Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369441 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #9975 on: October 13, 2013, 03:03:58 am »

Instantly shot down as every single guard in the house went on high alert the minute I took a step too far around the corner leading to the Don's room. Apparently, simply existing and letting yourself be seen is a valid reason for everybody on the map who has a weapon to bum-rush you.

Hitman 2. Disguises are a lot less helpful than I remember them being.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9976 on: October 13, 2013, 03:30:16 am »

It's when a ship wigs out for no apparent reason, I think.
The original spacekraken was a bug that mysteriously and meticously disassembled your ship when you switched time arceleration on/off too fast. Currently it's used any time the physics engine does something interesting.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9977 on: October 13, 2013, 06:07:55 am »

3v1 isn't fair, especially when you're a support class and you're trying to run from said 3v1.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: October 13, 2013, 06:38:37 am »

A goblin with a wand of fire blasted my bird-folk adventurer. At least DCSS isn't as bad about this as NetHack.

That game got a lot of flak for it's difficulty which mainly came from ineffective disguises. Other Hitman games (before or after) weren't as bad with it. Sometimes they work a little, sometimes not at all, it's a bit tricky. If you're not already, you really should be playing with a difficulty level that gives a few mid-mission saves. It'll get painful later on if you don't.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: October 13, 2013, 02:57:20 pm »

That game got a lot of flak for it's difficulty which mainly came from ineffective disguises. Other Hitman games (before or after) weren't as bad with it. Sometimes they work a little, sometimes not at all, it's a bit tricky. If you're not already, you really should be playing with a difficulty level that gives a few mid-mission saves. It'll get painful later on if you don't.

I'm playing on Normal, which is the lowest difficulty level. Anathema is a super-short level compared to practically any of the levels in Japan or the Middle East, so I don't feel as bad about restarting it from the beginning, but it's still plenty frustrating. It's like whenever I try to convince myself that I like point-and-click adventure games, and then I spend half an hour clicking everything I can only to look up a walkthrough and find out that I've been doomed the whole time because I missed an item on the first screen.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9980 on: October 13, 2013, 03:00:28 pm »

GODDAMNIT! Of all the bad luck... My promising new experimental ship collided with very old space junk

KSP
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9981 on: October 13, 2013, 03:26:34 pm »

"Okay," I thought. "I'm so badass. I've finished every single other quest in the (singleplayer) game. I'll finish off this last one now."
Alatreon gores me to death. Restart.
"Okay," I thought. "That was kinda crappy. Let's try replacing Speed Sharpen with Focus so I can smash him more with this hugeass sword of mine."
I fight Alatreon, it staggers once, then starts flying and rushes me with all this electricity.
"Okay," I thought. "Just... okay."

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, The Brilliant Darkness (aka the final village quest)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9982 on: October 13, 2013, 08:31:19 pm »

It was my first time with the LAGG-3. After repealing a bomber attack on the fleet I saw an enemy Catalina being chased by two teammates and I decided to join them and see what the cannon can do against the Catalina. It wasn't long before my plane catches fire. Since I was going faster I've done the only thing left to me... I passed my teammates and crashed my plane on the left engine of the PBY, blowing the left wing apart.

Didn't have the chance to test the cannon on it but at least I've downed a Catalina.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9983 on: October 13, 2013, 08:40:58 pm »

I tried fighting Terramorphus The Invincible with my brother. He's a max-level Gunzerker ad I'm a high-level Assassin and we still died.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: October 13, 2013, 08:48:06 pm »

I was trapped behind the enemy and i could hear T-72 engines all around. I was heading for a boat that could get me to my platoon when i ran down a hill and came face to track with a T-72. Fortunately the driver was a dumbass and drove them into the river. Thinking i was safe i made my way towards the boat when i heard AK-74s firing, i was dead before i could even turn around.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9985 on: October 14, 2013, 07:59:24 am »

There my gargoyle fighter was, a scroll of acquirement had gifted me with a +17 Crystal Plate Armor, I had the first vampire-brand weapon I'd ever seen, and I'd steadily enchanted it up to +6/+5... I was effectively immortal for where I was in the game.

Then I came across an enemy that could banish me to the abyss. My death came quick when a swarm of stars mutated me to pieces and then screamed at me until pink goo came out of my ears.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #9986 on: October 14, 2013, 08:13:45 am »

Well, so far I barely made it out of floor 4 before I promptly get squished, Whats A good mage character?

Wrong forum! thanks for telling me!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 01:25:30 pm by wer6 »
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9987 on: October 14, 2013, 10:16:48 am »

Well, so far I barely made it out of floor 4 before I promptly get squished, Whats A good mage character?

You'll probably get more numerous and detailed responses from the game thread so I'll keep this short.
Species pick: DE (for squishy wizardness), HE (for beefy wizardness) or Te (for nimble wizardness)
Class pick: Wz (for general magery) or Cj (for offensive magery)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9988 on: October 14, 2013, 01:23:24 pm »

Siege reinforcements come in at a really bad place. Since it's a siege and all, you would think the leader of the reinforcements could choose a less disastrous side to come in from. Like, say, one that doesn't require them to run all the way around the town to reach the main force. The siege of Paris failed because Captain Whatshisface of England was too cool to merge his 500 levy spearmen with the main army when the assault began. By the time they regrouped, they were exhausted from running and the billmen who ran the ladders to the walls had routed or died. At least we wrenched Dublin from Scotland and Milan hasn't attacked us in a long time.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9989 on: October 14, 2013, 01:25:20 pm »

Siege reinforcements come in at a really bad place. Since it's a siege and all, you would think the leader of the reinforcements could choose a less disastrous side to come in from. Like, say, one that doesn't require them to run all the way around the town to reach the main force. The siege of Paris failed because Captain Whatshisface of England was too cool to merge his 500 levy spearmen with the main army when the assault began. By the time they regrouped, they were exhausted from running and the billmen who ran the ladders to the walls had routed or died. At least we wrenched Dublin from Scotland and Milan hasn't attacked us in a long time.

I believe it is.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 1574