have.

I managed to shoot the robot interceptor out of the sky by hiding in a spot where it thought it could shoot me, but actually couldn't. However, I didn't expect it to plummet straight out of the sky like a rock. It fell right on top of me, destroying my energy shield and all but a sliver of my health in the explosion.

Perfect Dark.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 05:45:23 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #10021 on: October 21, 2013, 03:30:29 am »

A god-complex admin, playing with us even though he can see who's a traitor and who's innocent, killed me through admin commands for accidentally killing an innocent without letting me explain myself. It went like this:

"Why did you kill XXX?"
"Well I..."
*you will die next round*
"wait what?"
*next round begin, I die instantly*
*ragequit*
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10022 on: October 21, 2013, 07:04:21 am »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10024 on: October 21, 2013, 10:42:53 am »

A god-complex admin, playing with us even though he can see who's a traitor and who's innocent, killed me through admin commands for accidentally killing an innocent without letting me explain myself. It went like this:

"Why did you kill XXX?"
"Well I..."
*you will die next round*
"wait what?"
*next round begin, I die instantly*
*ragequit*
TTT?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10025 on: October 21, 2013, 06:49:52 pm »

Got cherrytapped to death by an unseen horror. Those things are scary if you have no See Invisible, are out in the open, and worship Cheibriados. I was pretty much punching at thin air wile the air punched back. The air won.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10026 on: October 21, 2013, 07:02:22 pm »

After completing every objective and surviving no less than 3 (!!!) grenade ambushes, I was almost done with the level: just a handful of guards stood in the way of me completing another mission on Perfect Agent difficulty. Since I didn't think I'd need it anymore, I used the Dragon's proximity self-destruct mode and chucked it at the guards below me.

Turns out I needed it big time, since PA spawns a handful of guards in the elevator right behind me. I didn't stand a chance with the sliver of health I had left.

Perfect Dark.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10027 on: October 21, 2013, 07:53:23 pm »

Everyone in my party is level 9 or level 12 (Don't ask why. Some classes level way faster I guess.) With the exception of Jaheira, who is TECHNICALLY level 20, but multi-class doesn't work that way so she's really a level 8/12. I enter the final chamber of the Windspear Dungeon, and knowing it is the final fight, I buff the crap out of my party. Stoneskin, iron skin on the two main casters, bless on everyone, resist fear, mirror image, haste, armor of faith on four of my party members, defensive harmony, improved haste and freedom of movement on my leader, fire resistance on my leader, and more.

Not to mention, I have... Obscenely powerful magic items for a party of my level.

We walk forward to speak to Jierdan Firkraag, a noble in control of these lands who had stolen a ranger's daughter and who I sought for GREAT JUSTICE! (I'm a paladin) As we near him, he stands by a mage.

Did I mention he's a motherfucking Ancient Red Dragon? Naturally, being a professional JUSTICE-ER! I decide to take things to their conclusion and fight him. My Paladin swings his blade with unnatural speed and prowess, enhanced to a horrifying power by the magic upon him. He hits Firkraag three times, doing nearly fifty damage with each swing. That's right, I did 150 damage to a motherfucking ANCIENT RED DRAGON, in as many swings. And then, Firkraag ripostes. Half my party is confused, stunned or both in a second, and then frightened. And then suddenly everyone but Anomen is flying across the spacious chamber. I take a look at Anomen's spell options for destroying a Ancient Red Dragon and am somewhat disheartened. Summon a few skeletons, yes, that will do it nicely. :/ He dispels my party's confusion/fear, and they realign to attack Firkraag again.

Firkraag casts Maze on Minsc, so he'll be gone for a while. He breathes fire at Nalia. Mercifully, she died quick. The mage, who I'd about forgotten, launches a lightning bolt into my Paladin, and must have gotten lucky on that damage roll, because he died instantly.

Get into a fight with a dragon, nearly kill it in an instant, then die because fucking magic.

