Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375338 times)

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3900 on: October 21, 2011, 04:05:03 pm »

I got killed several times while attempting to recover my horse from some salvagers with pipes, then I went to the garage and had it towed and couldn't mount it so I rage quit.

Game please?  Sounds kinda cool
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3901 on: October 21, 2011, 04:16:20 pm »

Almost died before making an ally of my attacker (was short 500 units of gold or food, but made it just after losing my stable; thanks to market purchase/selling), and lost to the other computer opponent because my demo-squad of battering rams and trebuchets were held off well due to a couple choke-points made by walls. I lost to the computer due to a wonder victory. ARGH!!!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: October 21, 2011, 04:19:28 pm »

I got killed several times while attempting to recover my horse from some salvagers with pipes, then I went to the garage and had it towed and couldn't mount it so I rage quit.

Game please?  Sounds kinda cool
Fallen Earth, I'm sort of under leveled for the area I'm in. So I die a lot when my friend isn't there to kill things for me.
*Hugs*

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: October 22, 2011, 03:38:29 am »

After Goku got hit by the Planet Burst from red potara Kid Buu, I was left with Vegeta.
I almost got Buu, but he fired a planet burst at me when I was close. That attack had enough power to nearly kill me at full health!
I managed to use an explosive wave before I absorbed too much damage, but that still nearly killed me.
Then I got hit by ki blasts and died.

Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3904 on: October 22, 2011, 03:56:02 am »

An Elite kicked me in the face.

Halo: Reach, in Firefight mode.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: October 22, 2011, 04:00:09 am »

I feel your pain. Goddamn Elites and their ninja-kick abilities. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: October 22, 2011, 04:19:54 am »

I had killed several hundred people. The police were onto me, they knew what I was doing. Eventually, they raided my house, finding me. I charged at them with a knife, but I was shot down. I still felt alive... I couldn't have been dead. I rose as a zombie, hungry for human flesh. The bullets were harmless against me, simply embedding in my flesh which now had no use. I broke their necks, one by one and exited my house, filled with rage at mankind. I hunted people at night, devouring their flesh and cutting their bodies apart. Eventually, the SWAT caught up with me. I was shot until I could no longer move. My head was then crushed and my body set ablaze.
*Ahem*
AFTER MANY PEOPLE ASKING WHAT GAME YOU ARE ON ABOUT IN THIS THREAD I HAVE MADE IT MANDATORY FOR YOU TO TELL US IN YOUR POST. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOU GETTING METEOR SWARM'D
TO DEATH.
Seriously guys, just spoiler it or something.
(Repeat offenders shall be called names.)
Someone's gonna quote it and scream it at you eventually so I might as well save some people some time by doing it myself. Without the oversized text, of course, since it's rather... crude in my opinion.
It's a pen and paper game I've been working on. It is currently nameless. It started out as a serial killer game, but now it's just a "Go fucking berserk and kill everybody in your city" game. It can still be played as a serial killer game, though.
Sounds awesome. How the hell did you come back to life, though?
Well, at the begining of the game, you pick several traits. These traits can range from skill buffs to personality traits. The only traits that you HAVE to pick are the ones regarding your prefered method of killing and prefered victim. I picked the 'infected' trait, which makes you rise as a zombie once killed, but does not allow you to pick any other traits apart from the method and victim traits. I'm going to make it so that there are several different types of zombies.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: October 22, 2011, 12:28:01 pm »

My AT gun managed to not only blow itself up, but most of the guys in my trench. Even worse was that its own shell landed behind it and a little to the side. Seriously, how in the hell do you manage to do that, AT crew?!

X-COM: Apocalypse.
I've noticed that when using Cheatfinder, and accidentally keeping certain values frozen(ie: money. I'm a cheating bastard), it'll cause a similar error upon entering the battle mode(which is a seperate .exe, I believe).

My modified crab gun broke because I suck at lua and instead of a shotgun effect it spat out an endless stream of crabs/crab gibs that could not be stopped.  Somehow this caused me to explode.

Sounds like you hit the MOID limit, which causes newly spawned mobile objects(like crab legs) to replace existing objects, killing the replaced objects(starting with your brain, apparently). Crabs in particular occupy several MOID slots, and dropping a lot of crabs is effecticely suicide.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: October 22, 2011, 12:53:15 pm »

Mudo spam.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3909 on: October 22, 2011, 06:23:13 pm »

X-COM: Apocalypse.
I've noticed that when using Cheatfinder, and accidentally keeping certain values frozen(ie: money. I'm a cheating bastard), it'll cause a similar error upon entering the battle mode(which is a seperate .exe, I believe).

Only thing i've done is use Midnight Editor to make the Government and Megapol and such fully hate the Aliens and the Cult of Sirius from the get-go (and to make the Cult hate X-COM fully*).

*Though because of my repeated raiding and *cough* Autocannon HE and IN rounds on "automatic" fire *cough* their income's negative, so sadly they aint gonna be raiding me any time soon. Too bad, i wanted to see how effective my base defences were D:. Guess i'll just have to wait for the Aliens to raid me.
Or or could piss off Diablo, since the only thing i buy from them is Incendiary Grenades, and i already have a bunch and it's not like i use them that often...
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: October 22, 2011, 06:37:25 pm »

Most of the raids I've had have been done by the Gravball League. I guess that missed Medium Disruptor shot which completely levelled one of the stadiums kinda annoyed them... Psyke managed to get themselves taken over by the Aliens, but they've been quiet, Osiron hate me because their slums level themselves at the slightest opportunity, and that opportunity is frequently a stray Disruptor, Transtellar are Transtellar, and Marsec has decided the Aliens are the best thing since Sliced Bread.

Still, only Osiron and Gravball have ever raided, and 3/4 of them were Gravball.

As for death... Well... I woke up at 8PM today feeling like death, although that probably doesn't count.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: October 22, 2011, 07:05:17 pm »

I feel your pain. Goddamn Elites and their ninja-kick abilities. :P

Solution: Acquire plasma pistol and DMR. Kill elites in two shots.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: October 22, 2011, 07:33:25 pm »

and Marsec has decided the Aliens are the best thing since Sliced Bread.

:o
That's... never a good statement to make about an Apoc game. It's a pity you can never manufacture your own flying armour, eh?

My last death: I, as a pathetically-squishy Wizard, charged head-first into a room full of bandits with the intent of roasting them before my allies ran into the line of fire. I then discovered that my allies' AI was disabled (due to me leaving Puppet Mode active), meaning that my well-armoured dwarf and other melee companions were twiddling their thumbs outside the doorway while I was sliced into ribbons.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: October 22, 2011, 07:39:15 pm »

Speaking as someone who never quite got the hang of the flying armour, I don't really care. More goodies for me if they try a raid, and I'm free of dependence upon their weapon systems anyway.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: October 22, 2011, 07:40:33 pm »

I accidentally landed the ISS.

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 1575