Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374918 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4080 on: November 02, 2011, 10:48:00 am »

Gandhi wound up being the only guy on the continent with Uranium. Predictable results.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NEVER THREATEN THE PACIFIST

pacifist, my big fat broken rump.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4081 on: November 02, 2011, 11:05:07 am »

Gandhi wound up being the only guy on the continent with Uranium. Predictable results.

I gotta play Civilization again. Not often you get to hear about Ghandi taking a violent path; or having advanced technology researched by the time Christ is born.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 11:07:09 am by Itnetlolor »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: November 02, 2011, 11:20:45 am »

I gotta play Civilization again. Not often you get to hear about Ghandi taking a violent path; or having advanced technology researched by the time Christ is born.
I always go German, technological, then military. I research tons of stuff, maybe occasionally trading a few useless happy tech away for more crucial ones. Then I charge with tanks and nuclear weapons at the swordsmen.

R I WIZRD?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: November 02, 2011, 01:28:39 pm »

Ah Gandhi, i remember our nuclear standoff in Civ3, too bad my SDI Defense ruled and my army of jets blew up all of your ICBMs :D

In other news, ran into a zombie pile, thought it be ok so ran like hell into a house, opened a room and 5 skeletons.......
checked inventory: Glock 19 with 20 shots, Steak Knife X(

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: November 02, 2011, 05:38:14 pm »

Myself and 2 Bay12ers have been playing CIV V multiplayer with !!FUN!! results. Last game myself and Edio, a fellow RP GM, were allied and facing the vastly superior forces of Alexander the Great contained on 3 sprawling islands in the western hemisphere, between my tiny island(only had 3 cities) and her larger island(only 1 city, but ridiculous range. Convinced her to build a second city when we met up when caravels came about). We were going to attempt to beat back the Greeks with my vast and superior Navy and her ground troops, but god damn Songhai decided to declare war on me out of the blue. Since he had just met the Greeks, I'd assume my man Alexios paid them to keep me occupied, sigh. As Songhai's troops bore down on my cities, my longbowmen held them back while my Navy was preoccupied with sinking whatever transports came about. (playing as England every time. Oh yeah, Ship of the Line and Longbowmen are my specialty; range and navy!)

The game died due to immense lag right as the first wave of Greek units began to land on my shores, and Songhai's shores, as well as head toward's Edio's Rome. Apparently Alex was so cocky he thought he could take on all three at once.

Never did find out the outcome of that one. :|

CIV V, of course, with Bay12ers. Playing as England, Edio as Romans, and my other friend as America.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: November 02, 2011, 07:26:59 pm »

I should get back into the CIV series. I've fond memories of Civ 2 on my windows 3.1, and I have a spare copy of Civ4 lying about somewhere. :P

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: November 02, 2011, 08:16:36 pm »

Get V so we can set up a nice huge-world archipelago B12 game :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: November 02, 2011, 10:13:48 pm »

A living meteor made of lava rolled up my ass while I was too busy paying attention to the specific order I was clawing and biting a giant fire elemental to see it coming.

Naturally, I died.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: November 02, 2011, 10:16:45 pm »

No weapons, so I searched a hardware store looking for anything of use. While I was combing through all the goodies, a zombie showed up at the door and stormed in after me. I grabbed a pot off the shelf and beat it to death and ran out the store. Later, I dropped the pot and made a wooden spear with a steak knife. I found a skeleton afterwards, and started to fight. I lost my weapon, then broke the skeleton in half with my BARE HANDS LIKE A REAL MAN. Then I got jumped by 10 zombies, take a guess at who won.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: November 03, 2011, 04:29:27 am »

I started a 0-tolerance to communism policy and started to bomb the Soviet Union. They nuked me. Twice. It took up their whole nuke supply. I declared war on them, shipping my troops to Turkey before the radiation could get to them. I then nuked the Soviets with what was remaining from my nuclear arsenal. 110 nukes.  The war was long and only ended once Turkey had surrendered. It reduced the Soviet Union's soldier count to 0, however. In the end, North Korea was the one defending the Soviets.

They eventually nuked me. I swore revenge on Korea. After a few months, I started a war on Mexico. I eventually began to lose the war due to the support from Soviet troops in Cuba. I got my nuclear arsenal back and autonuked them due to the high ambition and extremely low ethic that the US had at the time. I then took over Mexico. I checked what nukes I had left. I had enough to wreack some havoc on a small nation. I decided to visit an old "friend" of mine. The so called "best Korea". After nuking them, I sent an agent in to assassinate their leader who was lucky enough to survive the large nuclear strike.

Then China nuked me. People attempted to coup China but failed. Eventually, a single assassin from Iraq sniped me, ending the game.

Shadow President.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: November 03, 2011, 04:43:53 am »

Pushed forwarded too fast for the infantry to keep up, ended up surrounded by enemies and being blasted from all directions with AT fire, and no infantry near by to sweep them up. I like to think I put up a good fight, but inevitably went boom.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: November 03, 2011, 07:49:54 am »

1 shot from a gauss rifle from a guy in the building across from the one I was taking cover in. And then again. And then again. And then the game crashed.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: November 03, 2011, 08:38:44 am »

Bulletholes through the screen.
And I was going so well with my combined Canada/USSR invasion to...
 :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: November 03, 2011, 09:23:31 am »

Monstro II.

:(

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: November 03, 2011, 02:54:08 pm »

Caravaneer.

Went north and west of Merdin, where I first got modern weaponry. Pretty soon, bandit caravans are coming from every direction, but I'm moving along at a nice 5 kph, similar to their speed. When suddenly a group on motor vehicles shows up. 13 guys, not too bad, but they put up more of a fight (read: actually wounded my main guy) than everyone before because they actually had decent weapons.

Right after dispatching them comes another one. 21 guys. Ho-lee-schist that guy threw that grenade far, and other such things. But yeah, back-to-back big battles, and if I had made it out I would've been mobbed by the low-tech bandits.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 1575