Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374239 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4380 on: December 17, 2011, 04:21:37 pm »

The very first dungeon door I've found was locked, so naturally I kicked it.

Exploded right into my face.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I already forgot how cruel that game can be...

Your suppose to make a hole int he door first, to stop the explosion. At least that's what it's like in real life in fire emergency situations.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: December 17, 2011, 04:33:38 pm »

The very first dungeon door I've found was locked, so naturally I kicked it.

Exploded right into my face.

I already forgot how cruel that game can be...
Kicking from a diagonal direction seems to increase your chances of dodging whatever trap(and allows you to completely escape falling doors, since they only fall forward). Throwing an anvil around helps, too.

I remember that now :P

I just haven't played the game in two years or so, so I was rusty.... now I'm doing fine with my gnome wizard :D
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: December 17, 2011, 05:32:15 pm »

Who the fuck thought that putting homing bullets into a bullet hell game was such a brilliant idea?

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: December 17, 2011, 05:37:28 pm »

A Zombine ran at me with a grenade. I tried to back out through the doorway but Alyx was standing there being "helpful." I was blown up by the grenade as well as the several explosives carelessly strewn around me that the grenade set off.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: December 17, 2011, 10:37:06 pm »

I was sneaking my 2 squads of riflemen and single squad of Panzergrenadiers up to a British armored vehicle, open top, machinegun, to toss a couple grenades and take it out.

Out of fucking nowhere, 5 or 6 of the damn things roll over the hill and shred my squads. Guess that's what I get for attacking the 1st Mechanized Infantry with nothing but infantry.

Men of War: Assault Squad. Dynamic Campaign Generator.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: December 18, 2011, 02:27:47 am »

Who the fuck thought that putting homing bullets into a bullet hell game was such a brilliant idea?

Don't most bullet hell games have homing bullets?
Love that game, BTW. Just got it from the Humble Bundle.
----------------------------
OT: Exploded into chunky bits from touching fruit.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: December 18, 2011, 03:36:56 am »

I showed the captain a body I found in engineering. Turns out, it was one of the captain's previous victims.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: December 18, 2011, 04:12:10 am »

So, what's the deal with SS13? (by which I mean what kind of game is it, how is it played, etc.) I might check it out since a few of the deaths on here are fairly ridiculous. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: December 18, 2011, 04:24:19 am »

Plump Helmet Punk has a decent amount of videos about it. They should show the game fairly well... and provide decent entertainment.

...At least from the viewpoint of someone who has never played it myself.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: December 18, 2011, 04:58:25 am »

Playing SH5, when mod conflict caused silly things to happen and I was DEAD.

So I open up JSGME and try to deactivate mods.. derp.. mods cross-conflicting so I couldn't remove them.. well shit, nothing helped and I figured I'd just reinstall.

HA HA HA, OH WOW

Ubisoft doesn't ever remember me electronically purchasing Silent Hunter 5 about a week after it was released. At all. I even emailed support. Funny, because I have SH5 related achievements on my profile. CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: December 18, 2011, 05:25:23 am »

Yeeeaaah, be glad you could play it in the first place.

Crash landed on the mun, only going ~1.5 m/s on impact, but the ground wasn't anywhere near level, so it tipped my rocket over, irreparably severing the connection between the command pod and the rest of the rocket.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:31:38 am by Peewee »

Nulzilcho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: December 18, 2011, 08:05:46 am »

Donning my fedora I hurry down the steps from the Taraldsen residence and move towards my car on the curb, squinting into the late-afternoon California sun. I'm uncertain about Lars's explanation for his actions before his wife's murder, but figure any misgivings can wait until I see if his alibi checks out. Maybe I should have a patrolman sit on the house until then to make sure he doesn't split. Just work the evidence Phelps, n-.

Lost in thought I don't see the Cadillac and the driver doesn't see me. As I reach for the drivers-side door handle it sideswipes me from behind pinning my left arm in front of me and my right behind, shattering both wrists and numerous small bones. Grunting in pain and surprise I struggle only to find I'm completely trapped. The driver - stunned by what is happening - fails to stop, letting his car roll inexorably forward crushing and rolling me further between the two vehicles.

The horrible keening sound is me and my partner Galloway is gaping at me from the passenger seat as my ribs break and I feel something pop inside me with a hot bloom of pain. My head is swimming and I'm still letting out that strangled scream as my whole world fades to grey.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #4392 on: December 18, 2011, 11:58:48 pm »

I died from cold.
Then, next round, I became a malf AI's security borg and began 'detaining' everyone. Which involved stunning them, handcuffing them, then beating them to death.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: December 19, 2011, 12:05:38 am »

Died instantly upon spawning, supposedly by falling.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: December 19, 2011, 12:07:05 am »

Failed to behead a vampire in three axe swings. Presumably he killed me afterwards, i dunno what happened. :\

Off-topic, everytime I try to connect to the BS12 server BYOND fails. This makes me :(. On the other hand I spectated a different space station and witnessed some absolute hilarity. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 1575