Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374480 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4200 on: November 22, 2011, 04:45:56 am »

I recall having quite some fun with the ammo trucks in man of war and the strange ways arty ammo reacts (Normal shells won't do anything when blown up - arty shells, like katusya rockets explode violently) - ram into the enemy tank, drag-drop the rockets out of the truck as you ride along (magic!) and then the truck explodes there tank is send off spiralling over half the map. More extreme tanks, like KTs might surive and end up on there back or therelike.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: November 22, 2011, 06:46:40 am »

I had more than 3 neighbours.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: November 22, 2011, 08:09:02 am »

darkest hour? the mod game on steam? ^

think he means the Hearts of Iron(lite) game.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: November 22, 2011, 08:17:32 am »

I was standing near disposal with three corpses near me, two of them not fully dead and my own doing. I decided to pretend to start dragging one to genetics to be revived, and finish the job on the way there. As soon as I rounded the corner, I saw the captain, who stunned me with his energy gun. Before I could even type what I wanted to say, my pockets were emptied and my cylume saber and cryptographic sequencer were discovered. Realizing that my round was ruined, and that I'll inevitably fail my objectives, I promptly committed suicide and logged out.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: November 22, 2011, 01:36:42 pm »

I recall having quite some fun with the ammo trucks in man of war and the strange ways arty ammo reacts (Normal shells won't do anything when blown up - arty shells, like katusya rockets explode violently) - ram into the enemy tank, drag-drop the rockets out of the truck as you ride along (magic!) and then the truck explodes there tank is send off spiralling over half the map. More extreme tanks, like KTs might surive and end up on there back or therelike.
I was going to do something like set some AP mines in buildings then drop artillery shells in them for some nice booby traps, but there were no buildings and the map was this hellishly small 1 vs 1... Place. Within 5 minutes, both of us had our entire sides of the map covered in mines and all our soldiers were entrenched, then I started bombarding him with nebelwerfer rockets and he fired back. When I found his howitzers it mostly became a counter-artillery battle for both of us.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: November 22, 2011, 03:58:43 pm »

Spanish Civil War '36 breaks out, and I decide, screw history, Direct Intervention is the way to go. Instead of everything working out properly, Republican Spain loses the entire northern half of Spain, and instead when i take it back, it's considered French Occupied territory. Thanks to my intervention, I'm down around 12,000 men, Spain is so war torn it wont ever be able to face Germany, and all that time I could have been building up an army to cover the belgian front was spent resupplying my war efforts. Hitler must be laughing at me now.
Ok maybe not a death, but its imminent.

EDIT: Casulties (more than likely includes POWs, since I cant image we slaughtered the armies we encircled) of the Spanish Civil War of 36-37
Nationalist Spain: 134,568
Republican Spain: 24,729
France: 11,845
United Kingdom: 9,503
Australian Expeditionary Force: 687

Total: 181,332 Casulties
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:09:08 pm by Silent_Thunder »

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #4206 on: November 22, 2011, 04:00:47 pm »

KV with a 152mm cannon got a lucky shot in. I didn't have a hope in hell. World of Tanks.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: November 22, 2011, 04:02:30 pm »

I blew a giant armadillo-like ant's legs off with a combination of machine gun fire, rockets, and HE grenades, then jumped into its mouth to deal heavy damage to its insides. Unfortunately it had smaller parasites in it and given that the, ahem, other end was lined with spikes I was too injured to survive the, double ahem, exit.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: November 22, 2011, 05:32:04 pm »

1862 - Robert E. Lee flanked the exausted army of the Potomac and attacked my troops forming in Washington, barely any had any leaders yet. 60,000 men. We lost 8000 yankee soldiers for 6000 of his, and hes still there.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: November 22, 2011, 05:58:47 pm »

The spawnpoint was underwater. OH NO! SWIM UP FASTLY!!!! Okay I'm safe now, ooh a bridge let's climb on and walk down the road hey look skeletons die you bony assholes ARGH NOO WHY CAN'T I HOLD DOWN THE MOUSE BUTTON TO AUTOSWING SAVE ME ARRARGH dead
Minecraft
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: November 25, 2011, 01:46:43 pm »

Joachim Armster. Seriously, fucking ow.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: November 25, 2011, 01:49:53 pm »

Tried to use a shotgun to kill a rocket firing bio-mech at close range.  Turns out rockets are hard to dodge at close range.   :P

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: November 25, 2011, 02:04:31 pm »

Self-propelled artillery broke the back of my assault force, which was most of my current army and I had no points left.

Men of War: Assault Squad

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: November 25, 2011, 02:31:37 pm »

Turducken. Many times.

Fallen Earth.
*Hugs*

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: November 25, 2011, 05:07:53 pm »

Was in my T29 with another teammate, we're the last 2 alive, and there was an E8, an upgraded T29 and someone else (possibly a Wolverine) attacking me. They finally blow up my teammate and I take out the E8, but of course a shot to the ass finally brought me down.

World of Tanks.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 1575