Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373958 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7830 on: January 03, 2013, 06:44:05 pm »

There's always a bigger guy.  Shame this time the bigger guy was a supermutant zombie.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: January 03, 2013, 08:36:44 pm »

Motherfucking wolves and zombies started working together

RIP Otis the hunter

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kaiserr

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: January 03, 2013, 09:04:18 pm »

My eyes were ordered gouged out by the king of Sparta. Died of illness shortly afterwards. That's the last time I help my allies out in a war.

That's it,dammit,I'm buying this game!  :P
Wait, you type with your feet? That's badass.
DF: Beat people to death with their own appendages!

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: January 04, 2013, 03:23:55 am »

My eyes were ordered gouged out by the king of Sparta. Died of illness shortly afterwards. That's the last time I help my allies out in a war.

That's it,dammit,I'm buying this game!  :P

Proud of you :')

Anyway. I tried to assasinate the heir to the Throne of Ireland fifteen seperate times over twelve years. The lad was gravely wounded five times - one of these cost him his eye - but he survived, and I died of old age days after half my vassals started rebelling. The kingdom I built passed on to the family of my third wife.

Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: January 04, 2013, 05:04:25 am »

What. Did you marry matrilineally or something?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: January 04, 2013, 05:30:42 am »

Yeah, it was proposed by some other guy, didn't notice the "matrilineally" in the announcement :(
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: January 04, 2013, 12:38:55 pm »

I tried to plant C4 on the back of an enemy guard for lulz, completely oblivious to all security cameras in the area.

I lulzed.
The VR mission is particularly fun when you have to do that. Especially when it doesn't tell you how to do it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: January 04, 2013, 05:09:03 pm »

I was looking for secret areas in which to rescue more mudokons, and in doing so I found an immobile guard. He stood still, staring off in the same direction. Jokingly, I stood behind him, crouching repeatedly, and yelling at him. He then turned around, yelled "Freeze!" and shot me dead. I was not amused.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: January 05, 2013, 12:53:12 pm »

Not so much die as suffer a failure.

Shakturi come along, 'We are peaceful!' (yeah, right) I decide to attack them, my military was 8 times more powerful than theirs.

They repelled about half of my fleet and all of my invading ground troops. I sued for peace.

Building up my fleet. They appear to have reached a maximum on their fleet size.

I blew them up with a planetbuster the last time I saw them in my game. There was still an epic fight beforehand with me losing mid-late game capital ship in droves though.

--

I turned my entire squadron right into some Japanese torpedoes and got to find out how much resistance Cleveland and Omaha-class light cruisers have against them. Complacency kills.

[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: January 05, 2013, 01:16:08 pm »

For a minute I thought you turned your fleet into Japanese torpedoes in the sense that the Japanese Air Force was "torpedoes" in WWII.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: January 05, 2013, 01:29:39 pm »

For a minute I thought you turned your fleet into Japanese torpedoes in the sense that the Japanese Air Force was "torpedoes" in WWII.
...Wut.

Anyway, the stingy bit is that these torpedoes was on my bow, and would very likely have missed had I not ordered that maneuver. Those Long Lances are dangerous.
Adept Lurker

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: January 05, 2013, 02:04:40 pm »

I was thinking your fleet was aircraft or small spacecraft or something. And you used them to "torpedo" enemy ships by running into them at high speeds carrying large quantities of explosives/fuel.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: January 05, 2013, 05:45:41 pm »

k_____ze.  is there a taboo on that word? 

0.o
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: January 05, 2013, 08:42:50 pm »

Not so much die as suffer a failure.

Shakturi come along, 'We are peaceful!' (yeah, right) I decide to attack them, my military was 8 times more powerful than theirs.

They repelled about half of my fleet and all of my invading ground troops. I sued for peace.

Building up my fleet. They appear to have reached a maximum on their fleet size.

I blew them up with a planetbuster the last time I saw them in my game. There was still an epic fight beforehand with me losing mid-late game capital ship in droves though.

--

I turned my entire squadron right into some Japanese torpedoes and got to find out how much resistance Cleveland and Omaha-class light cruisers have against them. Complacency kills.

I'd have grabbed the world destroyer, but there was only one, and another empire had started work on it.

Well, if that empire is friendly, and the World Destroyer is in an unaligned system or you have military access from them, you can post your fleet nearby and they may automatically takeover that death star once it finishes.

I know that because I had that happen to me once, but that's with the original DW at version 1.04 years ago, and things might have changed since then.

I was thinking your fleet was aircraft or small spacecraft or something. And you used them to "torpedo" enemy ships by running into them at high speeds carrying large quantities of explosives/fuel.

I should have used another word like flotilla or steer or something. My bad. :P
Adept Lurker

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: January 06, 2013, 05:02:26 am »

I HATE YOU ARISTOCRATS WHY DO YOU KEEP FREEZING AND ELECTROCUTING ME

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.