Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373938 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7170 on: October 20, 2012, 06:10:34 pm »

Arrr, 'twas plunderin tha enemy's stronghold an killin them at will, when one o' the cowards ran fer his mystic hidey-hole. I turned meself about when tha chase was lost, but it seems me heels be touchin' the platform after all, an it struck me down in an instant with mystic fire.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7171 on: October 21, 2012, 02:30:06 am »

Several deaths, from different games. All from games I just started playing today :P

-------------------------------

Got a quest to enter a neighbor's basement and kill these slime-like things. I'm thinking "No problem, it's only a level 1 quest (I assume) and I have a little girl by my side!"
Slime-like things. EVERYWHERE. Sure, most die in just a hit or two, but the two of us are getting swarmed from every side - even from areas we already cleared. Thankfully, my companion is pulling her weight, and I begin pushing forward down a long, narrow hallway, slaying creatures as I go. I get so caught up in the moment that I failed to realize just how close I was getting to death up until I actually died. Death message: "Ohgodwhat"

Newly spawned character enters a cave with pretty much nothing. First thing I find? A two-handed sword. I think to myself "Sweet, that should come in handy!".
I do battle with a couple of carnivorous plants, nothing major. Then I fight a kobold, who chops my right arm off. I punch him to death and then equip a balsa spear I found. A short time later I lose my other arm by getting stabbed by a large porcupine.
So now I'm traveling through the very first dungeon of the game (so far as I know) and I'm already armless. Thankfully, my character apparently has biceps of slade, as he begins to OHK everything he meets by kicking them (I blame the pair of bronze boots he found). Things begin going fine, and I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'll find a way to regrow my missing limbs...and that's when I lose a leg by trying to escape a spider web. Now I have to resort to biting everything, which leads to some interesting moments when I tore a jackal's throat out with my teeth. My character eventually just kinda keeled over, presumably from all the spider venom and bleeding wounds he was suffering.

Started out very well: maglight, a fully-automatic Glock, and two extra, fully-loaded magazines. I'm shooting sentry turrets and flying tasers left and right, and I even managed to find two audio tapes, but then I make a misstep and plummet five stories to my death.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7172 on: October 21, 2012, 02:48:01 am »

Newly spawned character enters a cave with pretty much nothing. First thing I find? A two-handed sword. I think to myself "Sweet, that should come in handy!".
I do battle with a couple of carnivorous plants, nothing major. Then I fight a kobold, who chops my right arm off. I punch him to death and then equip a balsa spear I found. A short time later I lose my other arm by getting stabbed by a large porcupine.
So now I'm traveling through the very first dungeon of the game (so far as I know) and I'm already armless. Thankfully, my character apparently has biceps of slade, as he begins to OHK everything he meets by kicking them (I blame the pair of bronze boots he found). Things begin going fine, and I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'll find a way to regrow my missing limbs...and that's when I lose a leg by trying to escape a spider web. Now I have to resort to biting everything, which leads to some interesting moments when I tore a jackal's throat out with my teeth. My character eventually just kinda keeled over, presumably from all the spider venom and bleeding wounds he was suffering.

In IVAN, just pick up your limbs. Go guess the rest.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7173 on: October 21, 2012, 02:58:23 am »

Um...necromancy? Sewing them back on? Just stuffing them back into the sockets?

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7174 on: October 21, 2012, 02:58:57 am »

You should be able to put them back into the sockets. :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7175 on: October 21, 2012, 03:00:06 am »

...Huh. This game just got even weirder.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7176 on: October 21, 2012, 03:03:02 am »

...Huh. This game just got even weirder.
Though it seems it does not work, if you got no arms it says you need 1 (paradox?). And if you got 1 arm it does not work :/

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7177 on: October 21, 2012, 04:39:30 am »

*sigh*

You need to find the glue.

I was a powerful character. I have slain Jenny. I have traversed those cursed caves of gloom. I have a full suit of armor and a deathly looking spear along with a freed slave. I am a lawful character.

I am hungry. I am out of food. I am miles away from any viable source of food.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7178 on: October 21, 2012, 05:08:34 am »

I think I had a pretty good run going, at least for my second character :/

Copper helmet. Steel boots. Leather gloves. Belt of Carrying. Ring of fire resistance, ring of Searching. Cloak of electricity resistance. Hard leather armor. Amulet of ESP. Meteoric iron two-handed sword with 8 ranks in large swords and 9 ranks with this sword in particular. Lots of food and scrolls. And then I just had to pick a fight with some giant mobile plant that I saw in a closed room via ESP. Got one arm critically wounded in the first attack, ran away. Several more carnivorous plants sprouted while my arm was still wounded, completely surrounding me. Since I couldn't use my sword, all I could do was punch futilely as they first ripped off one arm, then critically wounded and destroyed my torso.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7179 on: October 21, 2012, 05:27:44 am »

Crusaded for Jerusalem, got the highest war effort after a single battle. Fatimids invaded for Jerusalem, where I had given my heir and his heir some land, so I could give it out later after I had converted it to Catholicism. They took the ducal tites, but not most of the county ones, so they were still there. Fatimids converted them to Islam. Cue Islamic Ireland. I'm guessing that decadence is calculated each month for every dynasty no matter if they have any people of a religion that actually uses the mechanic, so I had 100 decadence and Hashishins killed everyone. Them and Scotland.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7180 on: October 21, 2012, 05:46:27 am »

Incoming meteor swarms...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7181 on: October 21, 2012, 08:48:00 am »

Did not manage to escape a run-of-the-mill random encounter. They killed me swiftly in the second turn.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7182 on: October 21, 2012, 10:07:05 am »

I had made it through the Underwater Tunnel, and had been sent to the Cave of Gloom to clear it out. I was going through a room, looking for stuff when BOOM! I stepped on a mine.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: October 21, 2012, 10:11:33 am »

Trying to knife someone that has a machinegun is a bad idea.

"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7184 on: October 21, 2012, 01:59:09 pm »

Checkpoint while I'm in the sights of two Nazi soldiers on the second-hardest difficulty. Ended quickly.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 1575