Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374075 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4575 on: January 09, 2012, 10:38:28 pm »

Dammit, fixate on me, Looks like I have to use this spell I put on my cat bar just for this occasion.  *smite a rolling giant meteor with a moonbeam* *Shapeshift back into a flaming cat*

*Fixate on you*

Goddammit again? *shapeshift back out of cat form, throw another moonbeam at another meteor*  Ok that should take care of-
*Fixate on you*
Fucking hell... crap, this one's still immune to damage for a few seconds...
*Fixate on you* Oh comon leave me alone! *backing up spamming moonbeams in desperation*
*Fixate on you* I can't back up any farther! there's a pool of lava behind me! *barely manages to moonbeam them all away*

Whew... *gets pushed into the lava by an incredibly easy to avoid shockwave*

FUUUUUUUUUU

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Raid Leader: How the hell did you get so far out into the lava?  Did you run and jump or something?  I can't reach you with the rez.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: January 09, 2012, 10:51:03 pm »

Sprinting through the Rupture Farm stockyards with a horrifying scrab on my tail, my large leathery feet slapping across the rusty iron floor in time with my friend's leathery feet where he runs long a higher platform, I jump over several gaps, manage to clamber up onto a safe ledge and then use my ceremonial chanting to open a portal for my fellow escapee, whisking him away from this terrible place.
Then, I draw breath, glance down at the scrab, waiting for it to be in the right place... And jump down again.
I run all the way back, avoiding all the pitfalls and holes, clamber back up onto the ledge I reached this place from, and call out to another factory worker. Then, with him following me, I run back towards the portal to free him... Only for my 'triangle' button to experience some sort of latency, plunging me to my 9000th frustrating death down the last gap I had to jump.  ARRRGH. And now I have to do the whole thing over again...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: January 09, 2012, 10:57:46 pm »

Well, I crashed again in TU - 46. It's a flash airplane simulator where you attempt to fly from a passenger plane from airport to airport. I say attempt, because like every good airplane simulator it's fiendishly hard to master. Took me at least ten tries before I landed a plane successfully. Forty miles past the runway, that is. To complicate matters even more, every-so-often a part of the airplane likes to fail. On one flight the flaps got stuck in the take-off position, and another time the gears (aka landing gear) got jammed inside the airplane. Needless to say, both were Very Bad Thingstm and I didn't make the landing. Another time I was flying over the Pacific Ocean to Japan when the engines failed. "No problem," I thought, "That's why I'm flying at 4000 feet. I tap the engine start-up button and wait for them to come on. A split second after they come on, the engine fails again. "Crap," I thought to myself, as I had plummeted to around 2000 feet in the meantime. The engines came on with a roar, I went "Aha!" and then the plane crashed into the sea. Momentum can be a bitch sometimes.
Started playing this game. You can imagine how that went.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: January 10, 2012, 02:17:43 am »

I did a Battle Institute test with Revolver, Scutigera, Shuko and Cassandra.

Got up to the last one, who thought it was A-OK to use FOUR trio legendaries (Moltres, Virizion, Registeel and I didn't see the fourth) and lost pretty easily. The KO I got was Shuko using Stone Edge on the Moltres, critical and super-super effective for a massive damage multiple of x6 (rock hits both flying and fire for double damage and crits are a further x1.5.)

The Registeel kept up with support moves, then Virizion (being Grass/Fighting type with the ability Justified, which buffs attack every time a Dark attack hits it (basically Cassandra's only two attacks) Stone Edge'd Shuko, who got critted and fainted. Out comes Scutigera.

Registeel uses Iron Defense. D:
Virizion uses Stone Edge. Super effective and critical on Scutigera.
Sent out Revolver.
Because Revolver's fat and slow, Virizion one shots it with Leaf Blade.
Cassandra is the last one left. With a combination of Sucker Punch, Detect and Snatch, Cassandra managed to edge both Registeel and Virizion's health very low before Virizion managed a lucky hit with Sacred Sword.

Gah.

Revolver - Samurott (water, moves: surf, dive, hydro cannon, razor shell)
Scutigera - Scolipede (bug poison, moves: steamroller, protect, baton pass and poison tail)
Cassandra - Absol (dark, moves: Detect, sucker punch, snatch and night slash)
Shuko - Sawk (fighting, moves: stone edge, close combat, brick break and counter)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: January 10, 2012, 02:31:08 am »

Murdered by pirates off the coast of Athens. I had no weapons or armor, as I was just starting the game. Poor Ali Vezas.

Uncharted Waters 2

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: January 10, 2012, 03:00:36 am »

Entered a small, hardmode world in Terraria.

Receive 2400+ fall damage, despite wearing anti-fall damage equips and not falling.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: January 10, 2012, 03:16:59 am »

I's sendin da orky boyz east into da chaoz boyz territory, which ends wid us orky boyz racin to blow up da enemy fort, wit da racers bein a big demon wun and a lot of chaoz boyz n der black wunz, against da orky boyz and der red wunz(dey go fasta!) and a big 'uge dinosaur ting dat orky boyz kan ride in.

I wait a few turns to upgrade my honor guard. Then Chaos attacks the province I just took.
I think,"Eh, this'll be another long, drawn-out altercation between two forces that i'll win because the area starts with the exact same buildings.

For a few minutes it seems to be headed that way. I muster up my forces, prepare a new Squiggoth, and get ready to assault their new base.

Queue chaos rolling up with uncountable space marines, uncountable daemons, one of the huge large daemon prince things, their commander, and at least nine defilers(I lost count after about that number).
Before I can even get a squiggoth, four fully reinforced and upgraded shoota boyz squad, a pair of fully reinforced Nobz squads, and four wartrukks.

The fucking AI cheats, I swear!
Spoiler: game (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: January 10, 2012, 11:35:02 am »

Stepped on the elevator at Toro Bend and took 180 fall damage, after mutants had already nearly killed me while I was running back from the LifeNet bunker.
Fallen Earth

And then I fell from orbit, but it's cool cuz they went all Darth Vader on me and I was fine.
Mass Effect 2.
*Hugs*

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: January 10, 2012, 11:36:02 am »

Arma 2. Dear. Fucking. God. I didn't realize it was THAT realistic.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: January 10, 2012, 11:58:57 am »

You think so? Realism pretty died everytime I got hit and the medic got me back up as if it was just a scratch.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: January 10, 2012, 01:00:56 pm »

True, but my squad didn't survive long enough for me to experience that feature. The speed at which you die is certainly realistic.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: January 10, 2012, 01:11:15 pm »

Bear trap that I didn't see in time.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: January 10, 2012, 02:27:26 pm »

Already had experience with how badly trying to force a battle I'm underleveled for can turn out, so despite already being several waves into the spambot attack special event, when the two Floras supported by an Array jumped in against my Tug and pair of Colts with blue-tier equipment, I didn't even try to rebuild after they wiped me the first time. Time to go grind some more.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: January 10, 2012, 05:31:31 pm »

Stalkers.  They can go die in a fire.  Preferably from my flamer.

Through pain, I find wisdom.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4589 on: January 10, 2012, 06:50:00 pm »

That damn tank.

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 1575