Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373592 times)

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7920 on: January 18, 2013, 05:15:16 am »

There was once a pianist, who played such good music that a blind kid kicking walls to create sound could do better. Hence, he was impoverished and badly needed the money to survive. So he had sex with a drunk lady in the pub and it was so good that it made her go insane.

Which caused the pianist to feel that this could be his new profession. As he went to buy some food for himself from a cook to sate his starving stomach, he heard a shout just before two arrows pierced his body making him fall to the ground. The last thing he saw was a guard, before he finally passed away. Apparently, having sex is a crime punishable by death.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: January 18, 2013, 05:19:48 am »

What the hell is that game even about...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: January 18, 2013, 06:30:54 am »

What the hell is that game even about...
Elona? Honestly, I don't know. The game has created a lot of confusion for me with its (Fun) weirdness, be it good or bad. For example, in a latter play I charged a bunch of wild animals in combat whilst riding the little girl that was my follower.

It is up to you to determine what exactly "riding" means in this case. :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: January 18, 2013, 10:32:54 am »

Ever heard much of people who actually succeeded at taking on the whole fucking Cathedral of Attnam and managing not to get blown to smithereens by the kamikaze dwarves?

Me neither.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: January 18, 2013, 10:48:35 am »

Dogfighting with a few psychotic "pirates" around a space station in a fog where visibility was only 1km or so. Killed one, then noticed two more off in the distance die to something. Not sure what. Might have been my drunken wingman, but I'm not sure. I never ordered him off my wing.

Started tangling with the last one, though. He got one or two hits in, but I took him out. Then I realized(too late) what happened. Bastard lured me into range of several gun batteries the size of my ship. The station, for it's part, waited until several of them had a good bead on me before firing.

Ever heard much of people who actually succeeded at taking on the whole fucking Cathedral of Attnam and managing not to get blown to smithereens by the kamikaze dwarves?

Me neither.

Depends. On wizard mode or not? Because in wizard mode I just summon a crapload of kamikaze dwarves of another religion, and teleport away(and maybe a wand of fireballs to start the party). It takes days before the smoke clears and it stops raining blood.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: January 18, 2013, 11:03:23 am »

Yeah, the pubs usually have a high-level character or two who will one-shot you with a rock. In Vernis, there's the guards and that dungeon cleaner thing I think. There might be one or two others, but aside from that there's the peasants who are easy to play for. The early days of my pianist usually involved me sitting in the corner of Vernis playing for the odd miner or farmer who walked by...

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: January 18, 2013, 11:15:30 am »

Some sort of creature coming at me. No ammo at all. I resolve to slow him down and punch him to death. It worked! Well... after a few tries, but still.
I pressed on after that, backtracking after having made some progress. Then there were TWO creatures. My plasma cutter only managed to get a leg off as they approached me. I was quickly dismembered.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: January 20, 2013, 05:23:32 pm »

The Omega Pirate may be the cheapest boss I've seen since the Sith Infiltrator from Star Wars: Starfighter. I have no idea what the rules for this fight are. I can't tell when it's possible to hit him, my lock-on keeps switching targets, and his melee attack has a HUGE damage area. It's just a waiting game until I run out of health.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: January 20, 2013, 06:12:24 pm »

I'm happily running through the Underground Jungle. Armed with full adamantine armour, Excalibur, Wings, and basically all the other awesome Hard Mode kit, I was feeling pretty invincible.

Then I touch a block at apparently the wrong angle, and instantly explode. (The game literally reported that I gibbed myself with my own explosives, despite not carrying any bombs.) While over a lava pit. On Medium-core difficulty, meaning I dropped all my loot. And even the magma-proof stuff is too far away from base for me to recover. GAH.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #7929 on: January 20, 2013, 06:31:36 pm »

The Omega Pirate may be the cheapest boss I've seen since the Sith Infiltrator from Star Wars: Starfighter. I have no idea what the rules for this fight are. I can't tell when it's possible to hit him, my lock-on keeps switching targets, and his melee attack has a HUGE damage area. It's just a waiting game until I run out of health.

First, you need to shoot the Phazon armor on his body off, Plasma beam works best for this. The reason your lock on switching is that there are, if I recall correctly, 4 pieces of armor to shoot off. One on each limb.

Then after that, he proceeds to turn invisibile and send Beam Pirates after you. (Whilst uttering a sound that sounds like, "Finish her.") Interesting note: The beam pirates will always be melee or ranged, never both.

Eventually, he will appear over a puddle of Phazon, still invisible, rebuilding his armor. (And if he's hurt, healing himself.) What you want to do is attack him, with X-ray visor on (He can only be damaged with X-ray visor active, no other way, this is a notable problem for low % playthroughs.), preferably with the Ice Spreader (Ice beam combo, does twice the damage of super missile.), if you don't have the ice spreader, use Super missiles, if you're out of missiles, use Plasma beam.

Then he'll become visible again, with his armor, and it's rinse repeat from there.

Also, my avatar says hi.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: January 20, 2013, 07:06:04 pm »

My Pigeoto and Bayleef got roofied and iced by a fucking Smoochum
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: January 20, 2013, 09:47:39 pm »

Note to self: Don't go salvaging for ships and astronauts in areas where a motherfucking battle is currently taking place. A stray anti-capital ship missile could hit your posterior and kiss your progress goodbye.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: January 21, 2013, 02:36:09 am »

Having engaged in an intense fight with the leader of a religious group that worshiped the undead, I finally managed to kill all of its thirty-something minions and dodge most of 'holes' he made appear under me. As soon as I was about to slay him with my shotgun of AWESOMENESS, I immediately died in an explosion.

Then I remembered, I planted some mines on the ground early in the battle. Argh, twenty minutes of fighting and 'ammo reserving' for nothing.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7933 on: January 21, 2013, 12:42:15 pm »

Went critical when my torso, already a tattered mess from taking so many clean hits from an autocannon, was nailed by a gauss rifle slug.

First time playing the original XCOM and my first objective is a Terror Mission (FUUUUUUU-). So we land, and I take my first steps out into the world. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out the controls, then I got into the groove of the game and wiped them out with two casualties. Then I shot down a small UFO and experienced a total party wipe. Good times!

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: January 21, 2013, 12:48:55 pm »

Apparently, bees don't like me.

Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 1575