Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373766 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4680 on: January 23, 2012, 12:49:05 am »

Then I got nuked by Canada.  :o
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What? ...How?! Canada doesn't even start with nukes... and they're your ally! What the hell did you do to the world to cause them to nuke you anyway?
Canada is often quick to turn on you when you're being an evil prick. He must have made them increase nuclear funding and maybe funded their nuclear program.
Hey is the sequel CyberJudas any good?
Never played it. But from what I've heard, it's completely inferior. I've been trying to find a copy everywhere, so I can find out for myself.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: January 23, 2012, 01:08:31 am »

What? ...How?! Canada doesn't even start with nukes... and they're your ally! What the hell did you do to the world to cause them to nuke you anyway?
Canada is often quick to turn on you when you're being an evil prick. He must have made them increase nuclear funding and maybe funded their nuclear program.

We're alright with you being an evil prick, just be polite about it.
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: January 23, 2012, 01:10:28 am »

Hey is the sequel CyberJudas any good?
Never played it. But from what I've heard, it's completely inferior. I've been trying to find a copy everywhere, so I can find out for myself.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0006FFW6Q/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1222023607&sr=1-1

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: January 23, 2012, 01:21:03 am »

I played Spelunky today.

Threw a vase or whatever those things are in an enclosed space, received jumping spider in the face.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: January 23, 2012, 03:34:44 am »

I played Spelunky today.

Threw a vase or whatever those things are in an enclosed space, received jumping spider in the face.

Ha, ha...

Spiders in the vases. They never get old...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: January 23, 2012, 03:37:17 am »

I played Spelunky today.

Ha, ha...

Spiders in the vases. They never get old...
Then there's the old,"Crush a shopkeeper with a boulder on accident, become wanted and get shotgun to the face at the end of every level" trick.
Oh, and let's not forget,"Accidentally throw a bomb while inside a store, receive free bullets."
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: January 23, 2012, 04:37:51 am »

That's why you always whip the vases open, then whip again.

As for the shopkeeper, if you want to enrage them, stand about a shop length away, have a rope if you need to climb up, and throw a bomb. Or, steal an item from them. If you're running at a full sprint you'll have about a second to find a way to avoid the bullets (the further they travel, the harder they are to avoid) and with luck you can draft him into a maneater  (doesn't kill him, just puts him out of action for a few seconds) or a bomb.

Free shotgun. Free whatever you want. I enraged shopkeepers in the Black Market when I had a shotgun and jetpack. Much fun and lewt was had, until i died to the seventh one.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: January 23, 2012, 05:28:06 am »

Decided to replay Little Big Adventure for the first time in, like, 16 years. Opened a door behind which a friendly-looking creature was standing. Turned out it wasn't so friendly. Back to start.

I'd forgotten how unforgiving this game is. You take damage from everything, including jogging into any obstacle. Desperately needs a quicksave.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: January 23, 2012, 05:33:15 am »

Headbutted by a charging goat-thing and launched off a cliff.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: January 23, 2012, 06:34:21 am »

Headbutted by a charging goat-thing and launched off a cliff.

All the different types of creatures are weak to different magics. Keep looking for their weakness (However giant boulders seem to kill everything equally). And maybe try a freeze spell or a simple no element push spell to throw them away. Or maybe a shield spell.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: January 23, 2012, 11:36:01 am »

Tried to stomp on a blue frog from high above. It jumped out of the way at the last second and then killed me.

Spelunky.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: January 23, 2012, 12:05:14 pm »

I decided that rushing the final objective with only a pistol and no backup was a good idea. I did manage to kill three or four of them before I bled out, though.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: January 24, 2012, 03:01:09 am »

"Hey, a [REDACTED]!. OHSHIT, BOULDER!"
*dodges boulder*
"DIE, VANDAL"
"Wait, what did I d- *recieves shotgun to the face*"

Spelunky.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: January 24, 2012, 06:58:07 am »

I failed my Thievery roll while attempting to steal a gem and fell off a boat, breaking my neck.

*Hugs*

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: January 24, 2012, 10:16:40 am »

After finishing a rather boring starter mining run, started to warp out. And warped right into the asteroid I had been abusing earlier.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 1575