Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373412 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #7035 on: October 10, 2012, 07:00:02 pm »

Brutes.
Fucking.
Brutes.
With.
Flamethrowers.

(Saints Row the Third)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: October 10, 2012, 07:36:48 pm »

Brutes.
Fucking.
Brutes.
With.
Flamethrowers.

(Saints Row the Third)
That reminds me of a time in the very beginning of the game where I managed to beat multiple Luchadores and Brutes to death with nothing but a baseball bat and the pistol. I got about 5-stars notoriety then sprinted off into the night

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: October 10, 2012, 07:57:56 pm »

Convoy was gunned down by massed infantry en route to the OPFOR base. We got cocky because we had basically been steamrolling everything up until that point. They caught us in a valley and basically just shot us to hell with rifles and RPGs as we tried to abandon the HMMVs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: October 10, 2012, 08:37:59 pm »

Fucking Lingering Sentiment. Enough Said.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: October 10, 2012, 08:41:08 pm »

Brutes.
Fucking.
Brutes.
With.
Flamethrowers.

(Saints Row the Third)
That reminds me of a time in the very beginning of the game where I managed to beat multiple Luchadores and Brutes to death with nothing but a baseball bat and the pistol. I got about 5-stars notoriety then sprinted off into the night
I can handle one brute just fine, but if they're more I'd have to call Oleg, especially if they have flamethrowers.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: October 10, 2012, 09:04:45 pm »

Is it bad that I read that as 'Fucking Lingerie Sediment'?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: October 10, 2012, 09:05:50 pm »

Is it bad that I read that as 'Fucking Lingerie Sediment'?

I don't even...
Rock formation wearing a bra that looks like its... Boning something? What.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: October 11, 2012, 02:27:46 am »

Tokyo Jungle and Retro City Rampage, both games that I want. Damn, I gotta get me a proper internet connection. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: October 11, 2012, 10:57:13 am »

After an unfortunate battle where I lost my best Sniper and a promising Heavy, my main group is a bit weakened. But Grey Squad is still the best I have, so I send them into battle with a rookie and a squaddie sniper.

It's an abduction Mission, and seems to be at some sort of light rail station of some sort.

All is quiet, so we start moving up. I notice one problem right away - no good spot to really snipe from. My Sniper isn't that great as it is, since he has no special abilities, and without a good spot to cover everyone with I'm worried he'll be pretty useless.

We forge ahead, though and find some Floaters hiding in the Train and another group in the planters right outside.

Those are gunned down pretty quickly, but the rookie gets blasted and panics. Fortunately, he just finds some cover and we patch him up before any more aliens are found.

We spring another group of Floaters, and my Heavy blasts one to bits. The squad leader, a Lieutenant Support, seriously injures the other and it retreats over the train. But not before knocking the poor rookie down to critical. We patched him up, but he was out of the fight.

We follow cautiously. But we were not prepared for what we would face next.

Mutons.

God Damned Mutons, and we don't even have Laser Rifles produced yet.

My assault picks off the injured Floater while everyone else moves into position.

The useless sniper was the first casualty. I don't think he ever even fired a shot. He just got greeted by a plasma bolt to the face and fell down dead.

The Heavy used her Rocket to seriously injure of of them and everyone else opened fire on it.

Nothing. My Assault pinged it with a pistol shot, but it barely even noticed. The Heavy got smacked next, and panicked. Then the assault got knocked critical. But we were out of med-kits at that point, so there wasn't anything we could do for him.

I had the Heavy Suppress the uninjured Muton while my Support took a shot at the injured one. A miss, of course.

The Heavy was then taken down by another shot. Do these guys ever miss??

At this point I'm cutting my losses and running. But it's too late. The mutons follow and my Support takes two shots, one a critical, and falls just a sprint away from the extraction zone.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: October 11, 2012, 11:07:57 am »

We were losing, and the red team had our bag(actually a briefcase). I didn't have time to grab my preferred shotgun, so I sprinted up the nearest stairs armed with just a pistol. I ran to a window and caught a glimpse of the enemy carrying our bag, just about to turn a corner and disappear on his way back to their base.
I dived down into the courtyard, a real hot zone filled with shooting, and ran through the crossfire. I managed to shoot the guy repeatedly in the back until he dropped it, darted fowards ready to scoop up my prize... And then fell down and died, my dead, outstretched hands just inches from our precious bag.

Another of them picked it up, they scored, and my valiant sacrifice was for nothing.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: October 11, 2012, 11:39:36 am »

Not a death, but a fail.
I'm riding a flash, and i alt tab out to read B12 for a while. When i come back in, i press forward so i'm already at speed.
Then i mash into a wall and flip over.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: October 11, 2012, 08:45:29 pm »

So many things.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7047 on: October 12, 2012, 12:40:15 am »

A kick to the head, followed by a midair grapple which threw me to the ground and ended the match.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: October 12, 2012, 12:44:18 am »

The hands.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: October 12, 2012, 01:30:12 am »

Overestimated my luck, and attempted to duel redbeard.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 1575