Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373686 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #8205 on: February 18, 2013, 11:22:36 am »

I Wanna Be The Guy. All that needs to be said.
Coupled with I Wanna Be The Fangame and I Wanna Be The Boshy, and you have a week of rage. and Death. Lots and LOTS of death.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: February 18, 2013, 01:59:14 pm »

Team leader opens the door of the ship, steps out carrying his gauss pistol.
Rocket of some description flies in. Everyone is knocked unconscious by the blast and is never seen again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: February 18, 2013, 03:27:46 pm »

Dear god, so many Cyberdisks.

First soldier hops out of the ship, rifle in hand. Cyber disk and sectoid are immediately in front of them, about five tiles away. I arm a heavy explosive and rush two steps forward before getting shot and blowing up violently. Next soldier jumps off the other side of the ramp and hides behind the landing strut.
Turn two begins, and I throw smoke grenades out the ship onto the ramp. My rocket launcher toting rookiee jumps out and blasts the cyberdisk and dies in the explosion. We finish another sectoid that was in the tight little alleyway we're in, and spread out a bit. One soldier blasts a hole in a fence revealing... Another cyberdisk+sectoid. Two heavy cannon HE shells take them down quite nicely, and we move forward.
Turn three starts with the heavy cannon soldier turning and nuking my favorite soldier from point blank range, under enemy control. So I shoot him, as I have no stun batons close enough, and move up farther. Another cyberdisk appears in another alley, and we unload on it, most of the laser pistol rounds spanging off it's armored hide. The dead rocket operator gives us a gift as my strongest fastest soldier grabs the rocket, loads it, and fires it on the cyberdisk, killing it.
Turn four begins with my Captain panicking, two more sectoids becoming visible, and me realizing I'm not even out of the hole we landed in, and it looks like someone strafed the area with howitzer fire. Smoke everywhere, half a building blasted away, dead bodies scattered about, horrified civilians fleeing before my forces into the waiting guns of predatory aliens. My CO is freaking out, the next highest rank soldier is a sergeant who is directly fighting cyberdisks with a rocket launcher (that just ran out of ammo), and all the squaddies I'd managed to save up were dead or dying.

This game is awesome.

UFO: Enemy Unknown, OR XCOM: UFO Defense
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: February 18, 2013, 05:47:47 pm »

Found an Njerpez warrior. Though I could kill him, you know, to butcher his corpse and get more food!
My first attempt at throwing a javelin at him went sideways. Missed him by a mile.
Second javelin landed on his abdomen, he sweared incoherently and fell to the ground.
Pulled out my third javelin and chucked it at him as I was charging at him.
It miseed. I pulled out my spear, tried to stab his throat, but unfortunately, he dodged and counterattacked with his lumberjack's axe.
It hit my leg, and I fell to the ground instantly.

The warrior stood up, and striked me in the chest with his axe again. It was brutal. I passed out, and he striked me some more with the axe.

that's how I kicked the bucket.

UnReal World.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:49:33 pm by DoomOnion »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: February 18, 2013, 06:42:41 pm »

Synchronized explosions. Twice.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: February 18, 2013, 07:00:57 pm »

I AGREE. A GAME WHERE YOU CAN TELEPORT INTO YOUR OWN ARROWS SOUNDS FASCINATING AND WORTH CHECKING OUT.

Tales of Maj'Eyal. A Temporal Warden with Haste, the Epoch's Curve, and a racial speed boost could probably even teleport into a stream of his own arrows.
THAT is new to me. I should probably download the new version :V
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: February 18, 2013, 07:12:06 pm »

Five-hit tag team combo.

1) Donkey Kong punched me in to the air.
2) Captain Falcon spiked me back to DK.
3) Donkey punched me back to Falcon.
4) Falcon did his Falcon Punch, throwing me quite a ways over the edge.
5) Donkey ran and jumped just in time to spike me in to the abyss, volleyball-style.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: February 18, 2013, 07:23:34 pm »

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: February 18, 2013, 07:57:39 pm »

Five-hit tag team combo.

5) Donkey ran and jumped just in time to spike me in to the abyss, volleyball-style.

Yeah, the AI at level 9 in a team are absolutely BRUTAL. With that test I did, I only just managed to pull off the win, had a few very near misses (pikachu is light as a feather, and only his superior recovery got me back in the game. His weird hitboxes also helped.)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: February 18, 2013, 08:22:28 pm »

Five-hit tag team combo.

Yeah, the AI at level 9 in a team are absolutely BRUTAL. With that test I did, I only just managed to pull off the win, had a few very near misses (pikachu is light as a feather, and only his superior recovery got me back in the game. His weird hitboxes also helped.)

I've won twice since I started 1v2 matches. Once I got lucky with a Bob-Omb, and the other time I had to kick and scratch for a Heart Container and nearly lost over the stupid thing.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: February 18, 2013, 09:13:15 pm »

Was heading to a mega store to gather some supplies since all I had at my base was chips and soda. Didn't count on a massive horde being in the mall but managed to lead them through a few houses and kill 26 of them before becoming to weak to fight back. Was ambushed by a pack of wolves on my way home.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: February 19, 2013, 01:16:04 am »

After effortlessly smashing through a Shadow Lair (excluding any lag-related deaths), I decided to do a Firestorm Citadel run.

One of the people with me in the Shadow Lair came with me on this run. We didn't really get any lag.

Predictably, we got a flaming mace to the face.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: February 19, 2013, 01:51:00 am »

Tried to defeat megaman....I died at least 400 times already

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: February 19, 2013, 02:17:56 am »

My Kestrel was blown apart shortly after encountering the Rebel Flagship.
There was no possible way for me to get past it's shields with my weapons, so I tried teleporting my crew aboard to take them out personally. It didn't work.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:23:10 am by FuzzyZergling »

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: February 19, 2013, 03:14:50 am »

Damn Snow Beast kept hitting me 2-3 times in a row every time it knocked me down. Finally beat him after many deaths, only to find out that all my med kits and most of my ammo was gone.

Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 1575