Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372461 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #6555 on: September 01, 2012, 12:49:02 pm »

Starving to death and armed only with a stone sword, I tried to secure the cave I had chosen as my shelter. I came to a new branch in the cavern where two skeletons ambushed me. I fought for my life, emerging the victor by a half-heart margin. I breathed a sigh of relief and allowed myself a moment to relax in the hard-won peace. A zombie fell from a previously unnoticed opening to the outside, killing me instantly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: September 01, 2012, 05:41:38 pm »

I was tanned to death by some kind of eldritch abomination whose name I forget.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: September 01, 2012, 09:37:43 pm »

Was trying the Invasion 1944 mod and was playing with the editor. Tried to take a small hamlet by myself against 2 grenadier squads during the night. Actually bayoneted 2 of them and shot down 3. As I tried to run back to the shadows, I got shot in the leg, fell down, tried to crawl to safety, then got ripped apart by what I think was an mg42.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: September 02, 2012, 01:05:43 am »

Playing as the French. Get attacked on a little peninsula by an army of Danes. I have three mercenary spearmen, two mercenary crossbowmen, and two Frankish knights. And my general.
They have a general, two units of Huscarls (mounted), a unit of light cavalry, four norse archers, two peasant archers, five (!) Huscarls (dismounted) and three spearmen units.

I absolutely fucked them up before they broke my army. I killed their general and ALL their cavalry. I stomped a mudhole in the archers' asses, but those damnable dismounted huscarls broke me. My general did escape alive though, so the army can be rebuilt. Not bad for an army I raised in about fifteen seconds after realizing I had nowhere to go.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: September 02, 2012, 01:22:25 am »

I was in the process of recruiting people from the internet cafe for my credit card fraud racket. I'd gotten 4 people to join and secured a stable income. I then decided I'd find a prostitute so I could use her to recruit some soldiers for the "business-end" of my squad, and also some lawyers in case I get into trouble. Before I could make any progress with that, I was arrested after assaulting a CEO in the park and sentenced to 10 years for flag burning, assault, racketeering, vandalism, credit card fraud, etc.... Fortunately, another squad member took over the team, and I began taking a much more violent approach to things. We had enough money to gear up the squad and hopefully bust the leader out of jail. Just as preparations were being made, our warehouse compound was assaulted by cops, killing half the squad outright, the others were arrested and executed (due to arch-conservative death penalty laws) except for one guy who got 20 years. Time fast forwarded until 2019 when the leader got out of jail. Most of the laws were now conservative or moderate. Gun laws were arch-con so I bought a shit load of guns and recruited a bunch of hippies. We went out in a blaze of glory assaulting CEO headquarters.

That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: September 02, 2012, 01:40:38 am »

Swimming across the ocean, I was ambushed by a sea monster and was killinated.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: September 02, 2012, 01:49:37 am »

Pulverized by a Japanese warship.

1943 on the NES.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:53:12 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: September 02, 2012, 01:58:18 am »

Heatseeking missile to da face.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: September 02, 2012, 06:59:59 am »

I messed up my decouplers' staging, and detatched all of the boosters instead of just the spent ones. They then flew up the sides and blew the rocket to pieces. The command pod was intact, but the parachute and landing rockets had been destroyed. There were no survivors.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: September 02, 2012, 07:07:09 am »

How the fuck is it possible that we get mauled every time when playing with a bunch of friends, but when playing with a bunch of pubs we just breeze trough it? (except for the very last part)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: September 02, 2012, 07:12:22 am »

Location: B10F. Boss battle: Cernunnos. Started off looking good, I had a good party setup and plenty of ways to hit his weakness. But then I used Allslash in the second turn, and it killed both of his buffbots outright. Oops.

Cue Cernunnos raging all over the place with Whirlwind and Death Stare while I couldn't melt the massive mountain of his hitpoints in time.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: September 02, 2012, 03:53:37 pm »

I thought I was bad at fighting games until I found this:

Onslaught is infamous for being one of the most difficult bosses in fighting games, and is considered to be the hardest boss in the series. His attacks deal a high amount of damage, and some are nearly unavoidable

Oh thank goodness. Out of the roughly twenty attempts I've made against him, I've won four times.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: September 02, 2012, 07:39:42 pm »

Getting absolutely annihilated by a greater demon (Hezrou) and his stupid servants.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: September 02, 2012, 08:10:50 pm »

Location: B10F. Boss battle: Cernunnos. Started off looking good, I had a good party setup and plenty of ways to hit his weakness. But then I used Allslash in the second turn, and it killed both of his buffbots outright. Oops.

Cue Cernunnos raging all over the place with Whirlwind and Death Stare while I couldn't melt the massive mountain of his hitpoints in time.

Oh my favorite DS games

Anyways was playing as the Liir vs 4 AI and was taking out one when the other three attack three different part's of my empire and slowly killed me planet by planet because 4v1 is not fun.

"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: September 03, 2012, 05:35:31 pm »

CAN'T RUN!

DON'T LOOK OR IT TAKES YOU!

NO ESCAPE!

Everybody!
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 1575