Baldur's Gate 2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10028 on: October 21, 2013, 08:27:24 pm »

Everyone in my party is level 9 or level 12 (Don't ask why. Some classes level way faster I guess.) With the exception of Jaheira, who is TECHNICALLY level 20, but multi-class doesn't work that way so she's really a level 8/12. I enter the final chamber of the Windspear Dungeon, and knowing it is the final fight, I buff the crap out of my party. Stoneskin, iron skin on the two main casters, bless on everyone, resist fear, mirror image, haste, armor of faith on four of my party members, defensive harmony, improved haste and freedom of movement on my leader, fire resistance on my leader, and more.

Not to mention, I have... Obscenely powerful magic items for a party of my level.

We walk forward to speak to Jierdan Firkraag, a noble in control of these lands who had stolen a ranger's daughter and who I sought for GREAT JUSTICE! (I'm a paladin) As we near him, he stands by a mage.

Did I mention he's a motherfucking Ancient Red Dragon? Naturally, being a professional JUSTICE-ER! I decide to take things to their conclusion and fight him. My Paladin swings his blade with unnatural speed and prowess, enhanced to a horrifying power by the magic upon him. He hits Firkraag three times, doing nearly fifty damage with each swing. That's right, I did 150 damage to a motherfucking ANCIENT RED DRAGON, in as many swings. And then, Firkraag ripostes. Half my party is confused, stunned or both in a second, and then frightened. And then suddenly everyone but Anomen is flying across the spacious chamber. I take a look at Anomen's spell options for destroying a Ancient Red Dragon and am somewhat disheartened. Summon a few skeletons, yes, that will do it nicely. :/ He dispels my party's confusion/fear, and they realign to attack Firkraag again.

Firkraag casts Maze on Minsc, so he'll be gone for a while. He breathes fire at Nalia. Mercifully, she died quick. The mage, who I'd about forgotten, launches a lightning bolt into my Paladin, and must have gotten lucky on that damage roll, because he died instantly.

Get into a fight with a dragon, nearly kill it in an instant, then die because fucking magic.

Baldur's Gate 2
That's why I like the old systems better.
The new ones are a tad too gamey to me.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10029 on: October 22, 2013, 05:34:15 pm »

Critical Life failure, after a "Quasit" gave me -6 dexterity.

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10030 on: October 22, 2013, 11:38:31 pm »

In this level I've been attempting to beat on Perfect Agent, there's a section closed off by a wall with a small building in that section. The building has three chaingun turrets, all of which can instantly turn and fire on you as soon as you enter that area- if you see them, they can see (and shoot) you. The strategy I've worked out is to lob grenades over the wall (in an annoying bit of realism, the grenades can fall through the floor grate surrounding the building) and destroy two of the turrets before I even enter, using the side of the building to hide from the third.

So of course, I forget the one trick that makes this level even possible on PA, charging in and getting shot to bits.

Perfect Dark.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 11:40:27 pm by itisnotlogical »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10031 on: October 25, 2013, 11:05:51 am »

Blasted my way to the center of the galaxy and dove right into the galactic core, learning the secret to the meaning of life and going on a strange acid trip in the process.

...Getting out, however, was a different story. Couldn't find my way back to the black hole leading to my home cluster. So the endless waves of Grox ships sent me home the hard way.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10032 on: October 25, 2013, 11:56:00 am »

Well, not a death, but I am stranded in the orbit of the moon with only a RCS jetpack for propulsion.

Kerbal Space Program. I think I overestimated the capacity of my lander.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10033 on: October 25, 2013, 12:27:12 pm »

Well, not a death, but I am stranded in the orbit of the moon with only a RCS jetpack for propulsion.

Ah, well. Kerbals probably love camping.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10034 on: October 25, 2013, 12:36:47 pm »

Ah, well. Kerbals probably love camping.
It's okay. He's going to get out and push.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 1575