Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374365 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4230 on: November 27, 2011, 09:43:59 pm »

The dark counterpart of god, Gaia, threw a bolt of lightning at me. Somehow my companion and I survived it.

Then Gaia swooped down and with another strike I was down.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: November 28, 2011, 12:29:06 am »

Stumbled into the enemy carrier and was immediately mobbed by fighters and destroyed.

Carrier command.  ONLY REAL MEN PLAY GAMES FROM 1988
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: November 28, 2011, 12:47:33 am »

Midnight Wanderers is from 1991... Close enough.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: November 28, 2011, 01:57:31 am »

Went in to retrieve a fragment of a long forgotten axe, with only my companion to guide me. Made it through most of the place unscathed, but once I got the fragment, the fun started.

Four enemies at a significantly higher level than me spawned. After judicious use of potions and watching my fairly useless companion fall multiple times, I ran to a stairway in the hopes that I could fight them one at a time. After killing them, four more spawned. And four more after that. I made it to 10 before getting the bright idea to Shout, which inadvertently caused the big boss of the room to pop out of his coffin and disarm me, leading to my quick demise.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: November 28, 2011, 01:59:26 am »

Shot by the wall-hacking projectiles of a fire imp. My iron armor didn't stand a chance.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #4235 on: November 28, 2011, 02:23:47 am »

Tryin to sneak up on sum bandits :D

Stalker
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 02:36:21 am by JamesCorella »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: November 28, 2011, 02:24:36 am »

Game crashed.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: November 28, 2011, 02:27:01 am »

Walking along a thin bridge. Oops, I fell into some magma.
Minecraft
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: November 28, 2011, 03:10:40 am »

Space Station 13, Gibbed 4 server.

I joined as an assistant 22 minutes into the round, and the HoP was dead. I decided to become a shopkeeper, so I gathered a few misc items, filled a couple of soda bottles with welding fuel and called them 'mystery sodas', and took up a stall in the public market. Business went somewhat slow, until someone constructed reinforced walls that trapped me and a janitor shopkeeper in the market.we didn't have the tools to escape . We had a little robusting contest (which I lost) and then someone started dismantling the wall blocking us in, but didn't fully know how to. I decided to give the engineer a little time pressure, so I smashed open a window leading into space. Me and the janitor died, and our corpses were dragged to MEDBAY. Not med-sci, MEDBAY. We weren't revived that round, and had a good laugh about it in deadchat.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #4239 on: November 28, 2011, 05:51:43 am »

Went in to retrieve a fragment of a long forgotten axe, with only my companion to guide me. Made it through most of the place unscathed, but once I got the fragment, the fun started.

Four enemies at a significantly higher level than me spawned. After judicious use of potions and watching my fairly useless companion fall multiple times, I ran to a stairway in the hopes that I could fight them one at a time. After killing them, four more spawned. And four more after that. I made it to 10 before getting the bright idea to Shout, which inadvertently caused the big boss of the room to pop out of his coffin and disarm me, leading to my quick demise.

Would they happen to be Draugr? During your Trial to become a Companion?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: November 28, 2011, 06:02:20 am »

Anyone here play Civ V or EU3? I've got a group of 6 people, Bay12er buddies and family, who play Civ V daily. Also looking for people to Play EU3 with :P
I play Civ 5, but not exactly daily. The long time to load the game, and then a save puts me off I guess.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: November 28, 2011, 06:24:50 am »

I play Civ IV, is that good enough?

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: November 28, 2011, 07:07:58 am »

Would they happen to be Draugr? During your Trial to become a Companion?
I know what he means, and that room makes space invaders seem underpopulated.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: November 28, 2011, 08:10:51 am »

I fought an eldritch creature from another dimension. Every so often, it would let its guard down enough that I could grab the crystals required to weaken the portal it was climbing through.

Of course, it threw a rock at me which somehow bypassed the protection of my god, which killed me.

SUCH A HAXOR. Its ranged attack either maxes or misses, and it's absurdly accurate. The level 54 Stomp hits 175 with its THROWN ROCK without protection, and 88 with. It heals an absurd amount of damage if you don't charge the crystals in 10 seconds. Of course, it can block these crystals or the lodestones they go on...

Naturally, despite my superior HP and Defense for my level (710 LP and 70 defense) Stomp routed me. I burned through all my food quick smart trying to outheal his odd prayer-penetrating rocks and gave up after seven deaths, of which six were from Stomp blocking the lodestones or crystals off and me running out of prayer to defend myself with and promptly falling. I hate that boss. I hate it. SO UNBALANCED.

It healed, probably... 4 or five times? For a total of i'm estimating 1800LP. That took AGES for me to whittle down.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: November 28, 2011, 10:17:16 am »

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 1575