Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375023 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7500 on: November 30, 2012, 08:32:41 pm »

I think the problems might be on greatorder's end. Two play-throughs so far and the worst bug I've seen is the camera glitch on the larger UFOs, which is merely annoying instead of negatively impacting gameplay.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: November 30, 2012, 08:34:17 pm »

I remember my first catastrophic clusterfuck.

I had recently learned how to flank effectively with a smart use of snipers and assaults. Then two roaming packs of sectoid wandered in so that's like six sectoids trying to kill me. No worries, only one of them is flanking me and the sniper can kill him. It still salvageable.

Then floaters jumped on top of me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Damn, trying classic with Ironman to start with as a newbie is tough. My pride won't let me play it at normal.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: November 30, 2012, 09:37:03 pm »

I think the problems might be on greatorder's end. Two play-throughs so far and the worst bug I've seen is the camera glitch on the larger UFOs, which is merely annoying instead of negatively impacting gameplay.
You should also consider playstyles. Different playstyles will very likely reveal different bugs from one another.

But yeah, I haven't seen many bugs. About the three worst I've seen are the game freezing up due to my out of LOS mind controlled grenade trolling, three floaters flying through the goddamn roof or wall, and Heavies after a certain rank suddenly losing the ability to take cover at all randomly in missions.

The first two I've only seen once, while the third isn't too crippling because by that point in the game you should be creaming everyone anyway.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: December 01, 2012, 12:09:18 am »

I.like to.complain.about the funky cover in the swamps/large alien structures where the cover is seemingly missing at several points and for certain directions.

In.ther news, I dodged a fireball. . . off the bridge into.delicious magma.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: December 01, 2012, 12:33:06 am »

I fought an 'Asian vampire', who turned out to be handier with a katana than I was with a pistol. Serves me right, trying to use guns against supernaturals.  ::)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: December 01, 2012, 01:37:58 am »

Urist the adventurer (as seen in the ownage thread) died on level 9. Goddamn invincible boss-level aethernauts <_<;

GODDAMN REBEL FLAGSHIP!!! Full engines, three shields, two Burst Laser Mk IIs, and a Defense Drone Mk II in the Federation artillery ship. Flagship goes "lolnope".

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: December 01, 2012, 02:07:37 am »

GODDAMN REBEL FLAGSHIP!!! Full engines, three shields, two Burst Laser Mk IIs, and a Defense Drone Mk II in the Federation artillery ship. Flagship goes "lolnope".
I think you might need to rely on a little bit more than 2 MkIIs and a cruiser artil beam to get past the flagship. For one, the beam only does 1 damage per system and you cannot aim it. In addition, the MkIIs will only, at best, get 2 damage through a time. That's assuming that at least 4 hit before the next two. Not an ideal setup in my opinion.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7507 on: December 01, 2012, 02:15:44 am »

I have previously beaten the rebel flagship with just ONE MkII and the artillery beam.
Of course, that time I had a teleporter to help out, but still...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: December 01, 2012, 02:44:28 am »

You also had an additional layer of shields, which makes you far more durable.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7509 on: December 01, 2012, 02:47:43 am »

I went for more engines instead of more shields for my last two power bars. I figured having better evasion (51% at the end!) would be better for long-term survival.

Stupid rebel flagship. Time to stay away from FTL for another month...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: December 01, 2012, 02:53:40 am »

In my opinion, the later stages of engines aren't worth it if you have other choices.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #7511 on: December 01, 2012, 07:55:03 am »

Lah-dee-dah, just disarming mines for XP and picking them up to sell.

Wait, there's a sniper in the building ahead shooting at me. I'll use l33t pro MLG dodging skills as i move up and deal with these mines on the way.

Suddenly explosion. Bastard intentionally shot at a car nearby, and between the cars being nuclear-powered and the resulting explosion that also detonated a couple of nearby mines i hadn't gotten to yet, suffice it to say my various limbs filed for divorce from my torso as they all sailed majestically through the air in a graceful appendage ballet, the blood-filled visage akin to someone eating lots of Taco Bell, pointing their ass in the air and just letting loose.

I loaded up the save i took just before i started getting to the mines, knew to expect the guy to shoot the cars as i got close, made my way up and engaged in some shotgun diplomacy. With extra shotgun.

Fallout 3. Was doing the Minefield thing for Moira. Been a while since i last played, so i clean forgot about the sniper up there.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: December 01, 2012, 08:59:03 am »

I have killed the honorless Chuzobo, who tried to kill my grandfather, and then I fulfilled revenge on Yoshiyaki and his son Enjun, two mighty warriors, who killed my grandfather and later, my father after several assasination attempts.

The last to go was supposed to be Soho, who tried to kill both my father and grandfather (and failed) but he was choosen as my Lord and I couldn't just waltz to his home like this. For safety, I've married my daughter Tamano to the house of family which wasn't involved in this whole circle of revenge and plotting, and then I, under cover of the night, snuck into the palace of my Lord.

I've crossed the first floor without raising an alarm, four spear wielders dead in the corners. On the second floor, I've slain a great number of the guards who at last noticed my presence. Then, the third floor came and after slaying zounds of guards, I've scoured the rooms - Soho wasn't there!

It was then when it struck me that he must've been sleeping on the first floor all the time. I've descended and in a tight corridor, a group of spearwielders managed to wound me. With said wound, after slaying all who dared to oppose me, I've stood before my Lord in one of the corner rooms; he was ready for the fight.

The almost ten-minute duel was a flurry of miraculous parries; when one blade was striking at the opponent, the other blade met to stop the blow. This carried until we were even in wounds - 3 cuts on both me and Lord Soho. Revenge was at hand.

Then, by unfortunate keypress, I've made left-side swing, far from the opponent, instead of right-side strike. Of course, he didn't waste the occassion, and with one quick slash from above, my head fell down, detached from my body.

And so ended the tale of my family. But it was a glorious one.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: December 01, 2012, 01:03:22 pm »

Trying to duck under a laser-tripped mine on a bridge linking two modules of a oil rig/evil science lab. Suddenly the wind rocks me over the edge, and I fall into the icy waters below.

Before that, I failed to notice one of the beams right in front of me. The mine exploded in my face.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: December 01, 2012, 01:56:58 pm »

I shattered my skull and tore my brain.
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 1575