Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373388 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4815 on: February 03, 2012, 04:50:45 pm »

In Soviet Russia, you don't kill Settlers, Settlers kill YOU!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: February 03, 2012, 06:26:03 pm »

Never invade Russia.
Hello Hunam

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: February 03, 2012, 07:24:09 pm »

After surviving and thriving for 82 days I decided to try and take on a small encampment of angry red-clad people. It was going well until more showed up and I ran out of javelins and died.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But if you guys saw my current character and the current setup he's in, you'd probably be extremely jealous.

I accidentally ate a blackear mushroom. Hoo boy. Watching a character with a big house and loads of items and stored food waste away from poisoning with no way to survive is just painful.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: February 03, 2012, 07:28:22 pm »

I've going to take a guess that Megaman was playing Shadow President.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: February 03, 2012, 07:30:23 pm »

I cut down a tree and it fell on me :(
*Hugs*

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: February 03, 2012, 08:10:44 pm »

Squashed by Junior's antics.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #4821 on: February 03, 2012, 09:27:15 pm »

Baldur's Gate (Tutu mod for the BG2 content etc. plus Unfinished Business and the Banter mod and a couple of hotfixes).

Started a new character, at the part where
, heading to the cliffs to the west to talk to the guy who wants to jump off (i've played for years, but i tend to be a completionist so wanna get as much done every time as i can, excluding being evil since i'm often a Paladin :P), when i come across a pair of Dire Wolves. Commence attacking, suddenly one-hit-kill on me and prompt loading of an autosave. Since when the hell are Dire Wolves there*, and since when the double-hell can they hit that friggin hard? I had splintmail armor, a helmet and a tower shield, so i wasn't too bad for early-game.

*Presumably new content from Unfinished Business or something.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: February 03, 2012, 09:33:03 pm »

Oh gawd.... Imoen, the most annoying character ever.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: February 03, 2012, 09:38:27 pm »

I dunno, in the NWN2 campaign there's a female teifling(sp? Whatever anyone who played it knows who I'm talking about) that really gives Imoen a run for her money.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #4824 on: February 03, 2012, 09:40:40 pm »

Oh gawd.... Imoen, the most annoying character ever.

Hey, at least she's a thief you can get right near the beginning of the game, so she can detect traps and pick locks and shit.

Plus she mellows out in BG2, so you just gotta tough it :P.

FAKEEDIT: @ Greiger: Yeah, can't remember her name but i know who you mean.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: February 03, 2012, 09:43:20 pm »

Ah, come on, I like Neeshka. :\ I wouldn't say she's my favorite companion, but she's better than... like... every other female companion... (I don't particularly care for Qara, Elanee, or Zhjaeve(sp? I usually play Cleric myself anyway, so I don't need her), and Sandra is merely all right... but a fighter specializing in short swords? Come on.) The best companion is clearly Gan from Mask of the Betrayer. I dunno about Imoen, I have BG but I haven't really put any time into it. Always too busy with other stuff. :\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: February 04, 2012, 02:10:27 pm »

When facing off against a battleship who can pour out enough dakka to drop your computer's framerate to about 1-2fps, a sword is not the best weapon choice.

Was completely entrenched, had enough firepower to survive anything jerry threw at me without so much as a scratch, every soldier experienced enough to hit a fly from halfway across the field. Then, Wespe blitz wave.

You're welcome... wait, they added the Wespe Blitz?
I went 100 waves. Just before the 100th wave, an anti-tank blitz, or whatever has nebelwerfers and AT cannons, showed up. Then right at the 101st wave, a Panzergrenadier blitz while I was still getting my ass kicked by the AT blitz. Didn't even last long enough to see my end-of-the-world naval artillery land.

Grenades and artillery do work pretty well, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: February 04, 2012, 02:50:55 pm »

Played Xcom for the first time. Floater Terror mission occurred. Did awesome at first before I made he mistake of forgetting that the aliens had rocket launchers too. I had all my units grouped into one alley...
It's FEF, not FEOF

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: February 04, 2012, 04:14:47 pm »

Played Xcom for the first time. Floater Terror mission occurred. Did awesome at first before I made he mistake of forgetting that the aliens had rocket launchers too. I had all my units grouped into one alley...

Same thing, but I had all my guys grouped on the ship :(

Dam cheating game.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: February 05, 2012, 09:31:04 pm »

Gunned down by Solid Snake.  I pulled the SOCOM on him while he was sleeping and shot him in the head a few times... that was enough that he apparently decided I needed to be taken out.

[Beginning of the Plant Chapter of MGS2]
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 1575