Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371024 times)

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5460 on: April 15, 2012, 01:17:29 pm »

Decided to take a short, hour-long nap so I'd need to worry less about conserving my magic.
When I woke up, there was an assassin, a nix-hound and a rat standing in a circle around me. Couldn't burn them fast enough, and my spells might have been somewhat ineffective since that was before I read about common resistances.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: April 15, 2012, 09:43:13 pm »

could you link me to [Spacebuild]?
It's a gamemode for Gmod.

How to play spacebuild:
1. Buy orange box and CS:S on steam if you don't already have them. (some of the spacebuild stuff uses HL2,HL2EP1,HL2EP2, and CS:S props)
2. Buy Garry's Mod, also on steam.
3. Install an SVN client (TortoiseSVN works)
4a. Learn how to use SVN.
4b. http://www.snakesvx.net/faq/downloadsvn Pick whichever ones you want all the SB3 ones and maybe some SBEP (just nothing under the SB2 category), install to <steam>\steamapps\<username>\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons
5. Marvel

On topic:
"Oh well, now there's a reason to send a rescue mission."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:47:58 pm by Peewee »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: April 15, 2012, 09:47:06 pm »

See, I never knew about steps 3 and 4a. No wonder I could never get Spacebuild or the assorted life-support stuff working >.<
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: April 15, 2012, 10:21:19 pm »

The Federation, after the Borg invasion of the upper part of the galaxy, was on the rise.

We, Cardassians, began to wither. One by one, the systems fell to the power-hungry humans. Our ancestral home, Cardassia, suffered bombardments so heavy that no one seen such before. All that was left was smoldering chunks of rocks unworthy to be called 'planets'.

There was a light of hope, though. Starbase in Ktaria system, a system long ago pulverized of it's feline inhabitants by first Borg Cube, took a stand against the shiny Federation warships.

10 kills, and 10 more, and another 10, and so on...

The original 'A' listing ended for the Humans' starships and they had to name their new ships 'B' or even 'C' variants. The Ktarian starbase stood fast, with 88 kills on her count, kills both small (Oberth, Miranda class) and large (Galaxy, Ambassador class).

Then the Federation got angry and came in strength - 40 warships against one little starbase. Seeing this, I had no choice:

I said "Fuck you" and engaged in that last, glorious battle...

3 kills short of 100, oh, well!

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: April 16, 2012, 10:59:44 am »

Old age. Turns out, there's a time limit on how long you can govern any particular island in Tropico 4.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #5465 on: April 16, 2012, 11:01:16 am »

Poison and spiders. Gorram spiders.

Legend of Grimrock.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: April 16, 2012, 11:07:18 am »

One talented cavalryman cannot take down 30 sea raiders. Fact of life in Calradia.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: April 16, 2012, 12:59:57 pm »

Orbital bombardement Builders jumping down from a high skybridge all across the map.

EDIT:
Turns out babies, and Child Protective Services agents for that matter, are surpisingly more flame-retardant than I originally thought they were. The mother, on the other hand... not so much.
And the mother had been starved, sleep-deprived, etc. for some time while she kept poking that fireplace, setting off the inferno. First, the other parent died, and she watched the Grim Reaper come for them, who himself was slowly driven insane by half a dozen crying babies. Then, as the flames consumed everything, the last thing her poor, tortured frame saw was CPS teleporting he kids to safety while the worker, first shocked at the flaming property, took one look at her, then left with what I swear was a smirk on her(the worker's) face.

And then the Grim Reaper came a second time. Noticably relieved that there were no more crying babies.

I'm going to hell for this for sure.

Hey, clearly you were performing !!SCIENCE!! with the fire, just like a true Dwarf. Next step is magma.
I can only agree with this.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:09:58 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: April 16, 2012, 01:54:30 pm »

One talented cavalryman cannot take down 30 sea raiders. Fact of life in Calradia.

Perhaps not in warband, but in the original, its completely possible.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: April 16, 2012, 02:00:56 pm »

Perhaps not in warband, but in the original, its completely possible.
It's completely possible in Warband too. You just have to watch out for arrows and throwing weapons. And by watch out I mean pray that the RNG is feeling merciful, unless you're some sort of cowardly bad-ass horse archer.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: April 16, 2012, 02:04:16 pm »

Full plate + Shield + Lance + Two-Handed battleaxe = Badassery.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: April 16, 2012, 02:12:21 pm »

Perhaps, but by talented I just mean PC, not high-level. XD I was like... level 4 or 5, new character testing out Native Expansion pack. All I had was a bent lance, a hunting crossbow + bolts, and an arming sword. I took out seven of them (5 lance kills, 2 knocked out from me missing my charges and trampling them with the horse) before I ate enough arrows to call it a day.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: April 16, 2012, 02:13:48 pm »

Ah. That would make sense thep :P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: April 16, 2012, 02:17:53 pm »

Perhaps, but by talented I just mean PC, not high-level. XD I was like... level 4 or 5, new character testing out Native Expansion pack. All I had was a bent lance, a hunting crossbow + bolts, and an arming sword. I took out seven of them (5 lance kills, 2 knocked out from me missing my charges and trampling them with the horse) before I ate enough arrows to call it a day.

It's still possible as a low-level character. I've done it once or twice. Just kill the archers first, and then keep on dodging until they run out of stuff to chuck. On a horse, and with a lance, you have the speed and the range to keep out of their melee weapons. Baring axe to the face, you should be able to win.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: April 16, 2012, 02:23:34 pm »

Heh... let me rephrase it again. I've had M&B for only a few days. I'm not very good at it. XD I should probably turn the difficulty down until I am good at it, but right now everything's just set to normal.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1575