Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374723 times)

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7410 on: November 17, 2012, 11:12:41 pm »

Headshot, swarm missile, headshot, burned from within, headshot, headshot, railgun headshot, etc.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Malachi Coates, janitor extraordinare and foul-mouthed bastard cleans the NSS Exodus' hallways from blood and assortment of other filth, as he becomes aware of a botanist dragging a closet full of meat. The botanist proceeds to toss meat and grapes all around the station, gets arrested by sec shortly after with Malachi following and yelling at the idiot to clean his mess. Not soon after capitain orders him to clean up the station, the blue-aproned menace returns to mock him. Cursing profusely, Malachi and his newly appointed assistant clean the station's hallways. Having had enough, he calls it a day. Bam, transfer shuttle, as by a wish. Little stroll towards the escape arm- OHMYGODALLTHATMEATGODDAMNBOTANISTIMGONNAKILLYOU- *SINGULARITY HAS ESCAPED CONTAINMENT*- Comms telling the singularity heading through medbay immediately tells Malachi that it comes towards escape arm, he makes a spirited effort at reaching any other part of the station- OHNOTHEWALLSAREPEELINGAWAYNONONOO *splut*

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: November 18, 2012, 06:10:02 am »

Smashing British people with their own cars is all fun and games until you underestimate the police.

Destroy All Humans 2.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: November 18, 2012, 01:39:15 pm »

Less of a death, but I threw my descriptive book containing my ENTIRE HOMEBASE within into a fire entirely by accident. Rage deletes were executed.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: November 18, 2012, 01:47:54 pm »

Less of a death, but I threw my descriptive book containing my ENTIRE HOMEBASE within into a fire entirely by accident. Rage deletes were executed.

If you like a world, always have a back-up link book to it.  ;)

(Also: if you remember what number the age was, you may be able to cheat your way back into the world. I'm pretty sure Mystcraft worlds aren't deleted when all links are severed, and I vaguely remember reading about a console command to travel to a numbered age...)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: November 18, 2012, 01:49:26 pm »

If you like a world, always have a back-up link book to it.  ;)

(Also: if you remember what number the age was, you may be able to cheat your way back into the world. I'm pretty sure Mystcraft worlds aren't deleted when all links are severed, and I vaguely remember reading about a console command to travel to a numbered age...)

1.2.5. Secondly, I am still reorienting myself with Minecraft. Been a long time since the last time I played. I really should've kept a linkbook with me.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: November 18, 2012, 02:00:50 pm »

Draugr Death Lord.

Whoa.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: November 18, 2012, 02:15:21 pm »

Oh god that Disarm shout.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: November 18, 2012, 02:17:55 pm »

Oh god that Disarm shout.
Thank god for bound weapons.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7418 on: November 18, 2012, 02:36:11 pm »

Thank god for punching.

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take my fists from me.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: November 18, 2012, 02:37:58 pm »

PUNCHCAT FTW.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: November 18, 2012, 02:38:59 pm »

Thank being a mage with a follower to absorb melee blows.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: November 18, 2012, 04:41:14 pm »

I thought I was ready to take on Dagoth Ur at level 18 with a few dozen miscellaneous potions and enchantments. I got hit three times and died, even with every single enchanted item in my inventory active.

I still eventually beat Dagoth Ur, on somewhere around the fifth try. Notable moments include having to duck back in the other room and sleep for 40 hours to recover my HP mid-battle.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7422 on: November 18, 2012, 04:50:07 pm »

Killed by a Giant Bat while praying.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: November 18, 2012, 05:02:45 pm »

I thought I was ready to take on Dagoth Ur at level 18 with a few dozen miscellaneous potions and enchantments. I got hit three times and died, even with every single enchanted item in my inventory active.

I still eventually beat Dagoth Ur, on somewhere around the fifth try. Notable moments include having to duck back in the other room and sleep for 40 hours to recover my HP mid-battle.

"Hey, bud? I'm getting a little tired. Mind if I step outside and sleep for a couple of days?"

"Sure thing, I've got nothing better to do. Let me know when you're back, and we can finish this fight."

...actually, I'm embarrassed to admit, this is how my much-younger self beat the final boss of Neverwinter Night's first chapter. My companion had died, I'd suffered lots of stat penalties from disease, I hadn't saved recently, and I didn't know if there was a route back to town to revive my buddy and cure stat penalties. So, I'd open the door to the boss room, hit the boss a couple of times, then hit the boss with Knockdown (disabling him for one round), shut the door, exit combat, and enter stealth mode. With no enemies in LOS, stealth succeeded automatically with no check, so the boss 'lost sight' of me and I was free to backtrack a bit and rest. Rinse/repeat for a half hour, before the boss finally keeled over. I never moved more than 3 steps into the room.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: November 18, 2012, 06:53:00 pm »

"Hey, bud? I'm getting a little tired. Mind if I step outside and sleep for a couple of days?"

"Sure thing, I've got nothing better to do. Let me know when you're back, and we can finish this fight."

...actually, I'm embarrassed to admit, this is how my much-younger self beat the final boss of Neverwinter Night's first chapter. My companion had died, I'd suffered lots of stat penalties from disease, I hadn't saved recently, and I didn't know if there was a route back to town to revive my buddy and cure stat penalties. So, I'd open the door to the boss room, hit the boss a couple of times, then hit the boss with Knockdown (disabling him for one round), shut the door, exit combat, and enter stealth mode. With no enemies in LOS, stealth succeeded automatically with no check, so the boss 'lost sight' of me and I was free to backtrack a bit and rest. Rinse/repeat for a half hour, before the boss finally keeled over. I never moved more than 3 steps into the room.

Part of the way to defeat him involves going in to the center of the room and performing a relatively time-consuming task though. It would have been much easier if I just had to kill Dagoth Ur, because I wouldn't get the penalties from having to turn my back on him.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 1575