Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369418 times)

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #9960 on: October 12, 2013, 10:09:18 am »

You cough heavily x4.
From the west you hear whump!
You cough heavily.
You cough heavily x3.
You cough heavily.
You die...

Cataclysm DDA

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: October 12, 2013, 10:12:50 am »

My main party ran into about 4 squads of cat people. 1 composed of ballista, and the other having their own hero. I went down fighting though. My hero managed to kill 1 entire before they could focus him down.

Age of Wonders 2.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: October 12, 2013, 10:41:58 am »

Mild space kracken attack is all I can think of.  Once orbit was achieved I sent out a kerbin to fly around in eva a bit.  Once he left the spaceplane started rolling uncontrollably for no explicable reason.  I switched back to the plane to try to figure out what the extremely stupid pilot was doing and to try to bring it back under control.

Unfortunately the other kerbal was still drifting about in EVA and got smacked by a wing, sending him straight at kerbin at a very high speed.  I finally manage to regain control by tapping the time dilation button, which somehow killed the kracken.  But by the time I was out of ideas and did this the poor unfortunate kerbal was already off the map, probably having made a kerbal shaped crater in the desert.

(The piloting kerbal successfully brought the spaceplane back down to KSC after a short mourning period)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: October 12, 2013, 11:40:57 am »

My goal was to achieve my first orbit in a rocket I made. It had 4 boosters, but I accidentally let them go before I was out of the atmosphere. "Oh well," I thought, "There's still the main rocket." However, the main rocket flew just as well as I had thought it would, meaning it flew like a rock. I was unable to turn the rocket back around, and the parachutes wouldn't deploy because there was still fuel left in the rocket, causing me to crash into Kerbin at an abnormally high velocity.

Kerbal Space Program

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: October 12, 2013, 11:52:28 am »

"'Explore that island,' they said. 'It should be empty,' they said. 'YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM,' THEY SAID!"

- Last words of multiple scouts and a rover.

"Where the FUCK did all these mind worms come from?"

- Me

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: October 12, 2013, 12:01:10 pm »

"'Explore that island,' they said. 'It should be empty,' they said. 'YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM,' THEY SAID!"

- Last words of multiple scouts and a rover.

"Where the FUCK did all these mind worms come from?"

- Me

I guess someone has been polluting Planet. I would also guess that Planet doesn't care who, just that humans did.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: October 12, 2013, 02:51:51 pm »

Riding along at top speed on my green motorcycle thing, make a left turn, I end up on the sidewalk.  Face, meet telephone pole.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: October 12, 2013, 09:35:54 pm »

I tried my first spaceplane. When I tried to pull up I started to do backflips, during the first one, it partially hit the groud knocking ONLY the cockpit off before flying into the ocean.

Kerbal Space Program again... Losing is Fun

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: October 12, 2013, 09:42:51 pm »

Why do I always underestimate how hard those slime creatures can hit once they start grouping up?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: October 12, 2013, 11:35:08 pm »

Mild space kracken attack is all I can think of.  Once orbit was achieved I sent out a kerbin to fly around in eva a bit.  Once he left the spaceplane started rolling uncontrollably for no explicable reason.  I switched back to the plane to try to figure out what the extremely stupid pilot was doing and to try to bring it back under control.

Unfortunately the other kerbal was still drifting about in EVA and got smacked by a wing, sending him straight at kerbin at a very high speed.  I finally manage to regain control by tapping the time dilation button, which somehow killed the kracken.  But by the time I was out of ideas and did this the poor unfortunate kerbal was already off the map, probably having made a kerbal shaped crater in the desert.

(The piloting kerbal successfully brought the spaceplane back down to KSC after a short mourning period)

... Wait. Is a Space Kraken an actual thing in the game... Or is it just a game-name for insane piloting/turbulence?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: October 12, 2013, 11:37:08 pm »

It's when a ship wigs out for no apparent reason, I think.
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: October 12, 2013, 11:42:08 pm »

Got impaled, then absorbed, then the blob that absorbed me got crushed by a giant boulder, leaving no trace of me.

Amorphous plus
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9972 on: October 13, 2013, 12:21:35 am »

Dordilf forgot to enable SAS, which causes the new twin-nuclear-engine space fighter to spiral off the runway like a firecracker without a stick. (KSP)
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: October 13, 2013, 12:35:06 am »

Suffered death by Javelin to Face.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: October 13, 2013, 01:41:17 am »

I got two.
Liberation of Gracemeria.  Finish taking out the city, without any of the operations failing, but with 90% damage from various AA emplacements (Mainly from trying to take out a couple of the cruisers in the bay with guns).  I was celebrating my victory, COMPLETELY forgetting about Pasternak.  Cue trying to quickly take off while every missile on the map speeds towards me.  Few times later and I suddenly see a bright light in front of me.  I start wondering what it is for a moment.  In that moment I get struck by a missile in a head on collision. 

Chandelier.  Trying to be awesome and do a high speed run when taking out the last backup cooling unit.  Those AAA towers are DEADLY.   

Finally, started a new game++ on Ace.   Went through the first mission without taking a single hit in the F-16, and I had already driven off Strgon team.  I look and see that apparently I have an hour left still to retreat.  I tae this as them not adjusting for the difficulty level and continue to eradicate the last few invaders with what little gun ammo I have left.  There is only one left, and suddenly MISSION FAILED due to time limit.   WHY DID ALL OF YOU RETREAT?! I HAD WON THE BATTLE FOR YOU.   The least you guys could of done was get me a tanker or something, maybe some forces to go retake the city seeing as how they had no armor or air support.  Win the entire war less then an hour after it starts.   

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1574