Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373683 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7875 on: January 11, 2013, 12:29:09 pm »

Got the crap mercilessly kicked out of me by my own father. My own father. :'(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: January 11, 2013, 01:07:24 pm »

Finally found a door in the sewers after searching for ages for the man who had been harassing the town, and was immediately shot through the head and killed after preparing for a big fight.
I hate this game sometimes.  ::)

That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: January 11, 2013, 06:13:21 pm »

Turns out if you've taken the shape of a rat and you're running around in a cramped ventilation duct, accidentally reverting to human form should be avoided. It leaves a mess and blocks up the air flow.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: January 12, 2013, 05:55:27 am »

Turns out if you've taken the shape of a rat and you're running around in a cramped ventilation duct, accidentally reverting to human form should be avoided. It leaves a mess and blocks up the air flow.

Wait what? I had no idea that game featured shapeshifting. I thought it was just another action/adventure thingy.

As for me, a grabberclaw golem and a poisonous rat could two-shot me while my not particularly competent shieldmaiden just sort of complained about how bad I was and how powerful the enemies had gotten while saying she was done every time she died. The rest of my team was apparently having largely similar luck, and we fell without ever managing to put up too much resistance.

Though actually, that might have been my second to last "death." The other one I don't remember much on, other than that a giant anchor-wielding spaceman and a punk rocker with power gauntlets kept coming to help the explosives expert squirrel gank me and my poor teddy bear. Then our ninja turtle left, which pretty much spelled the end of our chances.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: January 12, 2013, 06:19:12 am »

Wait what? I had no idea that game featured shapeshifting. I thought it was just another action/adventure thingy.
I believe you can summon a swarm of rats, then possess one of them or something. I'm not sure, though.

On topic, after grabbing a quest from bandits, I journey around and end up killing a golem, 2 cyclopes, a chimera, numerous goblins and hobgoblins, and a group of ghosts that only one of my party members could hit. I died to bandits on my way back to town. My last save was the autosave when I got the quest. Arg.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7880 on: January 12, 2013, 11:11:55 am »

Its actually not shapeshifting, its possession. :P You can take control of anything conscious, like a fish, or a rat, or a guard (and thats pretty much it). You sort of..jump inside them, when you do so. You can possess stuff from a distance, but when you jump back out, either when your host is killed or you surrender control of him, your physical body reappears next to him. So when he accidentally jumped out of the rat, well….you know..

But yeah, other than a nice selection of Bioshock-esque powers and some fairly large levels with quite a number of different ways to complete each one, it really is standard Action-Adventure fare.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:15:43 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: January 12, 2013, 12:26:50 pm »

Couldn't throw an EMP grenade fast enough or switch to my grenade launcher fast enough, but my dual machine pistols did run out of ammo fast enough. During which I found myself far too close to a swarm of happy fun balls(which jump in your face, and explode), followed by a wall of bullet.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: January 12, 2013, 12:50:31 pm »

My king was badly wounded in battle, and rendered incapable, in the second year of his reign. "Oh well," I thought. "He's not much longer for this world."

He proceeded to live another 47 years, and died peacefully in bed. The kingdom wasn't so lucky.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: January 12, 2013, 02:15:38 pm »

After running throught he town clad in medieval gear i enter a house and am swarmed by zombies.Only four were still alive after the battered,and cut knight finally succumbed to his wounds.That morningstar served him well.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: January 12, 2013, 02:47:15 pm »

After spending days (in Game Time) to fully barricade a garage from the Big Bad Zombies (TM) of the outside world, I was killed by zombies... whilst going to get some supplies in order to increase my 'food stockpile' to last a month.

Luckily, the new character I created spawned in an evac shelter near the garage so it wasn't that bad. All of my rotten food became fresh too! Somehow...

Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: January 12, 2013, 03:02:33 pm »

Murderboning wizard; I charged him with my fists.
I think enough has been said.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: January 12, 2013, 11:00:33 pm »

Sneaking in to a high security facility? Easy. Photographing a radioactive isotope? Check. Elite troops with experimental assault rifles? Dead before they hit the floor.

Two simple automated cannons? OH SHIT SON, YOU BETTER TAKE A STEP BACK NOW.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: January 13, 2013, 10:25:46 pm »

I was doing great. I was alive, had repelled my first real invader (I don't spend much time alive), and struck down Queelag with little damage. I upgraded my Estus Flask to +1, and trotted out of there fine. Three slashin' spiders, mosquitoes, I was ready to exit Blight Town and then I fell off that damn elevator thing.
Then I did it again.
I walked too soon/late and fell to my death like, five times. It's a good thing I did all my leveling up beforehand.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7888 on: January 14, 2013, 09:08:56 am »

Spoiler: This fucker right here (click to show/hide)
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: January 14, 2013, 09:21:27 am »

Cataclysm? I'm not good enough to recognize games based on visuals :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 1575