Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370666 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5490 on: April 21, 2012, 05:28:42 pm »

Responding to both, actually. And yeah, proofread your post, or wait until you've looked up whatever it is you wanted. It's not like the thread is going anywhere.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: April 21, 2012, 05:55:56 pm »

He could have also been responding to the one before your post.

Oh, and why should he give users at least a few minutes of leeway to edit? It's not like writing a post is in realtime, so you shouldn't need to edit at all.

There is such a thing as jumping the trigger, but I do agree with the first point you made, much as Sirus has confirmed my original suspicion to be correct.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:58:29 pm by Azthor »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: April 21, 2012, 07:11:11 pm »

But is it jumping the trigger? Is there actually any set time that somebody's supposed to wait for to respond?

Besides that, how was he to know that you were going to edit? I've seen plenty of people who don't edit their mistakes. And I know I miss a lot of mistakes I make and missed that I sure would have liked a post to tell me about.

Also, I suggest not responding to any posts for a few minutes after you finish reading them for the day, to see what you are saying he should do. It's not exactly thrilling or exciting.

Regardless, I think I'm done arguing. I'm sure plenty of people don't care, and I have a feeling that I have a bad habit of arguing things into derailment. You can, of course, continue if you want.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:14:26 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5493 on: April 21, 2012, 08:01:24 pm »

Charging down the halls, came across a gas chamber with SCP-173 blocking my path. Made a run for it (keeping an eye on it, of course) *SNAP* "FUCK!!!".

Most unusually casual response to death I've had in a horror game. Not scared, but more in the sense of "Well, that didn't work.". It also turns out I had some of the gas blocking my vision; so that didn't help.

SCP: Containment Breach (v0.1)

EDIT:
Let's not forget, I tried to make the game as immersively scary for myself (low lighting, headphones, the works) as possible, and it got that kind of response from me. You may want someone like me for a horror game. Which reminds me, you may or may not also want me for any other kind of game/campaign, according to this list.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:10:45 pm by Itnetlolor »

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5494 on: April 21, 2012, 11:20:40 pm »

Charging down the halls, came across a gas chamber with SCP-173 blocking my path. Made a run for it (keeping an eye on it, of course) *SNAP* "FUCK!!!".

Most unusually casual response to death I've had in a horror game. Not scared, but more in the sense of "Well, that didn't work.". It also turns out I had some of the gas blocking my vision; so that didn't help.

SCP: Containment Breach (v0.1)

EDIT:
Let's not forget, I tried to make the game as immersively scary for myself (low lighting, headphones, the works) as possible, and it got that kind of response from me. You may want someone like me for a horror game. Which reminds me, you may or may not also want me for any other kind of game/campaign, according to this list.

Did you remember to put a gas mask on, and to blink just before you open the door?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: April 22, 2012, 04:11:00 am »

I was trying to kill the Eye of Cthulhu so I could get demonite ore for summoning the ultra slime (Obsidian's Mod).
Suddenly, CORRUPTOR

Terraria
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: April 23, 2012, 02:28:36 am »

Human Revolution, hardest difficulty in hengsha. Guard spotted me, i then got promptly ventilated.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: April 23, 2012, 02:34:58 am »

Yeti threw me into a bottomless chasm.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: April 23, 2012, 03:47:05 am »

I threw myself against the walls quite a few time.

For some context, I got to the tombs, there is a room there which locks as soon as you enter(its a portcullis) with a ghost inside. I killed the ghost easily and he dropped a key. With that key I opened a room nearby which was a dead end(with a grave). I didn't know a way out so I just threw myself against the walls(you take damage that way) with a Leap ring and respawned next to my silver sapling(which was 4 levels above)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: April 23, 2012, 05:04:44 pm »

I'm a miner. Things go along quite well and I'm getting plenty of ore for equipment upgrades and sending to the station. Then, while following a vein of ore through a large asteroid, I stumble upon a strange room with a Christmas stocking hanging on the wall. I reach inside and pull out a BFG 9000! Thanks, Santa! Then I accidentally click on a nearby wall while holding it, completely blowing myself up.

Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: April 24, 2012, 03:37:40 am »

Run around in city, turn a corner a bunch of zombie was waiting for me, skid on the other direction, about to be out of stamina, i jump on top of a car.

Take a breath and start slicing zombies one by one. "Heart sound going faster" I turn around BOOM!! A sploder zombie snuck up behind me....

Dead Island
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: April 24, 2012, 01:49:55 pm »

Turns out it's a lot harder to solo kill a hundred highly trained soldiers than it seems at first.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: April 24, 2012, 01:50:28 pm »

Turns out it's a lot harder to solo kill a hundred highly trained soldiers than it seems at first.

You didn't do it right, bumrush horse ho!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: April 24, 2012, 02:42:13 pm »

My horse didn't really help when about 30 of those enemies were archers.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: April 24, 2012, 03:03:44 pm »

Ride in circles until they have shot all their ammunition. Remember to bring a good book.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 1575