Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375219 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3915 on: October 22, 2011, 08:06:13 pm »

An Elite kicked me in the face.

Halo: Reach, in Firefight mode.
I feel your pain. Goddamn Elites and their ninja-kick abilities. :P

Solution: Acquire plasma pistol and DMR. Kill elites in two shots.

Oh, i well and truly know of plasma and headshots, problem is when you turn a corner with low health and BAM you get kicked in the face :P.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: October 22, 2011, 08:39:15 pm »

Yeah, that kind of blows. I'd have to say my worst death in Reach though, was getting crushed by a weapon canister in between rounds in firefight.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: October 22, 2011, 09:22:35 pm »

Although it wasn't recent, since people have been talking about Apoc recently I'll throw one of my more notable Apocalypse fails out there.  When one of my Hawk Air Warriors decided to launch a retribution missile at an alien battleship.

They figured "Oh hey, the missile launcher is in range of that battleship, I better fire it!".  And they did so.   However they did it the moment they got out of the hanger, and they don't seem to bother checking line of sight on those things.  The missile flew straight into my base, collapsing the roof onto all of the soldiers, engineers, and scientists stationed at headquarters.

The game had paused and centered because they had used up all their retribution ammo(it's a one shot wonder-nuke) and I knew exactly what was going to happen the moment I centered the screen.  And began kicking myself for forgetting to turn off fire at will on the Hawk.

I had a research base in construction, and I probably could have recovered using the research base's garrison, but I took the easy way out and savescummed like a dirty savescummer instead.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: October 22, 2011, 09:38:13 pm »

I decided to give hardcore mode a try. Buy gear, go down into the first dungeon level, find out that I'm way, way outleveled. Starting enemies at level 8. Srsly. Try to run from a bunch of mud-slime things and get surrounded. Promptly get beat down. What did my fox do the entire time? Run around like a moron doing nothing but yapping. I really should've abused the fishing thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #3919 on: October 22, 2011, 09:39:52 pm »

I decided to give hardcore mode a try. Buy gear, go down into the first dungeon level, find out that I'm way, way outleveled. Starting enemies at level 8. Srsly. Try to run from a bunch of mud-slime things and get surrounded. Promptly get beat down. What did my fox do the entire time? Run around like a moron doing nothing but yapping. I really should've abused the fishing thing.

Oh I love Fate.

I died of happiness.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: October 22, 2011, 09:50:20 pm »

I was a scout, took out a pyro (Who lit me on fire) Right after TERMINATING another scout, who tried to run at the intel I was guarding, since it had been dropped near their base, cue the scout returning, and killing me, due to my lack of health and slow reaction, and then the attack apparently killed me so much that I crashed my entire computer.

Team fortress 2
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: October 22, 2011, 10:00:34 pm »

That's boring, though. Where's the fun in killing them the easy way?

Yeah, that kind of blows. I'd have to say my worst death in Reach though, was getting crushed by a weapon canister in between rounds in firefight.
:o Really? Are you talking about the ones dropped by the Longsword? I never knew you could get crushed by one of those canisters.

Anyway, in related Reach deaths, one of my most recent ones is walking around a blind corner.

With a suicidal grunt right behind it.

Instant death ahoy!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3922 on: October 23, 2011, 05:53:53 am »

That's boring, though. Where's the fun in killing them the easy way?

:o Really? Are you talking about the ones dropped by the Longsword? I never knew you could get crushed by one of those canisters.

Anyway, in related Reach deaths, one of my most recent ones is walking around a blind corner.

With a suicidal grunt right behind it.

Instant death ahoy!

Oh yeah, you can be crushed by them alright. Same with Drop Pods.

My worst Reach death is probably having a Warthog slam into me because an Elite shot it with a Concussion Rifle. With the Cowbell skull on*.

Anyway, last time i died (or failed, rather), i sent my 4-man Airborne squad (1 guy who's my main explosives dude, he has an AC and all 3 types of ammo for it, plus two stun grenades and two regular ones, the other 3 are dual-wielding Disrupters and have a stun grenade and a regular grenade each. All of them are wearing the Marsec chest pieces, so they can fly around and fuck shit up from up high) out to raid Osiron. My general tactic when using my Airbornes is to have the Disrupter dudes all in a corner somewhere at the highest z-level, and use my explosives dude to spot targets for them. Problem is, since i tend to bunch the Disrupter dudes together, and Osiron tends to use those damned rocket launchers... you see where i'm going with this? Couple of rockets take out the Disrupters before i can move them out of the way, and the explosives dude fell soon after. Cue loading the previous save and raiding Diablo instead (and succeeding with only a few injuries) because like Greiger, i'm a dirty savescummer :P.

EEDIT: Woops, forgot the game. X-COM: Apocalypse.

*For those who don't know, Cowbell makes explosions have greater force, so for example Concussion Rifles go from being able to simply flip over light vehicles to being able to SEND THEM HALFWAY ACROSS THE FUCKING MAP IN A FEW SHOTS.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 07:47:42 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: October 24, 2011, 06:41:55 pm »

10 billion years after its formation the sun expanded and engulfed the planet Saoshyant, ruining my whole day.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: October 24, 2011, 09:44:14 pm »

My 10-man space-marine team was raped by 6 aliens, after clearing out their UFO. I killed 5, 9 died, and the last god damn alien took a ridiculously long-range potshot through a window and fucking nailed my guy with a crit. Insta-kill, goodbye 1,000,000 of equipment. All my gear, weapons, and even my ship gets left behind to disappear for good.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

X-COM: UFO Defense
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: October 24, 2011, 10:01:02 pm »

Playing SS13 Red Dwarf Server. Let's just say Serithi's puns caused me and Poltifar to kill ourselves (In game).

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: October 24, 2011, 10:29:53 pm »

Holed up in a basement slowly bleeding out and furiously trying to unjam my only gun before the bandits found me.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3927 on: October 24, 2011, 10:33:23 pm »

Lost a dude to a brainsucker, and then he got crushed by a falling piece chunk of the building caused by stray fire.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:36:13 pm by Itnetlolor »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: October 24, 2011, 10:36:41 pm »

Vigged.

Mafia.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: October 24, 2011, 10:49:30 pm »

Lost a dude to a brainsucker, and then he got crushed by a falling piece chunk of the building caused by stray fire.

Haven't figured how to set shit on fire yet. How do?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 1575