Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374886 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7530 on: December 03, 2012, 10:08:35 am »

Dodged a kobold attack and landed on top of a tree in the caverns. Now I'm stuck here until I starve. I hate this fucking bug.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alt+direction? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: December 03, 2012, 11:58:00 am »

Dodged a kobold attack and landed on top of a tree in the caverns. Now I'm stuck here until I starve. I hate this fucking bug.

Alt+direction? ???
Won't help. Make your adventurer's species a [FLIER] and gently swoop down.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: December 03, 2012, 04:33:17 pm »

A grenade propelled me off of the Bespin platforms, which typically spells death within several seconds.

What I did not expect was slamming in to the windshield of an X-wing, instantly destroying it. That explosion blasted me back up to the platforms, where I died of I've-been-in-two-fatal-explosions syndrome.

Christ, X-wings must be really poorly built if somebody falling on one can cause them to blow up. :P

Raptorstorm

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Proficient Metalsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: December 03, 2012, 04:39:21 pm »

Diggles,diggles EVERYWHERE.

Dungeons of Dredmor
Anything that happens, happens. Anthing that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: December 03, 2012, 04:45:55 pm »

So I was digging out a side cavern for my flourishing establishment.

Suddenly, three wolf-monsters, they rushed after a miner and into main cavern and ate all of the seven guys I had there. I didn't even made a single tent yet :I

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: December 03, 2012, 05:27:30 pm »

Christ, X-wings must be really poorly built if somebody falling on one can cause them to blow up. :P
Maybe itisnotlogical's character was just really, really fat.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: December 03, 2012, 06:50:07 pm »

stalkers. just. stalkers.

"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: December 03, 2012, 08:38:10 pm »

Maybe itisnotlogical's character was just really, really fat.

I think the x-wing was rather low on health. Collisions between falling units and vehicles do cause some small amount of damage, however miniscule.

In other news, I tried retrieving the sword with the magnet. However, I wasn't able to retrieve it in time to slay the green dragon sneaking up behind me.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: December 03, 2012, 09:38:30 pm »

They spotted my whole fleet, or so it seemed. The shots rained down, each one striking a critical hit while mine whizzed off into the dark, never to be seen. Eventually they had my last ship pinned down with one hit point left. I finally hit one of their ships, however, before I died, spitting in the eye of the titan that was the enemy.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: December 03, 2012, 09:59:25 pm »

In other news, I tried retrieving the sword with the magnet. However, I wasn't able to retrieve it in time to slay the green dragon sneaking up behind me.

As soon as I saw "retrieving the sword with the magnet" I thought of that game. I got it on a disk of "80 Atari classics" or something like that. A big emulator gallery / manual/article browser. Lots of cool material there. Adventure. Winner of the "Most obscure easter egg" contest for a long time (ever?). You can't keep a programmer in a cage. They are proud, willful creatures and will scheme patiently for a long time for the finest shred of recognition.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: December 04, 2012, 01:17:46 am »

Misclicked with the US Infantry Division's offmap artillery support, shelling my own HQ into oblivion.

Were Rhino.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: December 04, 2012, 01:19:51 am »

Surrounded by goblins, who beat me to near-death. As a last-ditch effort, I drank an unidentified potion. It turned out to be a potion of descent, which created a hole underneath me and allowed me to escape. This would have been perfect if I had had enough health to survive the fall.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: December 04, 2012, 01:52:05 am »

This group of bandits is planning on ambushing a party of neutral folks to make off with their goods. I ask them if I can get in on it, so they say yes. I then immediately double-cross them by telling their targets they're going to be ambushed, but since the bandits don't suspect a thing I plan to go with them to the ambush point.

However, I've got some cash on hand from previous jobs, so I go upgrade my old AK47SU as well as my double-barreled shotgun. Then I go along with the bandits on their hit-job, and I sneak along with them for a bit. When their 'targets' open fire on them, I toss a pair of grenades at their feet and run. Alerted to my treachery, one of them chases after me as I move to get to cover. I pull out my rifle, wait for him to round the corner, pull the trigger and CLICK

As it turns out, upgrading your weapons also unloads them. This left me staring down an angry man with an assault rifle while both my guns were completely empty.

I go for my knife, and he shoots me in the face.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:53:39 am by Xotes »
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: December 04, 2012, 08:48:00 am »

I left a three-tile-wide tunnel in to the heart of my fortress for trade wagons. It did not take long for a necromancer to show up. Did I mention that I completely forgot to build a military up till now?

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: December 04, 2012, 10:15:53 am »

A series of bad encounters involving Sigmund, an undead mummy princely spellcaster, and an ogre mage who just sent me to the abyss.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 1575