Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374906 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7485 on: November 28, 2012, 01:50:25 am »

Giant beakless turkey in a shell that shot webs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: November 28, 2012, 02:28:24 am »

A UFO lands somewhere in North America. "Oh, I should be fine, it's probably just sectoids or something stupid like that."

It was mutons.

I had eight guys with laser rifles and alien grenades.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7487 on: November 28, 2012, 02:14:59 pm »

While I was fighting an ambush of Supermutant Hammerers, I was ambush ambushed by Supermutant Gunners.

With guns.

My dudes were lucky if they were armored with leather and armed with masterful scrap crossbows, or as I like to call them "Wooden Hammers".

Surprisingly, despite losing 70% of the population, we pulled through with the help of robots. Now we're going to seal the main entrance and try to rebuild. We aren't going to allow traitorous wastelanders in to trade, though.

Deon's Post-Apocalypse mod.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: November 28, 2012, 02:26:07 pm »

Responding to an Alien abduction at a gas station.

I try to flank up the side of the building to get into some decent cover that won't explode on me.

As I'm just about in position, a group of floaters patrols by and spots us. One goes inside, while the other two scatter.

I position troops around the side door and prepare an ambush.

We open the door, triggering another group of Floaters. A well-placed grenade and a hail of gunfire and all but one of the aliens inside is dead.

Then things go very, very wrong.

First, a group of Mutons shows up. They don't do anything this turn, but they do cut off my flanking options on one side.

Then, two Floaters come down off the roof and get point-blank shots on my soldiers. One rookie and an Assault are down. Both are bleeding, but not dead. Unfortunately, they're in just about the worst possible spot to try and save them.

I take out the floaters, but with two out of five troops down it's not looking good. Especially as my other assault is out of ammo, by Support is low, and the last rookie at about half.

The mutons snipe my rookie out from behind high cover, killing him instantly. The floater then moves up next to my Assault and takes him out.

Down to just my Support, on the wrong side of the building from the Skyranger. I start making my way around the other side, but a Muton rounds the corner and blasts him before he can get out of line of sight.

End of mission.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: November 29, 2012, 03:12:50 am »

While exploring the plains around the city of Woodhearth, I came across to a catacomb. There were no hostile creature at all. Nope, nada, no goblins, no rats, no nightblades, no thieves, mages, etc.
So it was easy for me to walk around and loot the golds. Until I found a locked door. And then the horrible wailing came.
After shamelessly savescumming, I bashed the door down with my longsword of strength, and a pair of red eyes met mine.

OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHADOW-THINGY OH FUCK IT COULD TELEPORT GRAGHSAFAWSFJ

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: November 29, 2012, 03:33:06 am »

I'm the last one alive, with low health, on a cargo ship in dry-dock. My hunter is practically invisible, but with a shotgun I at least have a chance of killing it before it can kill me. I stand silently in a corner, watching and listening. The unseen pursuer taunts me, but I don't lose focus.

Then hear a scrape to my right and turn...only catch a glimpse of the crate hurtling towards my face. Voice chat explodes.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: November 29, 2012, 12:52:11 pm »

Just for clarification. I estimate with a certainity of 85% that he's playing X-com  (the new one, since I can't remember the spelling)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: November 29, 2012, 01:22:27 pm »

Just for clarification. I estimate with a certainity of 85% that he's playing X-com  (the new one, since I can't remember the spelling)
"XCOM Enemy Unknown" based on the name of the shortcut generated by Steam.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: November 29, 2012, 01:27:28 pm »

Meteors started viciously destroying the escape shuttle. As I was incapacitated by an electric shock, a large meteor slowly headed towards me. You can probably guess the rest.

Space Station 13.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7494 on: November 29, 2012, 03:11:24 pm »

Meteors started viciously destroying the escape shuttle. As I was incapacitated by an electric shock, a large meteor slowly headed towards me. You can probably guess the rest.

Space Station 13.
You turned into a changeling and killed everyone?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: November 30, 2012, 09:34:27 am »

MOTHERASSFUCKINGPIECEOFFUCKSHITPOOP.

Just killed a stag I was hunting for 12 hours straight, and wanted to go home. Home, altough, was a bit far, so I decided to pay visit a nearby Driik village. I zoomed in on their fields, and stole borrowed with no promise of return a little bit of hemp and broad beans. Then, BECAUSE OF MY IMPOSSIBLE AND UNCOUNTABLY BIG STUPIDITY, I see a driik man charging at me, and realize what I did in a milisecond. I trade hits with him, deciding to try and get away before shit goes down, but when I turn around and try to bail, they catch up with me anyway, because I was carrying 200 lbs of stag meat + standard military viking Finnish vagabond issue equipment. Then, I got gangbanged by the entire fucking village.
I had about 250 turnips stolen from another village, sitting in my cellar, and was just about to start building a sauna.

Then again, maybe I will have time to play other stupid games, like SS13, and enjoy the fuck out of them.

But hey, I travelled almost 700 kilometers altogether, and got skill mastery 50%.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: November 30, 2012, 05:39:27 pm »

This is a soon-to-be death, I was on Dungeon level 10, when I managed to pass a wall of fire. There was a human guarding a chest, and he attacked me. I tried to bull rush him into the fire, but missed. He went into rage-mode, and changed into a Adult white dragon. He used a wind-blast to throw me back 30 feet and right into a wall.

27 HP left, I'm gonna die.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: November 30, 2012, 05:59:52 pm »

Decided to do a little deathclaw hunting down by Quarry Junction, feeling a little cocky with my anti-material rifle and all its sweet ammo. Having fun just watching deathclaws go bye bye through my scope when the alpha male shows its head so I swap to the explosive rounds. Surely a round that can either seriously harm, or kill yourself if fired at close range should be enough to take this monster down with a sneak critical head shot. OH GOD IT JUST PISSED IT OFF! Fallout: New Vegas.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:02:23 pm by Dirg »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: November 30, 2012, 06:14:34 pm »

Jumped out of a window to avoid capture by the police.

GTA IV

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: November 30, 2012, 08:25:24 pm »

Weird... I haven't encountered any bugs yet, but now I'm worried ):  I'm on my second attempt, normal ironman, and I'm currently finally upgrading my interceptors in order to
So far so good...  I don't even know what happens if I fail a plot mission in ironman.  I have been very very careful!  I nearly lost a few months back just due to horrible snafus of normal missions.

My first attempt fits the theme of the thread:  At a friends urging, I launched the game in nightmare mode.  The intro mission was like one of those RPG first-area battles where you cannot win.  I took down two aliens and felt proud, but the XCOM project was not approved.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 1575