Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374904 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4050 on: October 31, 2011, 09:00:21 pm »

It was getting late so I took my sleeping pills hopped on the bed and had some well needed rest. I awoke to a muffled thumping outside my door. Fast zombie! Quickly dispatching it with my shotgun I went to see where it came from and spotted another in my living room. Once that was taken care of I ran outside and saw a crowd of zombies spitters and electric shooters. I snorted a bit of coke and fought my way through a few before running out of ammo in both my shotty and .22. I run from the crowd as fast zombies slash me to bits. I struggled to outrun them tossing a molotov at them when I notices a gas station. Near dead with zombies biting at my heels I did the only logical thing passed it with the crowd nearby and tossed a molotov. Oddly enough that's not what killed me. What killed me was the zombies who were able to keep pace or just plain sidestepped the inferno of death. Half dead with no ammo I was clawed, gnawed, and zapped to death.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I somehow knew what it was at "sleeping pills"  ;)

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: October 31, 2011, 09:27:25 pm »

Capturing a base in the middle of the desert by myself, and an enemy transport chopper full of troops comes flying towards me. All I have is a SCAR-H and my SMAW non-guided rocket launcher, so I hide behind some crates until they're close. I pop up, aim my launcher, and fire it directly into them.

It comes down and crashes directly on top of me.

As epic as it sounds, only one of them died... they were low enough to survive the fall except for the pilot (who took the rocket blast in the face).

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: October 31, 2011, 09:40:24 pm »

It was getting late so I took my sleeping pills hopped on the bed and had some well needed rest. I awoke to a muffled thumping outside my door. Fast zombie! Quickly dispatching it with my shotgun I went to see where it came from and spotted another in my living room. Once that was taken care of I ran outside and saw a crowd of zombies spitters and electric shooters. I snorted a bit of coke and fought my way through a few before running out of ammo in both my shotty and .22. I run from the crowd as fast zombies slash me to bits. I struggled to outrun them tossing a molotov at them when I notices a gas station. Near dead with zombies biting at my heels I did the only logical thing passed it with the crowd nearby and tossed a molotov. Oddly enough that's not what killed me. What killed me was the zombies who were able to keep pace or just plain sidestepped the inferno of death. Half dead with no ammo I was clawed, gnawed, and zapped to death.
I'm imagining a hardened survivor covered in bandoliers with grenades, ammo, handguns, all that stuff running through a crowd of zombies snorting coke. Somebody needs to draw that.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: November 01, 2011, 12:36:12 am »

demon wolf.
But there are no demon wolves in Doom at all.
Waiiit... fail...
I mean D00M RPG...
 :-\
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #4054 on: November 01, 2011, 11:50:19 am »

I couldn't figure out how to get through the map, went through 4 suppressors on my m14 sniper rifle (really a full auto assault rifle but I use it single shot for headshots) supporting the rebels assault the PMC held mansion and my psyche was low and my stress high because the battle went on for too long. So I head to the back of the map to lay down in the shade and relax a bit and get a rifle butt to the face from one of the rebels that I was helping.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: November 01, 2011, 11:55:22 am »

And then you were bludgeoned to death with a string of large, red capitalised letters by people who get really annoyed by those who don't give the name of the game.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: November 01, 2011, 12:00:52 pm »

MGS4

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: November 01, 2011, 12:04:20 pm »

The pilot of the gunship I was riding in disconnected while I was gunning down some grunts with the minigun. Subsequently crashed into a building which I survived, until the building collapsed on me.

Damn it, all this damn of destructible buildings is making me want to buy BF3 friday when I get my next paycheck. Is it really that good?

Just looks like Another 1st Person Shooter™ to me.

I got shot in the head.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: November 01, 2011, 12:17:21 pm »

Mobbed by those grunts in Voxatron.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: November 01, 2011, 12:20:12 pm »

Battlefield is a first person shooter where you can drive tank through a building or dogfight in a FA-18 and has battlefields and player counts of sufficient scale that that is actually practical. It is a FPS, but it is an FPS that pushes the boundaries of what you can do. It isn't just another call of duty.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: November 01, 2011, 12:23:51 pm »

Battlefield is a first person shooter where you can drive tank through a building or dogfight in a FA-18 and has battlefields and player counts of sufficient scale that that is actually practical. It is a FPS, but it is an FPS that pushes the boundaries of what you can do. It isn't just another call of duty.

Are you the Official Spokesperson™?
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: November 01, 2011, 12:47:27 pm »

As a long-time player of Metal Gear, Call of Duty, Battlefield, and the like, I'd like to say those are the only shooters I've ever enjoyed. MGS and Battlefield more than anything else.

Besides that, the vast majority of my game collection are strategy and RPG games.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: November 01, 2011, 12:53:48 pm »

Nope, I just enjoyed battlefield 1942 and mods. There are a crap ton of call of duty clones right now, just like there were a lot of quake clones back in the day. Battlefield isn't a clone.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: November 01, 2011, 12:55:17 pm »

He is right, battlefield is original in their little world.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: November 01, 2011, 12:57:54 pm »

Agreed. I even loved 1943, the online download-only version set in WWII. FUN stuff! Had a lot of fun shooting down Jap fighters, going on bombing runs, and snipping the shit out of everyone.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 1575