Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373528 times)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4875 on: February 10, 2012, 12:05:46 pm »

I was finished off by a slime. A Yellow one.

I'll show them though, and kill EVERY SLIME EVER!

Fortune summoner.
Everybody!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: February 10, 2012, 12:32:19 pm »

Yellow Slimes are utter bastards, thanks to their long-range attack tripping me up every goddamn time. It's like the creator wanted to abuse people's expectations when it comes to palette-swapping.

My most recent death(s) was in Knights of the Old Republic. I'm trying to fight some sith apprentice and his two minions, but it seems impossible. Every time I knock him below half health, he begins spamming some bullcrap lightning attack that hits all of my party members while healing substantial chunks of his own HP.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: February 11, 2012, 08:38:16 pm »

How a short dynasty of samurai ended:

1) When Toji was trying to kill two spearmen whilst fighting on a muddy rice field, the game spawned an archer behind my back that I did not see. Archer shot me, and the spearmen easily impaled me when I was frozen in pain.

2) Then son of above mentioned samurai went to regain honour. He slain a traveling swordmaster, slaughtered a gang of mountain brigands and then easily slain a group of pirates along with their captain, but Hatamoto Denko said 'Sozo is a samurai of barely adequate honour!'.

So Sozo went to perform other noble deeds. He found three samurai brothers and they offered duels. First two fights were rather uneventful, and he won both with just one scratch on his body.

The last of the three brothers easily scored a hit at the beginning. Then it was a flurry of parrying each other hits, whilst scoring a cut in a moment of tiredness. Three on three marks, both of them had. The mighty slash from above was parried and just as Sozo was raising the blade, fourth slash found it's place on his body and thus Sozo died on top of a mountain.

No heirs = Dynasty finished = GAME OVER.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:46:18 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: February 11, 2012, 09:23:27 pm »

Plot induced death due to radiation. I wanted to send my radiation immune comrade instead but nooooooo, he insisted I needed to "make the sacrifice" or something. Jerk. I really should have kept that anti-mutant virus the crazy computer guy gave me.

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: February 11, 2012, 09:57:49 pm »

Ragequit when I discovered that the game rescued all my inventory from the crashing train except the empty wine bottles.

What? I like my Molotov cocktails!

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 11:12:26 pm by Beardless »
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: February 11, 2012, 10:25:10 pm »

Feeling pretty good about being able to decimate the enemies I had encountered thus far, I wander into the next area, suspiciously coated in spider webs. "So!" I think, "This should be easy! Squishy mage or no, I can just stand in the doorway and abuse pathing!"

Didn't even make it to the doorway after the huge spider one shot me.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: February 13, 2012, 08:34:23 am »

Was silently cleaning out a MG42 nest near a roadblock when a german soldier with a submachinegun jumped over a wall behind me and gunned me down at point blank range.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:35:54 am by kardwill »

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: February 13, 2012, 09:06:24 am »

That's what savescumming is for. Or leet skills. Interesting choice of character, certainly. I don't think I had any close combat operatives when I played SS.

--

Proper death? An enemy heavy bomber sub raped me repeatedly. I had no torpedo's of my own, and if I had, the bomber's gazillion turrets would have blown them up before impact. The said turrets also have equal range to my own main gun. Oh joy.

The most recent however was a crash to desktop. It wasn't a serious campaign though so no biggie.

CandyTophat

• Bay Watcher
  • Pixels!
    • View Profile
    • The kindom of loathing!
« Reply #4883 on: February 13, 2012, 09:12:15 am »

Giant spider, i missed it and then it jumped at me for INSTADEATH

Spelunky
Dwarf fortress ethics.
Of course there's an ethical way to train doctors! Toss children off short cliffs. Since they're not useful adults, injuring them isn't a waste of valuable labor, and since they're not nobles, it's ethical to use short cliffs instead of tall ones!

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: February 13, 2012, 12:28:12 pm »

Backstabbing Bastards

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: February 13, 2012, 12:47:11 pm »

Right after Sumimoto became a new Daimyo of Tsutsui clan, his enemies attacked his tiny domain before he was able to recruits soldiers. Cheap move, game.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: February 13, 2012, 04:11:33 pm »

Fell off a building.
Fell off a building.
Fell off a building.
Fell off a building.
Shot up with 130 bullets by the police.
Fell off a building.

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: February 13, 2012, 04:18:24 pm »

I usually spent ages in every level of that killing all the police, so I'd actually have time to enjoy the freerunning parts of it.
*Hugs*

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: February 13, 2012, 04:20:35 pm »

I usually spent ages in every level of that killing all the police, so I'd actually have time to enjoy the freerunning parts of it.

I've been trying my best not to kill them, although sometimes they make it hard.  My roommate started laughing at me when he found out I wasn't killing any of them.     :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: February 13, 2012, 04:21:53 pm »

I only did it because I like to take my time and enjoy finding new paths around obstacles, rather than just taking the quickest one that won't get me shot in the spine.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 1575