Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374128 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4365 on: December 14, 2011, 11:42:44 pm »

-snipped- by Reudh because it was rude

As for your

"TES V. OH WAIT THAT IS TOO OBSCURE; Skyrim." shit, why mock me? If i'm on an internet connection that's stretched paper thin, then one more tab might bring it down. Jeeze. I know Wiki and Google aren't especially heavy, but it would've been faster if he'd simply mentioned it rather than me having to cross-reference my facts every time someone mentions a game.

Jeeze, calm down.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 11:45:00 pm by Reudh »

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: December 15, 2011, 12:21:47 am »

I agree with Reudh, who cares if he asked for the name of a game, I have never heard of APB.
And posting memes and asking for games isn't exactly "Wrong". If your example had to do with thinking it's okay to murder someone because someone else did, I would understand... but we're talking about video games, on a forum based around Dwarf Fortress.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: December 15, 2011, 01:09:52 am »

I have tried out many games based off this thread. THAT's why you add the name.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: December 15, 2011, 01:11:23 am »

Alright, everyone needs to take five and chill out. Anyone can make an honest mistake.

OT: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*BOOM*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: December 15, 2011, 01:12:26 am »

I have tried out many games based off this thread. THAT's why you add the name.

this.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: December 15, 2011, 01:35:59 am »

My last game was the latest stronghold 3

Building out a makeshift bowmen squad to put on my walls, i have just enough to stop them before they get to my wall, everything seem to go fine

And no save
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: December 15, 2011, 01:48:18 am »

Dungeons of Dredmor, ran into the floor 3 monster zoo. Slaughtering left and right, but then suddenly invisible named boss diggle that does 11 damage per hit (I had 71 hp) and I'm down.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #4372 on: December 15, 2011, 04:12:27 am »

I stabbed myself in the stomach and my bodyguard/someone sliced my head off to finish me.

[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: December 15, 2011, 04:52:40 am »

Slaughtered everything on the 2nd floor of the Puppy Cave dungeon, went to explore the one tiny room I hadn't entered and got absolutely WTFPWNRAPED in 1 hit by a Lizardman. First of all, HOW THE FUCK does something in a level 2 dungeon murder me when I'm very well-armored, and second of all, I've never seen a Lizardman before. No damn clue how in the hell it randomly found its way to a newbie low-level dungeon where I 1-hit everything with my bow. (and I'm a horrible bowman).

Elona. Haven't played in months, but I'm back to playing it. >_> I never resurrect my characters unless they're very well-off and worth it. This was such an odd death that I decided to savescum to a few moments earlier and promptly haul ass the fuck out of the dungeon.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: December 16, 2011, 11:13:12 pm »

Due to intense graphics lag, I was unable to hit my healing spell 'Radiating Aura' in time against some level 5 gangsta who shot me to pieces.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: December 17, 2011, 05:51:32 am »

The very first dungeon door I've found was locked, so naturally I kicked it.

Exploded right into my face.

I already forgot how cruel that game can be...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: December 17, 2011, 09:01:34 am »

Even though I'm a horse lancer build I decided to help my Nord allies attack Sudo (or something along those lines) owned by some red country.   Taking part in the battle meant that I would be using my lance on foot which obviously isn't ideal, but I didn't have another weapon handy and it seemed pretty one sided favoring my guys so I wasn't worried.

So I climb up the ladders and perch near the top poking at the defenders trying to keep me from getting onto the wall because I completely outrange them by a mile with my big pointy stick vs their small metal club.  The nords and my own troops from the other ladder manage to take the wall in front of me thanks to my incessant kidney poking and I hop up too to take part. 

We take the defenders out but more keep showing up.  And soon enough from my own not paying attention I am the only attacker left on the wall.  I hold for a short time until defenders start showing up behind me too and jump back to my ladder.  Except I kinda lost track of where my ladder was and jumped out the wrong gap in the fortifications.  I fall and take 15 damage knocking me out.

On my way back to the nord capital I get intercepted by a small war party and with my greatly weakened guards and my low health I am easily captured and my remaining personal army gets scattered to the winds.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: December 17, 2011, 09:39:20 am »

*sneaks into the next room of the dungeon*
Necromancer: "...and then I was all like: What up bro and he-"
*sound of rattling bones as my follower attempts to rip the gaudy decorations out of the roof*
Necromancer: "It's the Fuzz! Cheese it!"
*seeing that there's no escape they both summon fire daemons and ready their most powerful fire spells*
Follower: "This calls for my fiery death wall spell and the STAFF OF FIERY APOCALYPSE!"
Me: "Is that oil on the ground."

I swear that the entire world just exploded over the course of five seconds.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: December 17, 2011, 11:54:21 am »

Yay! After a certain scene with two dragons on the Throat of the World, I decided to test out that Ethereal shout. I leapt off the highest point of the Throat of the World, but I forgot to make a quicksave/sleep, then cancel in rapid succesion to make an autosave, and as I was falling, I learned the hard way that you can't use shouts in mid-air.

Cue dying and sliding off the mountain at high velocities.

And I'm back to the beginning of the aforementioned certain scene, and I have to fight that dragon again...

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: December 17, 2011, 01:48:20 pm »

Took a strategy of island-hopping, destroying every enemy on it, then setting up towers to keep them from re-settling there. Eventually, I was on the island closest to their main base, their navy being constantly sunk by my laser ships, their costal facilities and aircraft bombed by laser planes, and both navy and coastal buildings took a good smashing from across the water with my laser artillery(by the endgame, everything is laser). I was preparing to move my troops onto their main island.

Then all of a sudden many Marines attacking my everything. The laser towers, they do nothing.

The very first dungeon door I've found was locked, so naturally I kicked it.

Exploded right into my face.

I already forgot how cruel that game can be...
Kicking from a diagonal direction seems to increase your chances of dodging whatever trap(and allows you to completely escape falling doors, since they only fall forward). Throwing an anvil around helps, too.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 1575