Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372229 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5280 on: March 21, 2012, 07:58:49 am »

Mashy spike plate.

Portal 2
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: March 21, 2012, 12:04:25 pm »

Shotgunned to death by an angry shopkeeper.

What the hell, game? Why the flying fuck would you hide the entrance to the black market in a goddamn shop?
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: March 21, 2012, 12:05:29 pm »

What the hell, game? Why the flying fuck would you hide the entrance to the black market in a goddamn shop?
Spelunky?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: March 21, 2012, 12:09:27 pm »

Spelunky?

Either that, or he lucked out on Slash'EM, finding the portal to the black market in a shop, while carrying all the junk he planned to buy in the previous shop.

Of course, he couldn't pay up, because shotgun happened.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: March 21, 2012, 12:10:14 pm »

Spelunky, yes. I even had a jetpack and a shotgun of my own, but I wasn't fast enough. :-\
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: March 21, 2012, 12:31:00 pm »

No matter what your ego might tell you, salvaging for parts, astronauts and missiles in between the crossfire of two mutually hostile races isn't a good idea.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: March 21, 2012, 02:30:29 pm »

Umiman infantry-rushed me while sending in excessive amounts of tank destroyers. And finished it all by sneaking an APC near my command units.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: March 21, 2012, 03:10:23 pm »

This isnt exactly "me" but whatever.

I had a very charismatic prostitute on whom I had trained up seduction and also had two other sneaky dudes. The prostitute was trying to seduce a policeman, when suddenly it came out it was an ambush and the prostitute got arrested. I was going "no problem" at that point, cause it was a single breaking and entering charge. The defense did well, everything went well, and the verdict? DEATH SENTENCE.

So im freaking out a bit, and train my sneaky guys really hard so they could break into jail. During the course of that, the worse of my dudes gets shot. Got no time, so I just train the other dude alone. But then I accidentally press F for attack instead of V for sneak, and my better dude got shot, hospitalizing him. Luckily my worse dude had gotten better by that time, so I quickly buy a car, and train sneak until the last day when the prostitute would be executed.

And then I attack the prison. Sneak past every guard I see until I come across the place where I can free prisoners. I free them, but my prostitute isnt there. I just rescue whoever I can. Because the prisoners cant sneak, I was forced to just slog through guards shooting at me. Half the prisoners died at the first group of guards I see. I rescue some more wandering prisoners and am almost at the exit. Suddenly, 5 deathsquad people. They kill everyone but one prisoner and my dude, but we are carryng some wounded. Right at the exit, there is another deathsquad. They completely litter the wounded we are carrying with bullets, killing them. Then we run away, but in the chase the prisoner I saved gets shot and dies.

So there I am, one dude hospitalized, the other just shot full of bullets and slowly healing, cant do anything. Press wait for a single turn. The prostitute gets executed by crushing of the head.

I dont know why she wasnt in the prison, but I do know Im gonna burn the damn place down.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: March 21, 2012, 03:11:35 pm »

Got laser'd repeatedly. Good bye, intact body!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: March 21, 2012, 03:58:08 pm »

This isnt exactly "me" but whatever.

I had a very charismatic prostitute on whom I had trained up seduction and also had two other sneaky dudes. The prostitute was trying to seduce a policeman, when suddenly it came out it was an ambush and the prostitute got arrested. I was going "no problem" at that point, cause it was a single breaking and entering charge. The defense did well, everything went well, and the verdict? DEATH SENTENCE.

So im freaking out a bit, and train my sneaky guys really hard so they could break into jail. During the course of that, the worse of my dudes gets shot. Got no time, so I just train the other dude alone. But then I accidentally press F for attack instead of V for sneak, and my better dude got shot, hospitalizing him. Luckily my worse dude had gotten better by that time, so I quickly buy a car, and train sneak until the last day when the prostitute would be executed.

And then I attack the prison. Sneak past every guard I see until I come across the place where I can free prisoners. I free them, but my prostitute isnt there. I just rescue whoever I can. Because the prisoners cant sneak, I was forced to just slog through guards shooting at me. Half the prisoners died at the first group of guards I see. I rescue some more wandering prisoners and am almost at the exit. Suddenly, 5 deathsquad people. They kill everyone but one prisoner and my dude, but we are carryng some wounded. Right at the exit, there is another deathsquad. They completely litter the wounded we are carrying with bullets, killing them. Then we run away, but in the chase the prisoner I saved gets shot and dies.

So there I am, one dude hospitalized, the other just shot full of bullets and slowly healing, cant do anything. Press wait for a single turn. The prostitute gets executed by crushing of the head.

I dont know why she wasnt in the prison, but I do know Im gonna burn the damn place down.

DO IT.

I can see you're playing on Nightmare Mode like my Let's Play, haha. Really leads to some fun moments, like when I was flamethrowered in the park by a douchebag fireman and then charged with arson like I'M the bastard with a flamethrower. :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: March 21, 2012, 05:09:35 pm »

Gogdamnit Giant Spider, why can't we just be friends?
And you, Man Eating Plant and Surprise Frog! You guys are dicks!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5291 on: March 22, 2012, 05:02:26 pm »

Mis-calculated a trajectory with my aircraft when barnstorming. In a later attempt, however, I put it to total shame.

Spoiler: Deathtrap stunt site (click to show/hide)
BTW, the other craft I used and failed with was plenty smaller (Actually it was a Devastator, like the one in the background. I was piloting the Balmoral Bomber in that screencap (mind you, flawless flight, without a scratch with a brand new one I literally snatched right out of the sky from that other Devastator I was previously flying. This game is all kinds of badass.)). Too awesome to not make as an avatar.

Crimson Skies (Classic PC version)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:10:02 pm by Itnetlolor »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: March 22, 2012, 06:22:31 pm »

Fell past the bottom of the stage.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: March 22, 2012, 06:29:25 pm »

Progress! :D

Killed by Abyss' third and final form. Screw you, Abyss.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5294 on: March 22, 2012, 06:42:22 pm »

Crashed into more obstacles and shot down by autogyros many times, and even made a head-on collision with the last wave of fighters. I hate the Hollywood Hijinks chapter.

Crimson Skies (again)
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 1575