Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370391 times)

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5535 on: April 26, 2012, 05:51:06 pm »

Well…

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: April 26, 2012, 08:36:17 pm »

That was a pretty cool one, PTTG.

I didn't look to hard into it, but was that a global-warming-denial website? Cool.

...its still trolling though, no matter how much people deserve it. Ah well;
By the power invested in me by absolutely nobody, I hereby let you off with a warning!

<Parent voice> Tsk tsk. Now now! Be nice!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: April 26, 2012, 08:41:24 pm »

ArmA 2, trying to take down a radio tower. Planted a single explosive, nothing. Shot it with a SMAW twice, still nothing. Went back to our base, grabbed five more satchel charges. I back up, and get ready to push the button. *You have been kicked: Ping too high*'

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: April 26, 2012, 09:14:32 pm »

Me the Fifer and my drummer buddy stood guard on the hill overlooking the field. As the French overran us, killing everyone left and right, we bravely stood our ground, and played one last rendition of "British Grenadiers" before being cut down.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: April 26, 2012, 09:56:41 pm »

I haven't actually died yet, but a Jarl is sieging Curaw with 851 men against the garrison's 160. I'm part of that garrison. The end is nigh!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: April 26, 2012, 10:47:42 pm »

Shot by a skeleton. Before that, fell to my death because my landing pool glitched and didn't break my fall.

urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: April 26, 2012, 10:59:42 pm »

I haven't actually died yet, but a Jarl is sieging Curaw with 851 men against the garrison's 160. I'm part of that garrison. The end is nigh!

If you have a ton of the highest ranked infantry then you could win that. Assuming your enemies don't have that any high ranked men, which they probably do.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: April 26, 2012, 11:06:37 pm »

That friggin' Marshtomp.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: April 26, 2012, 11:13:00 pm »

Thief with an 87% hit chance, wielding a sword, VS a pirate with a 25% hit chance wielding an axe. Pirate wins. EVERY TIME.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: April 26, 2012, 11:29:27 pm »

Thief with an 87% hit chance, wielding a sword, VS a pirate with a 25% hit chance wielding an axe. Pirate wins. EVERY TIME.

The whole bit with Fire Emblem is that if something keeps on killing a crucial character, you've got to restart the entire chapter to reset the RNG. Otherwise, your character will keep on dying.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: April 26, 2012, 11:32:33 pm »

The whole bit with Fire Emblem is that if something keeps on killing a crucial character, you've got to restart the entire chapter to reset the RNG. Otherwise, your character will keep on dying.
Yeah, not doing that. Thankfully, it's an arena so I can simply not use the thief and wait for better luck next time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: April 27, 2012, 12:39:11 am »

Yeah, not doing that. Thankfully, it's an arena so I can simply not use the thief and wait for better luck next time.

You can, of course, abuse the RNG using the "move trick". Advanced players can use it to map out the next set of values the RNG will produce; normal (aka 'sane') players can at least use it to mess up the RNG. :)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: April 28, 2012, 11:30:47 am »

Shot in the face a whole bunch of times by a black marcketeer while storming the bridge of a freighter, while Boomer sat back with his thumb up his ass as usual.

Next mission, I forgot to disable their generator, and thus their alarm system, before C4ing their weapon stockpile. Then I rush to what I suppose was their command center to stop them from destroying a laptop with vital intel. I burst into the room at exactly 0:00 left to stop them, kill both guys in the room and secure the laptop.

Now, this would be seriously awesome if enemy reinforcements hadn't shown up. There was a guy I had to extract, and I left him in a shack I had already cleared. They found him, and shot him in the face a whole bunch of times. The kicker is that I had Bravo guarding him, but I called them away to cover my assault to save the laptop. Oh, and the VIP's codename was "Pincushion". F-ing irony...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: April 28, 2012, 12:24:06 pm »

Obliterated by a hegemony system defense fleet in starfarer after fending off two others.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5549 on: April 28, 2012, 07:47:55 pm »

Obliterated by a hegemony system defense fleet in starfarer after fending off two others.

AFTER MANY PEOPLE ASKING WHAT GAME YOU ARE ON ABOUT IN THIS THREAD I HAVE MADE IT MANDATORY FOR YOU TO TELL US IN YOUR POST. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOU GETTING METEOR SWARM'D
TO DEATH.
Seriously guys, just spoiler it or something.
(Repeat offenders shall be called names.)
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 1575