Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373284 times)

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #8130 on: February 08, 2013, 11:49:19 am »

It was a fairly good round, I had almost scouted the entire area I was assigned without running into any trouble. My hunger was dropping pretty low, but I only had to complete this last mission without fucking up to climb another step on the ranking board. Then, just as I thought I'd done it, the ground disappeared underneath me, the screen was obscured by a white light and the game was over. I'd died, so close to the end. I nearly smashed my monitor in frustration - it's surprising how games these days are realistic enough to make you feel like that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: February 08, 2013, 04:39:01 pm »

That game is so unforgiving.  Just one wrong click and BAM!
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Kaiserr

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: February 08, 2013, 06:32:52 pm »

Had my spine severed and my head was promptly kicked off and added to a collection.  :'(
Wait, you type with your feet? That's badass.
DF: Beat people to death with their own appendages!

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: February 09, 2013, 07:14:07 am »

Once upon a time, there was a silly survivor. He was wandering through the safe, safe lands of 'Spider Webs' when he suddenly fell through a hole in the ground and got promptly bitten to death by trapdoor spiders.

Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: February 09, 2013, 08:14:01 am »

*gunshots* *explosion*
*more gunshots, running*
"STOP-WHERE-YOU-ARE."
"Oh no gotta run aaa-"
"STOP-WHERE-YOU-ARE."
*PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW* *game over theme*

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: February 09, 2013, 08:39:07 am »

"Oh no, big swarm of enemies, and I have only 9 health... I will try out one of these frag grenades I made."

Turns out they shoot out actual bits of shrapnel, not just a larger-radius grenade.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: February 09, 2013, 07:46:31 pm »

I was standing on a long oval table in a dark room. All around me I sensed nothing but gunshots, fleshy thuds, yells, bodies hitting the floor, items flying everywhere, torsoless legs kicking people in the balls... I was the only person on the table, no ammo in my assault rifle. I switch to a shotgun I nabbed before running from the broken barricade and to the table and it was empty too. I switch through my pistols and the first two are empty but the last has a few bullets which I unload into a zombie jumping onto the table. No more rounds, I get surrounded and killed. It was a good run.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: February 09, 2013, 11:52:47 pm »

I was flapping around with explosives and found out a fence was invincible. So I decided to go around stealthed. Slowly snuck up until my guys saw someone in a tower. While I was busy equipping rifles with realtime on, a German snuck up himself and gunned my main character hard. His healthbar was entirely red when the German's turn ended. I engage and like an idiot use my medic to fire on the enemy. No problem, I think, as I see no bleeding effects on my main guy, so he should be able to be healed later right?

Nope, apparently he was bleeding. End of turn? Bam, knocked out and game over. Whoops.

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: February 10, 2013, 01:52:30 pm »

I'm pretty sure the monks' natural predator are the Dune Stingers. Just the trash white mobs are deadly, and elite packs with arcane sentry, molten, plagued, and vampirism, well...you'd be ded. multiple times.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: February 10, 2013, 02:37:51 pm »

Cathy got everyone I didn't accept as peacevassels (cuz, you know, I was going to kill them eventually) and then took a liking to the surprisingly successful Monty.  Monty was unable to cross a weakened Greek border to get to me, but Cathy had no issues.  Her and her vassels were not happy about my assimilation of Japan or my engineer-producing wonder whoring.  All said it they ranked at 6.5x my power. . .

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: February 10, 2013, 07:39:49 pm »

Not really a death, but the grey alien I'm supposed to protect has a giant head- so giant, in fact, that it intersects with my crosshairs no matter where I look. His weapon of choice has an extremely short range as well, so he's always running in front of me to take potshots. Do the math.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: February 10, 2013, 07:46:36 pm »

The prisoners, including me, were told to crouch-walk to the base of the stairs and stand shoulder to shoulder. A guard goes down the line checking us for weapons, and I'll probably be busted and shot because I have a shank. He comes up, searches me, then starts backing away. I draw my shank, charge, and ram it into his gut multiple times. Dead. Then his buddies open fire with their AK-47s and I drop.

Next round, we do the same thing. I don't have a shank this time, but a couple others do and I take my chance. One of them is searched and he lunges out with his shank and kills the guard, then I break formation and run for the dead guard's gun. I pick it up and start running while loading it. I dive into this hole thing with collapsing floors, run up the stairs handily sitting there, and open up on a guard. By now, all the prisoners with shanks and guns from the guards are in a firefight with the surviving guards who are shooting pretty much anyone. I start firing and kill a guard, then one of them point-blanks me with a shotgun. Fun times.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: February 10, 2013, 10:23:51 pm »

Trying to use digital direction pad for PCSX2 left analog stick movement, since even with motionjoy and the newest set of plugins my emulator will not pick up analog stick input.

I proceed to get Roflstomped by Ogmas despite looking at them because I can't move fast enough, get roflstomped about five times by Lognaiser, an easy boss, especially after accidentally deploying my legion into his charge and getting my sword crest broken. Then he creates floating mines.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: February 11, 2013, 01:52:34 am »

Not really a death, but the grey alien I'm supposed to protect has a giant head- so giant, in fact, that it intersects with my crosshairs no matter where I look. His weapon of choice has an extremely short range as well, so he's always running in front of me to take potshots. Do the math.

Ohhh man, as soon as you mentioned a grey alien with a giant head I thought of that game. :D I should really go back and play it again, now that I'm no longer a little kid with rather mediocre gaming skills... I remember how hard the game was for me. Great fun, especially in the multiplayer modes, but the later missions were painful.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: February 11, 2013, 04:30:58 am »

Ohhh man, as soon as you mentioned a grey alien with a giant head I thought of that game. :D I should really go back and play it again, now that I'm no longer a little kid with rather mediocre gaming skills... I remember how hard the game was for me. Great fun, especially in the multiplayer modes, but the later missions were painful.

I played it multiplayer night before last at a 21st while semi-drunk. MUCH FUN WAS HAD.
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 1575