Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373985 times)

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4605 on: January 14, 2012, 06:23:12 pm »

I clipped the edge of a hot air balloon with my ultralight aircraft.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: January 15, 2012, 03:08:30 am »

Sent in a crew of laser rifle armed, personal armor wearing, everyone several ranks above sergeant. The first hail of gunfire sends almost everyone into a panic like a bunch of fucking greenhorns, and most of them wind up shooting each other. 9 of the 14 fall in the first turn. The rest are mercilessly hunted down in the next, most of them blown to smithereens with expertly laid grenades at their feet, including the guy hiding in the Skyranger. The threat? Sectoids. I shot down a small craft in Alaska, and went to what was supposed to be a routine mop up mission.

I think this says it all.

Xcom.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: January 15, 2012, 03:52:59 am »

Found a star system with supposedly bad planets, only to find the 2nd best planet in the entire game... then got my force wiped out by a crystal with some kind of crystal power, only to have the easy AI give me a visit... and not leave

Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: January 15, 2012, 04:28:56 am »

Ran into a huge pack of deathclaws.

Oh hey, deathclaws. Better get out that alien blaster.
IS THAT A MOTHER DEATHCLAW?!
OH GOD THEY'RE EVERYWHERE

Fallout New Vegas.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: January 15, 2012, 04:37:20 am »

Fought a Night Creature wife, who had a cleaver, with my unarmed fighter, with no clothes.

Didn't end well.

Dwarf Fortress. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: January 15, 2012, 04:57:00 am »

My level 23 Yeek Mindslayer got toasted by a pack of luminous horrors. Again.

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: January 15, 2012, 05:01:47 am »

Got my Fighter ship melted down because I accidentally shelled a Ferian Colony, poor zoanthropes...

And, poor ship. There goes another High Score run.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: January 15, 2012, 09:06:47 am »

Got two ten-year-old girls murdered by a skeleton.

Seconding that. Sleeping the tank and then beating up the healer is not fair play.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: January 16, 2012, 01:34:44 am »

Was on the final battle of the first level--a big free-for-all in which I had to keep my ally alive because he was the only one that could lift the spell slowly sealing the gates to the prison we were trying to break out of.

I'd saved my special abilities for this, so things went quite well at first--I managed to take out the group at my end of the room quickly without losing too many followers, and joined battle against the main bad guy. I and my ally lost the rest of our followers, but there were no more enemy troops either, just the commander. Now it was two against one, and the bad guy was on the edge of death to boot. He quickly activated his temporary invulnerability--a cheap move, but it wouldn't save him for long. I hit the quicksave button so I could rewatch the impending ending sequence at my leisure--

--and he slew my ally on the very next hit, sealing my fate. And that of my save file.

So there I was, the lone survivor, trapped between two sealed doors. Behind one, the restless undead that had already consumed most of the prison guards. Behind the other, freedom--and an army mustering to break in and tear me to pieces. I'll always wonder which broke through first--or whether my character starved to death, wandering the blood-soaked hallways of the prison that would eventually become his tomb.

Note to self: Never, NEVER overwrite your save in the middle of battle.

Spoiler: (Game) (click to show/hide)
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: January 17, 2012, 10:34:46 am »

Found a drawbridge that was activated by a lever, apparently it has the same behavior as in DF. i got launched over the nearby castle, greeted an elder dragon in mid air and "landed" in a mountain. I died of fall damage.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:37:52 am by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: January 17, 2012, 11:02:02 am »

AFTER MANY PEOPLE ASKING WHAT GAME YOU ARE ON ABOUT IN THIS THREAD I HAVE MADE IT MANDATORY FOR YOU TO TELL US IN YOUR POST. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOU GETTING METEOR SWARM'D
TO DEATH.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: January 17, 2012, 12:31:18 pm »

Got two ten-year-old girls murdered by a skeleton.

Seconding that. Sleeping the tank and then beating up the healer is not fair play.
Thirding that. And also sleeping the healer while beating up the tank because I kinda suck at the controls.

EDIT: Not so much as death, being Harvest Moon, but bad planning. I thought I could manage 6 3x3 squares, or rather 12 3-tile rows of corn with just the watering can(first year, so no horse). And then a hurricane. And then, three or four days later, another hurricane. Over half my crops where lost. And that bastard livestock dealer won't let me buy chickens for "not enough grass".

Thankfully, the crops I had already harvested gave me enough money to expand the house, marry Ann, and enough left over to expand the house again for kids once I get enough wood, all in the first year. Granted, it won't leave me much left for seeds in Spring, unless I keep smuggling poisonous hallucinogenic(judging from my character's reaction to eating them) mushrooms through Peddler like a madman during the fall.

I wonder why I've never finished this game.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:12:27 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: January 17, 2012, 04:13:20 pm »

Gunned down by a British soldier with a Sten MK III. He camped in a doorway and everytime one of my team dared to even approach him, he just unloaded a full clip on them. Nobody could take that punishment and live. In the end, I threw dynamite, grenades and a few panzerfausts at him. The civilian in the adjoining room was considered to be unfortunate collateral damage.

Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: January 17, 2012, 04:47:41 pm »

Giant.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: January 18, 2012, 03:17:06 am »

spikes keep killing me ruining my score, so i have to restart. And i still get S ranks in dust/dirt removal.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:23:50 am by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 1575