Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374550 times)

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7650 on: December 17, 2012, 10:07:43 pm »

My slow-mo jump failed to give me the distance I expected, and I was gunned down instantly by a blue cowboy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: December 18, 2012, 01:14:11 am »

Eaten by spiders.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: December 18, 2012, 01:27:14 am »

I have no clue who this Uriel guy is, I hate his stage I hate his traps and I hate his boss fight. 

He doesn't seem to be weak to anything. Blanka's watermelons seem effective at least in blocking his projectiles and he seems to be perfectly happy to charge into them, but they don't seem to do any special amount of damage to him and he spends so much time just jumping around that I run out of melons and either need to use hadoken or the megabuster.  Only weapon I haven't given a full try to yet is lightning legs, but being close to him is death, so even if he was weak to it, I don't think it would do me any good.

And now I need to do his entire level again... It's worse than C. Viper's stupid lasers of go fast or die.  At least C. Viper herself was easy.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: December 18, 2012, 03:10:20 am »

I fucking hate aura of weapon rebounding.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: December 18, 2012, 10:14:43 am »

After an intense shootout with the green gangsters (don't recall their name), I had finally secured the area, killing only one civillian. I think I'll go across the streSPLAT.

The Loonies.  I loved that game... I think they released it for free a few years back.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: December 18, 2012, 01:27:44 pm »

Not Lobstermen this time. No, this time it was Triscene and Calcinites. Shipping lanes terror mission. We exit the vehicle, gun down a few Tasoths with excessive force, and move into the superstructure. A squad of about three rookies in coveralls and two ensigns in actual armor decide to go up a ladder to the second deck. First guy up, blasted with reaction fire. As is the second, third and fourth. I send reinforcements to this beleagured squad, and try once more, but this time I throw four grenade on the upper deck, from where I think the fire is coming from.
Something dies, and I go up the ladder, with no more reaction fire. My badly injured Lieutenant, who is taking over for my badly wounded, healing-at-base Commander, follows them at a safe distance, to provide what support he can.
Meanwhile, below decks, an Ensign by the name of Andrei is clearing rooms with his Gauss Rifle and a primed grenade in one hand. He survives the mission, and actually does the best out of everyone.
Back to the upper decks. We find another Triscene, and two of my men waste all their ammo trying to kill it. No dice. My Lieutenant moves to get a clear line of fire, and somehow is the ONLY person that is inside the reaction fire line of sight. He dies. I blow the little bastard dinosaur to kingdom come, and take down the last Tasoth below decks.
Epic win, I beat the mission! I only have seven people left, but... Wait, what's this screen?
There's a second part to this mission?
Oh FUCK ME.

To put this into perspective, I have seven out of fourteen soldiers left. They all have grenades, and there's two medi-kits and three stun-rods. But I've only got four rifles with ammo. I move forward, cautiously. Spot and kill a Aquatoid. Spot a Calcinite and two Tasoths. I order the retreat as the psychic attacks begin, trying to panic my men.
We escape.
Humans: 7 wins
Aliens: 3 wins
Bastards.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: December 18, 2012, 01:42:58 pm »

Bob facefeces got murdered by the undead wizard shitstorm the pissy weathers before he could animate any bodies to help him to fight.

R.I.P. Bob Facefeces, i hope i will never have to fight your zombie.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: December 18, 2012, 02:45:10 pm »

Whacked a Rosie with the wrench.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: December 18, 2012, 05:07:21 pm »

Exploring a magma cave, making a plan to get at some overhanging diamonds without ruining the precious magma (I desperately need the power for my magmatic and geothermal engines, since I haven't industrialized the Nether yet).

I swear the cave generation intentionally makes murder-holes for monsters to drop down.  Down comes a creeper right on top of me!  Too close, I punch it and turn to run -

Yeah there was a second one right behind me, some fuckin how.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: December 18, 2012, 05:29:30 pm »

All right, just got Stalker working. Let's go...this way! Huh? What's that in the water? It looks like a boat! Let's walk towards it! Hey, what's that beeping?
Ow! Ow! Radiation!

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #7660 on: December 18, 2012, 06:13:20 pm »

Exploring a magma cave, making a plan to get at some overhanging diamonds without ruining the precious magma (I desperately need the power for my magmatic and geothermal engines, since I haven't industrialized the Nether yet).

I swear the cave generation intentionally makes murder-holes for monsters to drop down.  Down comes a creeper right on top of me!  Too close, I punch it and turn to run -

Yeah there was a second one right behind me, some fuckin how.

M-m-m-my- t-t-that's a nice diamondddd.... s-s-shame if something were to happen to it... :D
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: December 18, 2012, 06:16:42 pm »

I actually kinda like that addition to the ai.  It makes hardcore mode that much cooler and it possible to die.

I remember the first time I saw a skeleton look at me from above, and walk away.  Sharted myself.  Its like that x10, but now with falling creepers!  I had one spawn in a tree I was chopping down and almost blow me to kingdom come!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: December 18, 2012, 06:38:15 pm »

And then you get a quantum suit and sit inside a darkened obsidian room letting the creepers spawn and blow up on you, as it is an easier way to kill the rest of the enemies that spawn around you.
*Hugs*

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: December 18, 2012, 10:46:58 pm »

Got flung off the top of Malus on time-attack and got lightning-blasted into oblivion.  Particularly annoying since I had only one more stab to go and I would have beaten it and had all colossi beaten on normal time-attack.

Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: December 19, 2012, 12:18:04 am »

Farming drakes for dragon scales.  Fighting one on a thin bridge, a terrible place to fight the things, but either its on a bridge or 3 at a time.  I got in really close to one, basically right on one of it's wings, trying to stay out of harms way while hitting it.  It quickly turned, but I'm stuck in some kind of clipping bug on it's wing.  I keep moving with it.  It decides to lift up into the air to preform it's fly around and make hard to block lightning fall from the sky move.

For ever so brief a moment I was a dragonrider.  Then the clipping decided to let me go a moment after the drake was in the air and I spent the rest of my life as a skydiver.

I hate those damn drakes.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1575