Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372425 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5220 on: March 17, 2012, 02:49:07 am »

Super Mario Bros. 1's jump and running physics don't translate to the keyboard well.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: March 17, 2012, 03:23:03 am »

Toribash! Got around 8-9 friends on and off of B12 who play that with me, good times!

In more recent news, I had some fun with a cool roving wizard, who I accidentally killed with 3 shots from my explosive crossbow before binding his soul to a shell as an artificer enslaved to me. I then proceeded to blow up half the place, and ultimately was the only one left alive with my artificer slave.

Good SS13 times. :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5222 on: March 17, 2012, 07:23:52 am »

In more recent news, I had some fun with a cool roving wizard, who I accidentally killed with 3 shots from my explosive crossbow before binding his soul to a shell as an artificer enslaved to me. I then proceeded to blow up half the place, and ultimately was the only one left alive with my artificer slave.

What was the server?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: March 17, 2012, 07:58:55 am »

Toribash! Got around 8-9 friends on and off of B12 who play that with me, good times!

I own at Toribash, nothing prepared me for the time in Wushu though when I rushed someone, kicked them in half, spun around and with the other foot decapitated them, as a result I'd pushed myself about 12' ft into the air, so there I was thinking "Yup, I've won" he grabs his legs with one arm, his head with the other and whilst somehow staying perfectly upright lobs his head at me, he gets lucky and dismembers my arm which falls to the floor and I disqaulify when my shoulder hits the ground, shortly afterwards my crumbled body plummets to the floor and ragdoll tumbles a good dozen meters.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:01:12 am by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #5224 on: March 17, 2012, 11:14:40 am »

I broke my mouse's scroll wheel.

Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: March 17, 2012, 12:21:07 pm »

Went to space and did a few orbits. Completed a successful moon landing and a successful moon launch. Upon reentry I noticed, I forgot the parachute. Jeb smilied all the way down, bless his heart.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: March 17, 2012, 12:48:42 pm »

Didn't know the controls(game didn't come with a manual). Then got into a fight with a teenage girl... holding an axe as big as her. Didn't realize how badly my ass was handed to me until I came to.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: March 17, 2012, 04:36:19 pm »

Updated Starfarer to its newest version, which adds new features and both a pirate and a Tri-Tachyon space station with their own ships, weapons and such available.

Sadly, it seems you no longer start with a random Frigate-sized ship, but are hardcoded to start with a Brawler. The Brawler-class has front-mounted shields, spray-and-pray short-ranged missiles (100) and front-mounted machine-guns.

Needless to say, I'm used to long-range missiles and omni-shields, so I got raped 8 times in a row because I keep forgetting I can't shift my shield coverage mid-battle, effectively making all of my old fighting tactics utterly useless until I capture or purchase a new ship.

NPC can take this god damn Brawler, but I'm buying something with some god damn omni-shields!

--- --- ---

tldr;

Starfarer update, forced to use ship I hate, got raped x8.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: March 17, 2012, 04:43:58 pm »

Sadly, it seems you no longer start with a random Frigate-sized ship, but are hardcoded to start with a Brawler. The Brawler-class has front-mounted shields, spray-and-pray short-ranged missiles (100) and front-mounted machine-guns.
Strange, because I'm sure I've started with a Lasher twice.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: March 17, 2012, 05:41:29 pm »

I was wandering around a the fields. I get blinded by rain, and, unable to navigate, my crossbow drinks all my blood and I die.

(I'm still keeping it though, muahahahaha)

Elona.
Everybody!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: March 17, 2012, 05:57:15 pm »

I question your (likely already non-existent) sanity if you'll continue carrying around something that just killed you.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: March 17, 2012, 06:23:07 pm »

Oh, it does't kill me instantly. It damages stuff quite well for the level I am.
Everybody!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: March 17, 2012, 06:28:22 pm »

Oh, it does't kill me instantly.
(Psst, that's besides the point!)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: March 17, 2012, 07:07:43 pm »

Strange, because I'm sure I've started with a Lasher twice.

Since the new update? Pre-update I had a Lasher and other ships, now, I've gotten a damn Brawler every single time I restarted. :|

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: March 17, 2012, 07:13:55 pm »

What was the server?

I'm not sure, sorry! I just picked a random server from the list, I had never played on it before.

Hmm, wait. Not sure how to get the URL, but this is their info. Its a damn good server, but there's few people on it. If we can get folks to go there, it'll rock. The admin is cool and he's taking suggestions for adding new professions, items, and such. Just the military base and jobs is fucking fun, as well as the soul-stealing items and such. I had a fucking blast when I teamed up with that wizard.

Here's their info:

Welcome to Matrix128s Heavily Modified Space Station 13!

This server is running a /tg/station13 SVN build.  Some updates so far include, army jobs and alot more.  Forum Is http://matrix128.darkbb.com/forum For Admin Apps http://ms12.chipin.com/my-ss13-server  Facebook follow us :D http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mars-station-16/230662610313161?skip_nax_wizard=true
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 1575