Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373639 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4695 on: January 24, 2012, 10:31:56 am »

You would not believe how often I have done that.  You would think the ship's computer would do a sanity check...I mean even cars these days automatically apply brakes when they detect an imminent front end collision, you'd think a spaceship would do the same.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:33:36 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: January 24, 2012, 11:07:52 am »

I was playing the Binding of Isaac. I got to the womb for the second time, and seeing a ealth thingie, run into it (there was a health machine, and I could stand losing half of my remaining heart. Hoping for a blood bag).

I did not realise they take a whole heart away. Cue sobbing.
Everybody!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: January 24, 2012, 11:23:12 am »

Dead Wind cavern. Deathclaws everywhere.

Fallout New Vegas
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: January 24, 2012, 11:38:29 am »

Burning up in a planets atmosphere because I felt like going in at a sharp angle. Didn't have half a second before I became so much debris.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: January 24, 2012, 12:15:50 pm »

I threw a bomb at an angry shopkeeper. He jumped up and knocked me down, near my own bomb.

Spelunky.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 12:33:53 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: January 24, 2012, 12:23:37 pm »

I failed my Thievery roll while attempting to steal a gem and fell off a boat, breaking my neck.

Been there. That gamebook is great if you have all the volumes.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: January 24, 2012, 12:26:54 pm »

Yeah, I only wish the last 6 had been released.
*Hugs*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: January 24, 2012, 03:00:39 pm »

Couldn't get to a house before the Bogeymen got me. Apparently a speed of 1121 is not enough to outrun them. Add in the fact that my guy can't see shit at night, and my dude got brutally murdered.

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4703 on: January 24, 2012, 05:16:52 pm »

Couldn't get to a house before the Bogeymen got me. Apparently a speed of 1121 is not enough to outrun them. Add in the fact that my guy can't see shit at night, and my dude got brutally murdered.

I know what you mean, even with my legendary swordsman I have to be careful and only take em on 1 at a time. Kinda fun pulling a samurai move and running through the trees in awkward circles.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: January 24, 2012, 05:20:57 pm »

Embarked on an arctic volcano. Learned a giant bull man called it home, and he didn't like industrious little midgets messing up his volcano.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: January 24, 2012, 05:22:37 pm »

Ugh. What IS a good build in Cataclysm? I keep getting pwnt by zombies. :\ For reference, my last character was a normal 8 in the four stats, with a few negative traits (poor hearing, nearsighted, poor liar I believe) and highly tolerant to everything I could get my hands on and a point in dodging and melee combat (nothing specific, just melee as a whole). I did pretty good with a butcher knife against a crowd of zombies by kiting them and attacking... until I got a damn stuck-in and had to resort to using my fists because I couldn't get back to the dead zombie and get my knife out of its chest. I'm guessing I got my heart ripped out of my chest because the crowd ignored everything but my torso until I died.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: January 24, 2012, 05:23:33 pm »

Ugh. What IS a good build in Cataclysm? I keep getting pwnt by zombies. :\ For reference, my last character was a normal 8 in the four stats, with a few negative traits (poor hearing, nearsighted, poor liar I believe) and highly tolerant to everything I could get my hands on and a point in dodging and melee combat (nothing specific, just melee as a whole). I did pretty good with a butcher knife against a crowd of zombies by kiting them and attacking... until I got a damn stuck-in and had to resort to using my fists because I couldn't get back to the dead zombie and get my knife out of its chest. I'm guessing I got my heart ripped out of my chest because the crowd ignored everything but my torso until I died.
you tried explosions yet?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: January 24, 2012, 05:25:57 pm »

I have no idea where I could get explosives. To be frank I've never survived more than like six in-game hours because when I go look for better clothes and more supplies I ALWAYS get spotted. Only once I managed to lure the zombies back to the shelter where the NPC blew their heads off. Oddly enough when I saved and reloaded that game she wasn't there anymore... o.o
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: January 24, 2012, 06:10:41 pm »

it wasn't my death, but it bears repeating here:

I visited a tomb today as the adventurer Cadem Renownletter to see how well the game retains the position of skeletons and treasures as I move them around. During the process, a mummy boxed me in the ribs, broke my finger, bit my hand and shook it around until the hand came off. The mummy then animated the hand and they both attacked me. The hand scored the killing scratch, earning the name "Drippedsieged, Cadem Renownletter's left hand" and earning the tomb an additional defender against further testing. Its middle finger is still broken.

From Toady as he played the latest dev build of Dwarf Fortress
Only a simple mind can be certain.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: January 24, 2012, 06:20:53 pm »

I have no idea where I could get explosives. To be frank I've never survived more than like six in-game hours because when I go look for better clothes and more supplies I ALWAYS get spotted. Only once I managed to lure the zombies back to the shelter where the NPC blew their heads off. Oddly enough when I saved and reloaded that game she wasn't there anymore... o.o
Last I played, molotovs are extremely helpful and easy to make. Just don't accidentally trap yourself in the fire or something.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 1575