Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371586 times)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5325 on: March 28, 2012, 05:48:13 pm »

I got into a firefight with a snowman. I set him alight, but when I switched to my Revolver to finish him off, a bear snuck up behind me and hurled a Brick at me.

Ouch.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I loved timesplitters!

Anyhow, I was walking along and the sun went down. Which was all well and good until the boogeymen killed me to death. I't's been awhile.

Dwarf Fortress.
Everybody!

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: March 28, 2012, 06:04:32 pm »

note to self: never pick up some gauntlets in the wild, specially if there is no material specified.

cursed peaceful gauntlets. I could barely hit the next random encounter of jackals, I could have dispatched them quickly...

FFUUU-

"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5327 on: March 28, 2012, 06:23:15 pm »

Got blown into a reeeeeeeeeeally deep ravine, making me die on impact.

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: March 28, 2012, 08:48:39 pm »

Charged straight into a group of greens with a spade, died upon being seen.

Ace of Spades
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: March 28, 2012, 08:54:49 pm »

Played King Arthur's Gold for the first time. Got two kills as a knight before switching to ranged; as an archer i got a ridiculously lucky kill- backed up against a wall I managed to snap off a shot which defeated my pursuer.

Then, the admin (a very, very skilled player) bombjumped over to me and stabbed me from above. My response "I just got divebombed by a flying knight."

Much applause.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: March 28, 2012, 10:39:00 pm »

"For the Crown, For the King! Charge!"

The five-man squad, consisting of three knights, a professional sapper and a longbow-woman proceeded upon the enemy castle. The red banner flew high through the dense canopy of trees and stone fortification. The leader, a soldier-knight named Symphony, gestured towards the Oaken doors barring the way, while he took out a bomb and hefted his shield. Then, about eleven or so soldiers garbed in crimson livery emerged from the barracks. Cutting down one brave knight in their charge. Symphony smirked and threw his last bomb at the knaves, blasting about four or five in the air, dead.

It was followed by a warcry from the female Ranger, the remaining two knights kept their vigil and proceeded in a two man phalanx, waiting for the force of the archer's strikes to stun the enemies. With the sound of a fearless spirit, they struck at once, with the hammer of their builder marking the first death, caving in the first knight's skull through his chainmail.

The battle was fierce, but our side fought with determination and desperation at our side. The color of Blue signified Freedom, Peace and Unity. We fought to prove that. After a few tense moments, an errant arrow fell through one of the enemy fortifications, just as the sapper was breaking the final foundation, hitting the Ranger. She fell from the Pine, the arrow caught in her left side.

As she lay dying on the ground, she could see the Knight called Symphony rush out of the castle along with the banner of the Red legion, the other knight shielding the builder from the remaining foes, of which she had no knowledge of their numbers. With a shout, the sapper commanded the knight to run with his ally, and the castle collapsed as the final blow of the hammer was struck, obviously killing anyone else foolish enough to stay inside.

She felt a gauntlet reach out, pulling her arm over and carrying her. As the trio retreated back to their base, ignoring the stray arrows fired from the hopeless survivors, she could feel her life passing away as the sound of metal boots echoed on the blasted plain.

We had achieved victory, despite our heavy losses.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: March 29, 2012, 09:13:40 am »

So the round begins, and to my surprise I am chosen as a syndicate operative. This being my first time as an operative, I am understandably a bit disoriented. The rest of the team is a bit green as well, it seems. Things start to go badly almost immediately. Our cover is blown right off the bat by one of our members rushing off to the station alone and a random guy in a spacesuit flying by our ship as the rest of us are gearing up. I order an emag and a radio jammer for myself, but I can't seem to find the most important piece of equipment: a pinpointer that will guide me to our objective, the nuclear authentication disk. I decide that my teammates have taken all the pinpointers and set out alone, being the last one off the ship.

I quickly get my first kill, the jerk who spoiled the round by flying around our ship. I then turn on my radio jammer and make my way into the bombed out bridge, using my emag to break into riot control and steal all the energy guns. I kill several people on the bridge but none of them were the captain. I go back out into space and after turning my radio jammer off I learn that the rest of our strike team has been destroyed, leaving just me and a dying guy. Pretty soon it's just me.

With no way to know where the disk was I just orbited the station for a while, hoping to run across the captain. I got into a lengthy space chase with a guy who had scavenged one of my dead comrades' gear but he dodged my shots and managed to lose me. I broke into the research director's office to recharge my guns, but was quickly spotted by some passing scientists and locked in. Fine, I thought, I could just get out the same way I came in, but then I took a glance at my jetpack's pressure and realized it had barely enough oxygen left to keep me breathing, let alone fly through space. A crowd quickly gathered on the other end of the door, all wanting a taste of my blood. Two men came in from space, surrounding me. The door opened and I was beaten to death.

To add insult to injury I found out after the round ended that someone had taken the disk, broke onto our ship and stayed there for some time. If only I had a pinpointer I would have been able to kill him and win easily.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 06:01:20 am by nogoodnames »
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: March 29, 2012, 11:36:52 am »

A junkie that punches 5 times per turn at 6 damage each is murder to a level 2 character with no equipment.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: March 29, 2012, 11:39:04 am »

Why haven't you gotten the gear from the Klamath rat mines yet? >: o
*Hugs*

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: March 29, 2012, 11:52:42 am »

*the river has started a party in the meeting hall*

DF of course.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5335 on: March 29, 2012, 11:43:47 pm »

-SS13-

Which server was that? Because that was kinda metagame-y, that guy taking the disc and hiding on your shuttle, not to mention bad RP. Pretty sure you're not supposed to do that on most servers.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: March 29, 2012, 11:45:40 pm »

It's been... a while since I last played through FO2. I didn't even remember there was gear there.

That, and my characters specialize in unarmed combat, so "gear" to me constists of armour and unarmed weapons.

Advanced Power Armor Mk. II and a Mega Power Fist. Have fun.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: March 30, 2012, 12:54:20 am »

Protested police brutality by going to the Police Station and playing protest songs on my guitar at a cop. He shot me in the head.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: March 30, 2012, 01:33:57 am »

It's been... a while since I last played through FO2. I didn't even remember there was gear there.

That, and my characters specialize in unarmed combat, so "gear" to me constists of armour and unarmed weapons.

Advanced Power Armor Mk. II and a Mega Power Fist. Have fun.
You can find a pistol down there, selling it will give you enough cash to obtain armour. There's also a ton of loot just scattered around Klamath in general.
*Hugs*

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: March 30, 2012, 05:56:12 am »

Note to self: Do not 'play' with iron golems with a wooden stick.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 1575