Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370091 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5610 on: May 04, 2012, 09:30:48 am »

*Sniff* Headhumper in vent. Evil.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: May 04, 2012, 10:10:27 am »

*Sniff* Headhumper in vent. Evil.
You think that is evil? By the end of the game, you'll be begging for headcrabs :) .
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: May 04, 2012, 10:46:33 am »

Bomb Frog went off earlier than expected.

We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: May 04, 2012, 10:49:44 am »

Made a completely unarmed and unarmored wrestler, managed to fight off several peasants in a village I was trying to rampage through.  I beat them off using lots of eye gouges, and killed a few using chokeholds. 

Then the tame, stray animals went after me.  The boars led the charge, and there were too many of them for me to grapple without getting hurt.

Essentially, I'd just experienced animal farm.

Dwarf Fortress adv. mode
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: May 04, 2012, 01:14:39 pm »

My personal minotaur bodyguard was tearing trough the armies of my demon colleagues, and half of hell was under my command already, when suddenly the guy upstairs decided to send an archangel and his army down to punish "The Most Wicked One". While I feel honored by such a title, I did not like that particular kind of attention and retreated my whole army back to my stronghold. Even there, the might of "The Harbingers", "The 300", and my elite troop of minotaurs combined could not stop the angelic host.

I can still hear Belial laughing at my untimely banishment.

Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: May 04, 2012, 06:49:59 pm »

My horse derped into a wall and got stuck, so I ended up surrounded by enemy archers who pincushioned me before I could get halfway to them. I should really switch back to a bastard sword; I miss being able to do something with my shield other than wear it on my back.

M&B

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: May 04, 2012, 10:05:04 pm »

My horse derped into a wall and got stuck, so I ended up surrounded by enemy archers who pincushioned me before I could get halfway to them. I should really switch back to a bastard sword; I miss being able to do something with my shield other than wear it on my back.

M&B

If you hit backslash, you can put away your weapon & then take your shield out by itself.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: May 04, 2012, 10:14:10 pm »

M&B

If you hit backslash, you can put away your weapon & then take your shield out by itself.
True, but no true mercenary of dubious nationality would dare disgrace their country/ies of origin with such cowardly behavior. Why, if you don't have a drawn weapon at all times, you might as well be a Swabian!

"What? You mean I've been working for Swabian lords? Uh, yes, your majesty? Say, is that a dra-SURPRISEPUNCHTOTHEFACE!"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: May 05, 2012, 02:12:19 am »

Got trapped as the Bannor (good, in a way warmongers) on a small peninsula by the Hippus (Neutral, warmongers) and Svartalfar (evil). Both hated me more than the other.

No surprise, the Hippus chose to murder me because I didn't spam units to keep them from thinking of murdering me. Not that spamming units would have helped me, considering I could not expand and was outnumbered.

Checking, turns out EVERYONE ELSE got got a sizable amount of land just for themselves. A few even got a whole damn island to themselves. Me, I get a shitty peninsula next to two people who hate me, one of which is a dedicated warmonger. :D

Ah well, the RNG is a cruel bastard sometimes. I should have tried to kill the Hippus much, much earlier in the game.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:21:08 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: May 05, 2012, 02:40:28 am »

Had taken over several castles, and just recruited two of their lords. Then all of the Sarranids attack, we are able to hold them off. Shortly after, the Khergit Khanate attack us in our weakened state. We had gotten along so well, and I'd always helped them out during their battles, but then they betrayed me. This brought my rebellion to a halt, as I lost all of my soldiers, and don't feel like going through all of that again, not for a while at least.

Mount & Blade: Warband

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5620 on: May 05, 2012, 09:01:53 am »

So, i encounter a gas-filled metal walkway, you know the ones that sometimes has 173 at the end? I don my gas mask, sprint through, and sigh with relief that 173 wasn't there...

... imagine my surprise when i open the door, go through and then realize too late 173 went through that same door and was waiting for me. Cue brickshitting as i realize my blink meter's getting low, the door's already closed and i don't have enough time to fumble around trying to find the button to open it the door as i keep my eyes on 173. Cue blink -- CRUNCH.

SCP: Containment Breach.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: May 05, 2012, 09:16:54 am »

Was just about to start my final attack on the enemy base, when suddenly my computer crashed.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: May 06, 2012, 12:02:53 pm »

After killing no less than four bosses without losing my body, I gracefully strafed off a walkway into a bottomless pit in the Tower of Latria.

):

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: May 07, 2012, 07:18:49 pm »

I'm a bit offended by your term for Fall From Heaven. :P
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: May 07, 2012, 07:24:21 pm »

Shot a UFO with a pistol, which then exploded killing me instantly.

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1574