Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372716 times)

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5160 on: March 10, 2012, 09:16:45 pm »

What server were you guys on?

Because Mari0 sounds familiar.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: March 10, 2012, 09:19:12 pm »

Mari0 is a Portal/Mario crossover game. Basically it's Mario with a portal gun.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: March 10, 2012, 09:22:06 pm »

Mari0 is a Portal/Mario crossover game. Basically it's Mario with a portal gun.
I saw a friend playing that on Thursday. I didn't actually know it had Portals until the bluish-cave-level when they used it to launch up to the top.

But, oddly enough, I do remember that.

Still thought, what server do you play on in SS13?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: March 11, 2012, 04:28:01 am »

Malpractice after I got fried by an emitter. I'm saying it's malpractice because the Doc was obviously too busy curing the guy who only had relatively minor cuts and bruises.

Eventually I suffocated on my empty O2 tank.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: March 11, 2012, 05:23:21 am »

My arms got ripped clean off. Then I flew off my speeder bike and hit a wall, turning me into tiny giblets.

Happy Wheels.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: March 11, 2012, 05:46:48 am »

A pilot bailed out of his spaceship. I hijacked the controls of his ride, but got shot heavily because the pilot flew in between my ship and another ship, which had powerful lasers.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5166 on: March 11, 2012, 08:13:47 am »

I got stepped on by a gigantic super advanced squid-machine.

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: March 11, 2012, 08:21:23 am »

I just wish my video card could handle the awesome  :-\

Led an assault while firing volleys of arrows at the Blue team.

Score was 0/0, both sides had no respawns.

The Knights got haplessly slain by spikes and other knights, but brought them to 2 archers and 1 builder. I took out 1 archer and retreated back to the base to restock and shift to a knight.

Was...ambushed by the builder, who sapped his way under the base, through the fortifications, under the spike pit and bust a hole through our quarry.

I got hammered as he hid behind the tree right next to our flag.

The player reactions were priceless.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: March 12, 2012, 03:36:16 am »

Took a Salamander MRM in the tailpipe, spinning through space with my shields getting progressively more overloaded. I can't re-orient my ship to fill the air with Annihilators, but to throw them all away, and my flux is critical.

My wingmen have already been disabled.

Shields overload and those circling Pilum LRMs filling the air close in and crush me.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: March 12, 2012, 03:40:15 am »

Yay, autopilot has failed me again. Stupid system failed to jump through a jumpgate and instead rammed my ship into the rims of the jumpgate repeatedly. Needless to say, I didn't get a chance to correct the errors the stupid autopilot made.

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: March 12, 2012, 03:47:51 am »

Yay, autopilot has failed me again. Stupid system failed to jump through a jumpgate and instead rammed my ship into the rims of the jumpgate repeatedly. Needless to say, I didn't get a chance to correct the errors the stupid autopilot made.

I've been meaning to try X3 - which edition should I go for, though? Seems (at a superficial level) to bear resemblance to the Mount & Blade series w. standalone expansions (IN SPAAAAACE). Should a total newbie go for Prelude..?

Also: Shot dead trying to steal gas stamps from a federal bureau.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: March 12, 2012, 03:54:17 am »

Led an assault while firing volleys of arrows at the Blue team.

Score was 0/0, both sides had no respawns.

The Knights got haplessly slain by spikes and other knights, but brought them to 2 archers and 1 builder. I took out 1 archer and retreated back to the base to restock and shift to a knight.

Was...ambushed by the builder, who sapped his way under the base, through the fortifications, under the spike pit and bust a hole through our quarry.

I got hammered as he hid behind the tree right next to our flag.

The player reactions were priceless.

Nice! I'm going to have to remember that next time I make it through to the Endgame Battle. What servers do you play on? (I generally like Jaedizzle's Texas and East-Coast servers, but the Goons run a good server too.)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: March 12, 2012, 04:00:52 am »

I've been meaning to try X3 - which edition should I go for, though? Seems (at a superficial level) to bear resemblance to the Mount & Blade series w. standalone expansions (IN SPAAAAACE). Should a total newbie go for Prelude..?

Also: Shot dead trying to steal gas stamps from a federal bureau.
Terran Conflict (TC) has proper Terran starts, which is lacking in Albion prelude (AP). But AP is also newb friendly to an extent (looking at you, stock exchange), and has more features, by virtue of being an expansion pack. The game itself is very hard to understand, like DF, although I found myself grasping the mechanics much earlier than DF, so yeah.

I invested most of my time in AP, so I can't say for sure which is the better version of the two.

A must have mod is Cycrow's Cheat Package, to speed up your ascent up the learning curve a bit, or at least fix a few bugs that will certainly pop out your way (assuming you don't want to get cheevos).

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: March 12, 2012, 04:15:39 am »

Took a Salamander MRM in the tailpipe, spinning through space with my shields getting progressively more overloaded. I can't re-orient my ship to fill the air with Annihilators, but to throw them all away, and my flux is critical.

My wingmen have already been disabled.

Shields overload and those circling Pilum LRMs filling the air close in and crush me.

Speaking of Starfarer...

Tried to take on a Dominator cruiser with a Paragon on Forlorn Hope. With two Enforcers making my day worse. Oh, and some goddamn fighters that can go INTO GODDAMN SHIELDS AND SHOOT YOU FROM INSIDE.

Turns out, either that Dominator has much more firepower than a Paragon or those Enforcers had a lot of firepower because my shields just went out the window. Must have been that wave of Sabots. Dammit, they're so awesome to use when you're not on the receiving end.

And since I had lost 95% of my exterior armor earlier in the fight, I didn't last long. Kaboom.

I liked it better when the enemy ran away for no reason in earlier versions. :P

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: March 12, 2012, 05:48:07 am »

Nice! I'm going to have to remember that next time I make it through to the Endgame Battle. What servers do you play on? (I generally like Jaedizzle's Texas and East-Coast servers, but the Goons run a good server too.)
Australian Official Server, [POWER] California and Jaedizzle's CTF East, but mostly the first two even if I'm not in a clan or using their forums. I'm loyal to this forum using the same name. :3

"Hah, they aren't even hurting my ship! My shields are strong, my will is sound!"

"Captain, our fuel is nearly zero and we're running low on solar power."

"Then...wait, they weren't attacking us, they we're-"

. . .
Life Support has failed.

You have died.

Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 1575