Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375228 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3930 on: October 24, 2011, 11:01:55 pm »

Lost a dude to a brainsucker, and then he got crushed by a falling piece chunk of the building caused by stray fire.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haven't figured how to set shit on fire yet. How do?
I'm pretty sure by "stray fire" he means stray weapon fire.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: October 24, 2011, 11:23:16 pm »

Use Incendiary Grenades or Ammunition for the Autocannon or Rocket launcher/Mini Launcher to start fires.

I've had missions where I've just used one IN Autocannon for everything. Absolutely hilarious, but wins you no friends.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: October 24, 2011, 11:23:56 pm »

Lost a dude to a brainsucker, and then he got crushed by a falling piece chunk of the building caused by stray fire.

I'm pretty sure by "stray fire" he means stray weapon fire.

Damn it. My deep-rooted pyromania demands to be released :\

YES. New post. Burnt Pies of incendiary doom, I salute you.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: October 24, 2011, 11:26:51 pm »

Heavy cannons, heavy launchers, incendiary ammo, incendiary rockets, Diablo incendiary grenades.  Hard to use on the aliens though.  Sure they can be effective.  But whoever owns the building will be pissed.  Fun to go nuts with them in the cult building raids though. 

The last few cultists holed up in the basement, hearing the armored footsteps of the x-com agents down the hall as they slowly sweep the basements, the doors on each side only lead to raging inferno as the entire upper area is engulfed in flames set by the soldiers after they had looted everything of value...  Even though the building is in flames they hear the whirring of the marsec made flying suits as the soldiers patrol above, searching for any foolish enough to try to brave the flames to escape, ready to gun down those who nearly do... there is no hope, only lasery, or firey death.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: October 25, 2011, 05:46:00 am »

Attack of Opportunity! Critical Hit! Critical Hit! You are dead.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3935 on: October 25, 2011, 06:08:52 am »

Heavy cannons, heavy launchers, incendiary ammo, incendiary rockets, Diablo incendiary grenades.  Hard to use on the aliens though.  Sure they can be effective.  But whoever owns the building will be pissed.  Fun to go nuts with them in the cult building raids though. 

The last few cultists holed up in the basement, hearing the armored footsteps of the x-com agents down the hall as they slowly sweep the basements, the doors on each side only lead to raging inferno as the entire upper area is engulfed in flames set by the soldiers after they had looted everything of value...  Even though the building is in flames they hear the whirring of the marsec made flying suits as the soldiers patrol above, searching for any foolish enough to try to brave the flames to escape, ready to gun down those who nearly do... there is no hope, only lasery, or firey death.

Only problem is, doesn't the fire damage and even destroy the loot dropped?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: October 25, 2011, 06:48:48 am »

That's why you grab the psyclones and check the bodies for valuables before dropping the timed nades and going full auto with the autocannons.  I usually have one fast guy wearing only a breastplate with a belt full of incendiary grenades running around the cleared rooms collecting loot from bodies and psyclones running back to drop them in a safe spot that I take care not to burninate with the holy flames of justice.  I do lose a little bit of loot when they decide to wander into burning rooms and die, but it is worth it in my mind.

Really does terrible things to the cult's money numbers, and incendiary stuff is hard to run out of when you don't use it for 80% of your missions.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: October 25, 2011, 06:49:58 am »

Creeper killed my while I was skinning the one I'd just killed.
Stupid spawns.
*Hugs*

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: October 25, 2011, 10:43:07 am »

I raided the shrine of Valor with a robust 7-man-and-a-mouse team, but no magic weapons and few spell components.

The gargoyle priest was immune to normal, non-magic weapon. My team wasn't immune to his fireballs and his paralysis spells. The Avatar didn't even manage to flee the battlefield

Next time I raid this shrine, I will be so loaded in attack spells and components it will be spell-mageddon...

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: October 25, 2011, 11:53:41 am »

Last time I tried to play an ultima game I died of poisoning as I had no money to cure myself with...

This happened repeatedly.
Everybody!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: October 25, 2011, 11:55:09 am »

Unfair event caused a single artillery round, killing most of my guys and taking out my 20mm AAA. Only Sarge and my top XP guy were left, everyone else was running or dead. Then a Flak-Panzer blitz came a wave later.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: October 25, 2011, 12:02:11 pm »

Stupid spawns.

...Sigh. GAME!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!??!

</excessive-punctuation>
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: October 25, 2011, 12:04:37 pm »

That's why you grab the psyclones and check the bodies for valuables before dropping the timed nades and going full auto with the autocannons.  I usually have one fast guy wearing only a breastplate with a belt full of incendiary grenades running around the cleared rooms collecting loot from bodies and psyclones running back to drop them in a safe spot that I take care not to burninate with the holy flames of justice.  I do lose a little bit of loot when they decide to wander into burning rooms and die, but it is worth it in my mind.

Really does terrible things to the cult's money numbers, and incendiary stuff is hard to run out of when you don't use it for 80% of your missions.

I haven't figured out how to actually pick up items yet... I know how (inventory) in XCOM: UFO Defense, but I can't seem to figure how to pick shit up in Apocalypse. I'm about to start a new game, sell all my cars, buy planes, keep my APC cause it holds an entire squad, and maybe buy some of those fast bikes and stick missile launchers on them for UFO defense. This is my 4th playthrough, and I'm actually having !!FUN!! while dying :)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: October 25, 2011, 12:09:44 pm »

Stupid spawns.

...Sigh. GAME!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!??!

</excessive-punctuation>

Minecraft, he probably didn't post the game since it's fairly well-known.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: October 25, 2011, 12:10:38 pm »

How the fuck do you skin a creeper?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 1575