Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374345 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7275 on: October 31, 2012, 12:21:21 am »

Semi-related, my Skyrim character died constantly to wild lion-things.  Probably because I specialized in archery and the damn things have a way of appearing from nowhere (literally, until I adjusted the mob draw-distance).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: October 31, 2012, 12:42:01 am »

Alright... let's start in Anvil... step outside... hey a mountain lion why am dying halp

Oblivion with various mods that I can't remember. Maybe I'll look em up.

Mountain lion? that's from a quest iirc, fighter's guild's first quest I think.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: October 31, 2012, 02:10:53 pm »

Kicked a door down with my kicking boots of mithril, got killed within 4 turns by the shopkeeper and his guards that were apparently inside the shop that I had violated.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is there any way to cause gunpowder backpacks to explode without having to use a wand?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:13:42 pm by JimDale »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: October 31, 2012, 02:13:51 pm »

Jim similar thing happened to me, i had a mistress of Nefas as my companion.

Kicked the door down, you trigger a large explosion. Your arm is torn off.

Your wand of lightning explodes and releases its stored energy. You die.
Your amulet of life saving brings you back to life!

Your wand of door creation explodes and releases its stored energy!

Trapped forever in a room made up solely of doors D:

The door resists. x 994

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: October 31, 2012, 02:16:23 pm »

Jim similar thing happened to me, i had a mistress of Nefas as my companion.

Kicked the door down, you trigger a large explosion. Your arm is torn off.

Your wand of lightning explodes and releases its stored energy. You die.
Your amulet of life saving brings you back to life!

Your wand of door creation explodes and releases its stored energy!

Trapped forever in a room made up solely of doors D:

The door resists. x 994
I've never had much trouble kicking doors in (surviving the explosions is a different matter), are the doors from the wands stronger or something?

EDIT:
Wasn't paying attention and kicked Kenny instead of the door. Died as the damn thing tore off my limbs and my throat.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:18:28 pm by JimDale »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: October 31, 2012, 02:33:01 pm »

Stupid reanimated troll stepped on a pressure plate, spewing 'deadly traps' darts at me, leaving me superpoisoned and dead after a minute of guzzling every potion I had.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: October 31, 2012, 02:34:32 pm »

Kicked a door down with my kicking boots of mithril, got killed within 4 turns by the shopkeeper and his guards that were apparently inside the shop that I had violated.

Is there any way to cause gunpowder backpacks to explode without having to use a wand?
a grenade or you use it while wearing a cloak of fire protection +5

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: October 31, 2012, 02:37:11 pm »

So after slaughtering a throng of bandits in this three-story pirate fort, there's only one room I wasn't in, the boss room. But the moment I touch the door to enter...

"BEWM."

Apparently I missed one musketeer who, blending with the corpse-filled corridor (thanks to perspective), snuck behind me and one-shotted me in the back.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: October 31, 2012, 02:38:42 pm »

So after slaughtering a throng of bandits in this three-story pirate fort, there's only one room I wasn't in, the boss room. But the moment I touch the door to enter...

"BEWM."

Apparently I missed one musketeer who, blending with the corpse-filled corridor (thanks to perspective), snuck behind me and one-shotted me in the back.

You sir, just got ninja'd.  Ninja beats samurai?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: October 31, 2012, 02:43:47 pm »

It wasn't a ninja, it was a bandit.

Ninjas in that game are invisible until in close combat, which means that shuriken-throwing ninjas are invisible almost all the time. God help you evade their attacks.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: October 31, 2012, 03:26:42 pm »

Oh dear. I had just gotten one of the mutations I wanted, and now I'm stuck on top of a mountain with just barely good-enough flying skills. My friend was being chased by the cops when he teleported back, and now the portal dissolved. *Grabs yoke* Well, how hard can it be?

*Take off, fly towards west once*

"Explosions rock around you as flak is fired upon you!"

SHIT SHIT SHI-*YEEEEEEEOOOO-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: November 02, 2012, 12:09:15 pm »

Goddamned repair droids. Bastards can repair bunkers, even while they're inside of it. Worse, their repair ability stacks with other droids. Even with one droid, a bunker on Dathomir managed to withstand an attack from two gunships, an AT-TE, and even a goddamned Jedi, and even a goddamned bombing run, all at the same time. I eventually managed to destroy it by adding an orbital bombardment to the mix, hitting at the same moment an airstrike did. Hell, even if you catch the droids in space, their transports are mysteriously indestructable. And although Auto-battle can kill them, I once lost half my fleet against a force consisting of nothing but troop transports somehow.

Then I moved to Mygeeto, and after an hour or so of repeated attempts, during which I had to deal with respawning AATs(which cut down gunships pretty damn easily), and about 30 artillery tanks(which can cut down anything but gunships pretty damn easily). Eventually managed to pull it off by sneaking gunships around to hit scattered artillery, and then bombarded their base with my own guns after taking out their power generator with an orbital strike. Following this, I had to take out several more bunkers with repair droids. Artillery really helped here. Then the game decides to send me a gleaming "Fuck you" by simply deleting my army and rendering Mygeeto to neutral control. (A glitch, I later found out after taking Hypori with just Shak-ti, to be mostly caused by, infuriatingly enough, repair droids still being on the planet as they don't count towards victory conditions.)

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: November 03, 2012, 08:49:50 am »

I was waiting for a enemy to pop out behind a wall in the ruined fort, but then a machinegunnner jumped through a window and killed me instantly.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: November 03, 2012, 10:01:53 am »

Had six squads of traitor empire soldiers backed up by three khorne warrior squads along with a mounted general. They were to prove their worthiness in the eyes of Khorne by slaughtering a band of 2000 nightgoblins, a little more then twice my numbers but something that is quite doable as goblins are weak, cowardly fools...

Except when they're on a huge hill and have lots of archers and squigs.

Khorne was disappoint.

Medieval 2:  Total war with Call of Warhammer mod.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: November 03, 2012, 11:39:29 am »

Shot in the face repeatedly with an anti-aircraft gun.

Trapped in the back room of a sporting goods store, wolves out the back door, wolves in the store. I rest a few hours in the store, and they're still out there. Managed to kill the wolves in the store, but that attracted zombies. Then I tried to run out the back door, where the rest of the wolves were waiting.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 1575