Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375141 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3945 on: October 25, 2011, 12:11:15 pm »

Fallen Earth, and I are not a he.
*Hugs*

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: October 25, 2011, 12:11:44 pm »

As if minecraft is the only game to contain something called a creeper.

I can see it beign a different game, where you actually CAN skin something called a creeper.

EDIT:
Fallen Earth, and I are not a he.
There you go

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: October 25, 2011, 12:16:13 pm »

Massive Multi-Generation inbreeding slowly brought my empire to its knees when my King fell into insanity and sparked a massive civil war, tearing the Mighty German Empire into a cluster of idiotically hostile nation-states.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: October 25, 2011, 12:22:08 pm »

That's why you grab the psyclones and check the bodies for valuables before dropping the timed nades and going full auto with the autocannons.  I usually have one fast guy wearing only a breastplate with a belt full of incendiary grenades running around the cleared rooms collecting loot from bodies and psyclones running back to drop them in a safe spot that I take care not to burninate with the holy flames of justice.  I do lose a little bit of loot when they decide to wander into burning rooms and die, but it is worth it in my mind.

Really does terrible things to the cult's money numbers, and incendiary stuff is hard to run out of when you don't use it for 80% of your missions.

I haven't figured out how to actually pick up items yet... I know how (inventory) in XCOM: UFO Defense, but I can't seem to figure how to pick shit up in Apocalypse. I'm about to start a new game, sell all my cars, buy planes, keep my APC cause it holds an entire squad, and maybe buy some of those fast bikes and stick missile launchers on them for UFO defense. This is my 4th playthrough, and I'm actually having !!FUN!! while dying :)
To pick up items in Apocalypse, stand on the tile with the item(I think one of the surrounding tiles will work too), and open the inventory screen(the button between and above the equipped item icons at the bottom-center of the screen). It should be as part of the items on the ground.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: October 25, 2011, 02:58:58 pm »

Recoil from repeated scrap musket shots knocked me into a hole in the pipe-smoke platform.  Fell into the void.  Falling back onto the platform used up the last of my health, or possibly I fell into some blue slime.  And I was at the last reflection, too!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: October 25, 2011, 03:11:15 pm »

Recoil from repeated scrap musket shots knocked me into a hole in the pipe-smoke platform.  Fell into the void.  Falling back onto the platform used up the last of my health, or possibly I fell into some blue slime.  And I was at the last reflection, too!

Wat? That defeats the purpose and just pisses everyone off. Namely, me. What's the point?

Inb4 'for the lulz and/or for the suspense'

Fuck suspense, I want to know :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: October 25, 2011, 03:16:25 pm »

Wat? That defeats the purpose and just pisses everyone off. Namely, me. What's the point?

Probably some low quality steampunk mod for minecraft or something  :P

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: October 25, 2011, 03:17:26 pm »

It's really not that hard to figure out what games people are talking about when they use specific item names and such.
*Hugs*

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: October 25, 2011, 03:20:37 pm »

Probably some low quality steampunk mod for minecraft or something  :P

IT MUST BE KNOWN!

I found out through google XD

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: October 25, 2011, 03:48:13 pm »

It's really not that hard to figure out what games people are talking about when they use specific item names and such.

...Yeah, okay. Like there aren't 100 games using the same exact item/creature/place names. :P

People think game names are unique. Unless you do what I do and make your own language, you're just basing it off of real names and trust me, its all been done. I play games and laugh because hear people go 'oh wow that's unique!' and you can literally trace item, place and creature names to existing past games and real-life locations. :)

Its fun, actually, to see where their ideas came from. Gives a lot of interesting insight into the originating background on which the story was built. A SURPRISING amount of games use an Arabic/Indian theme, oddly enough.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: October 25, 2011, 04:24:17 pm »

Or you could google "Scrap Musket" and look at the first twenty or so results.
*Hugs*

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: October 25, 2011, 04:39:16 pm »

Well, it says it in the first post, and people repeatedly ask for it, and it literally only takes a few seconds to type it out.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: October 25, 2011, 08:11:46 pm »

Well, it says it in the first post, and people repeatedly ask for it, and it literally only takes a few seconds to type it out.

And yet, more than half the fun is in concealing the info to intrigue you all.

Edit:
'for the lulz and/or for the suspense'

Pretty much.  So what's wrong with that?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:14:34 pm by 0x517A5D »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: October 25, 2011, 08:23:03 pm »

Because whenever you try to 'intrigue' us, the only thing we're thinking is how to find your address so we can come to your house and strangle you for the information.
Nothing important here, move along.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: October 25, 2011, 08:30:59 pm »

Because whenever you try to 'intrigue' us, the only thing we're thinking is how to find your address so we can come to your house and strangle you for the information.
Who's this 'we'? I only get mildly annoyed.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 1575