Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372171 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #6510 on: August 26, 2012, 11:55:27 am »

Kitty laser eyes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: August 26, 2012, 12:04:43 pm »

Kitty laser eyes.

I think I know exactly the thing you're talking about.
It is the most beautiful thing in HF2 entirely.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: August 26, 2012, 12:12:06 pm »

Kitty laser eyes.

I think I know exactly the thing you're talking about.
It is the most beautiful thing in HF2 entirely.
Achievement_all v4
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: August 26, 2012, 01:17:47 pm »

Visas Marr's lightsaber...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: August 26, 2012, 01:29:20 pm »

Was not looking were I was going and took a arrow to the face and fell of the world.

"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: August 26, 2012, 01:30:27 pm »

I was wandering in Riffle Army Base and found some body armor that could disguise me. I forgot to put it on and tried to raid the armory. I suceeded and soldiers surrounded me. I taunted one and got shot in the face 3 times, which literally made my head explode.

Damnit.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: August 27, 2012, 07:14:10 am »

I was helping a noob out by offering simple counters and things for him to try and break, when he suddenly kicks and knocks off my head as well as the arm he was gripping onto.

Hah thanks for sharing this, I did not know about that game. 'tis a good time waster. Spent like an hour trying to get a front flip kick (silly I know) to work, almost got it now, I am only just missing uke's head now. (jumps too far back when doing it.)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6517 on: August 28, 2012, 12:58:30 am »

Trying to melee a dragon with the Deadly Dragons mod on is stupid and said dragon will probably kill you in 2 bites.

Skyrim.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6518 on: August 28, 2012, 06:10:02 pm »

Fun fact: I passed by this thread twice because of flu-like symptoms. Anyways...

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:12:44 pm by dei »

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: August 28, 2012, 09:33:23 pm »

I'm not dead yet, but death is most likely imminent for my Troll Fighter of Jiyva, who, after becoming the champion of Jiyva on D:7 (found an altar on D:2, which is super super super rare for Jiyva, who most often isn't found until lower lair.) stumbled upon a bit of a bug on D:8.

See, Jiyva rearranges her followers stats. Well, apparently she thought my Troll didn't need intelligence. So I'm fighting the elf twins and then suddenly feel a bit stronger and a bit less... in possession of a brain. ##crawl of course has already had me post a bug report, as lowering int to 0 is definitely something jiyva shouldn't do. So at least I will save others in the future from having yet another literally stupid death.

Of course the fun part is that brainless isn't instant-death in Crawl, it gives you a few dozen turns before it kills you. Using those turns I quaffed some random potions and discovered I am in possession of a stack of 6 potions of brilliance. Which if used with proper timing gives me ~600 turns before death. I'm going to wait a day to see what happens on the bugtracker before I continue though. So I'm not actually dead... yet. Its just very, very unlikely that I'll be able to survive.

Game: Dungeon Crawl:Stone Soup, Trunk version on CSZO.
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #6520 on: August 28, 2012, 09:35:37 pm »

A Tank bitchslapped me off a rooftop.

Left 4 Dead.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: August 28, 2012, 09:45:13 pm »

Clearing out an abandoned military training academy with the rest of my squad, the whole place is deserted save the bodies of the previous owners littering the floor. We enter an impressively large room and the enemy forces in hiding spring out from everywhere. I charge through the ground-floor enemies firing wildly, blast my way into a stairwell and run upwards while gunfire sounds everywhere. I come up top to the second floor, only to find myself facing a good half-a-dozen troops on the opposite side of the balcony I'm on. I turn and go along the pathway to find a whole bunch more on my side, one of whom had an RPG. I promptly ended up taking it on the chin, but amazingly it didn't end me.

The single shot I took from his rifle-wielding comrade a few seconds later, however, did put me down.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: August 28, 2012, 09:51:36 pm »

I was sneaking through a mansion with my suit still on (because epic) and no one seemed to mind. I sneaked out the back and planted a bomb in the field so when my target walks by, I can kill him without needing to fight.

I got caught detonating, and ten billion rednecks with shotguns rained down on me before I could escape. I killed the target however!

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: August 28, 2012, 10:32:22 pm »

Was using the judge as a human shield when I decided to throw her over the railing for being to noisy. She somehow managed to drag Johnny Gatt with her, both of them plumetting to their death. I was shot down before I could revive poor Gatt... Saints Row 2

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #6524 on: August 29, 2012, 05:42:09 am »

Canonical ending of The Sacrifice. That is all.

Left 4 Dead.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 1575