Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373943 times)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #8265 on: February 22, 2013, 01:50:00 am »

For me, I got bored, was out of ammo, and there was a big fat merchant ship that refused to go down to Davy Jone's Locker.  Note- U-Boats do not have the structural integrity or the mass to be efficient at ramming.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh, but they do for sampans. ;)
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: February 22, 2013, 02:19:34 am »

Died due to massive herp.

Dug into a huge pile of bauxite (which has been modded to yield aluminum,) gold, silver, and tetrahedrite (which has been modded to contain more metal types, ala real life,) and very little regular ol' stone. Got about half of my wall built only to see...

An ambush! Curse them!

8 gobbos in all titanium gear wiped out 56 dorfs because I was too busy making aluminum crafts to bother setting up any defense at all. *facepalm*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8267 on: February 22, 2013, 02:31:04 am »

I know the feeling man, I know the feeling.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: February 22, 2013, 03:19:18 am »

Dug into a huge pile of bauxite (which has been modded to yield aluminum,) gold, silver, and tetrahedrite (which has been modded to contain more metal types, ala real life,) and very little regular ol' stone. Got about half of my wall built only to see...

An ambush! Curse them!

8 gobbos in all titanium gear wiped out 56 dorfs because I was too busy making aluminum crafts to bother setting up any defense at all. *facepalm*

lolz u got rapeed fagget!!!!!!!!!!!!! whot gam is dis
liek so there ppl can c dis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(((((((

-pewdiepie4eva2001

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: February 22, 2013, 03:28:09 am »

An ambush! Curse them!

lolz u got rapeed fagget!!!!!!!!!!!!! whot gam is dis
liek so there ppl can c dis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(((((((

-pewdiepie4eva2001
It's Dwarf Fortress, man.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: February 22, 2013, 04:27:32 am »

So that's what it looks like when MZ lightly taps someone on the shoulder.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: February 22, 2013, 06:57:46 am »

"Umm excuse me"
FWWWZZZZZZZZZAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
"Ugh, not again!"

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8272 on: February 22, 2013, 01:02:45 pm »

Everything's going alright, Singularity Engine has been set up without a hitch, had headed out to set up the solars and was on my way to prepare the last array. Going through the maintenance corridor when I find a locker obstructing my path. I open it so I can get path.

Inside is a plasma-oxygen tank assembly.

*beep beep*

Cue gibs and a large chunk of Medical/Research gone.

We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: February 22, 2013, 01:11:29 pm »

"Umm excuse me"
FWWWZZZZZZZZZAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
"Ugh, not again!"
So, uh, who saw the transparent text above the gif?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: February 22, 2013, 01:17:19 pm »

I did, but only after you mentioned it.
(For anyone who doesn't know, the pejorative in that secret message is not actually a pejorative at all, but slang of the imageboard-which-must-not-be-named.  I can say with confidence that no offense is meant)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8275 on: February 22, 2013, 01:20:32 pm »

Apparently, "transparent" is not a valid color.

Also, trying to launch a last-ditch evacuation effort. I launch all the needed modules, including the massive amounts of resources, to the starship. Then a new objective tells me to launch the children of the faction, who at that moment, were launching a last-ditch effort to kill me and doom all humanity. Unfortunately, their children never showed up. But lots and lots of their tanks did.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8276 on: February 22, 2013, 02:12:53 pm »

Being engaged in a war against the undead, elves, and two different orcs clans with only the human race as allies is... well, destructive. Although I have had played the game enough in the past to successfully defeat almost anything one-on-one in WC3, it would appear three-on-one is the keyword to get... BURNED AND DESTROYED BY FLESH-THROWING CATAPULTS.

My unintelligent self-proclaimed ally was too busy hunting for critters whilst its base was thrown upside-down thanks to the joint orc-undead operation, and only after that happens does it come back to fight against the huge numbers of the enemy... only to die and give them a free pass to my base.

Gee, thank you my dear ally. I sure do feel safe having you distract the enemy for less than two minutes. But might I ask why in devil's name didn't you just come with me to attack the enemy bases and hence prevented the enemy from gathering such huge numbers of troops?

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:14:33 pm by ComputerWarrior »
Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8277 on: February 22, 2013, 07:24:44 pm »

Eldar are absolutely ungodly broken in Dark Crusade. Scouts with sniper rifles, Marines with every weapon combination imaginable, tanks, artillery, bolter turrets? All fall before a Wraithwalker, Warp Spiders, basic infantry and some Harlequins. There's absolutely no downtime between attacks, either.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8278 on: February 23, 2013, 11:58:30 am »

Gathered a bunch of supplies, and even found a quad in the parking lot by a mine I had been using as a base. Even filled a jerry with gas, so there was absolutely no chance of running out of fuel for it. Decided to move camp having had a little run-in with a massive horde that had spitters, shockers, runners, several brutes, and plenty of normal zombies. Must have sniped at least 5 necromancers too. Anyway, the local town was too hot to gather any supplies, so I had to leave.

Put as much gear as I could in the trunk of the quad, carried the rest and drove off. Then I drove by a military base and had my chest shot apart by the turrets from at least two screen-lengths away.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8279 on: February 23, 2013, 12:30:31 pm »

Died from starvation/poisoning. I was trying to figure out what herbs and plants and berries were poisonous, by eating them, because I was starving. The answer is: at least one of them.

Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 1575