Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375335 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3885 on: October 20, 2011, 03:57:24 am »

A ping of 3568. And 30% packet loss.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ouch, man. I'm sorry your internet connection is held by a radio antenna welded to a rusty metal bowl.

My worst ever was wireless broadband in suburban Australia. It disconnected and connected so rapidly that I was able to sort of have a stable connection. Playing WoW my worst ping got to 7855ms- and SA:MP it got to 46000 before the server kicked me for 'slowing the drivers'.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: October 21, 2011, 01:31:57 am »

I had killed several hundred people. The police were onto me, they knew what I was doing. Eventually, they raided my house, finding me. I charged at them with a knife, but I was shot down. I still felt alive... I couldn't have been dead. I rose as a zombie, hungry for human flesh. The bullets were harmless against me, simply embedding in my flesh which now had no use. I broke their necks, one by one and exited my house, filled with rage at mankind. I hunted people at night, devouring their flesh and cutting their bodies apart. Eventually, the SWAT caught up with me. I was shot until I could no longer move. My head was then crushed and my body set ablaze.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: October 21, 2011, 01:33:18 am »

Drowned in a pool in my back yard.
Didnt realize how tired I was before I decided to take a swim.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: October 21, 2011, 01:36:33 am »

I had killed several hundred people. The police were onto me, they knew what I was doing. Eventually, they raided my house, finding me. I charged at them with a knife, but I was shot down. I still felt alive... I couldn't have been dead. I rose as a zombie, hungry for human flesh. The bullets were harmless against me, simply embedding in my flesh which now had no use. I broke their necks, one by one and exited my house, filled with rage at mankind. I hunted people at night, devouring their flesh and cutting their bodies apart. Eventually, the SWAT caught up with me. I was shot until I could no longer move. My head was then crushed and my body set ablaze.
*Ahem*
AFTER MANY PEOPLE ASKING WHAT GAME YOU ARE ON ABOUT IN THIS THREAD I HAVE MADE IT MANDATORY FOR YOU TO TELL US IN YOUR POST. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOU GETTING METEOR SWARM'D
TO DEATH.
Seriously guys, just spoiler it or something.
(Repeat offenders shall be called names.)
Someone's gonna quote it and scream it at you eventually so I might as well save some people some time by doing it myself. Without the oversized text, of course, since it's rather... crude in my opinion.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: October 21, 2011, 01:38:47 am »

*Ahem*
AFTER MANY PEOPLE ASKING WHAT GAME YOU ARE ON ABOUT IN THIS THREAD I HAVE MADE IT MANDATORY FOR YOU TO TELL US IN YOUR POST. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN YOU GETTING METEOR SWARM'D
TO DEATH.
Someone's gonna quote it and scream it at you eventually so I might as well save some people some time by doing it myself. Without the oversized text, of course, since it's rather... crude in my opinion.
It's a pen and paper game I've been working on. It is currently nameless. It started out as a serial killer game, but now it's just a "Go fucking berserk and kill everybody in your city" game. It can still be played as a serial killer game, though.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 01:41:07 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: October 21, 2011, 02:32:16 am »

Drowned in a pool in my back yard.
Didnt realize how tired I was before I decided to take a swim.

Ahahahaha that is just... Sad. Too long have I gone without any Sims goodness, I'll have to pick up a copy sometime! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: October 21, 2011, 05:59:38 am »

I took on one of the Dragon Lords too early, and he proceeded to wreck me completly. I also had forgot to rest or heal my fatigue, so Deathtouch was useless...

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: October 21, 2011, 12:09:37 pm »

I didn't actually die, but it certainly felt like it. (EU3)

Let me count the ways:

1. Inherit fullsized Hungary as Autria, so I figure there goes 30 years to suppressing revolts.
2. The Protestant reformation kicks off and I decide that I like Protestantism, so now here comes revolts in all my catholic provinces (read: all of them.)
3. Burgundy (who hasn't collapsed yet, but I'm working on it) attacks me and forces me to fight them for several years, until my war exhaustion hits 10.
4. ???
5. My whole nation is dark red with revolts. It's worse than when I westernized Byzantium.

He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: October 21, 2011, 12:23:38 pm »

*Ahem*
TO DEATH.
It's a pen and paper game I've been working on. It is currently nameless. It started out as a serial killer game, but now it's just a "Go fucking berserk and kill everybody in your city" game. It can still be played as a serial killer game, though.
Sounds awesome. How the hell did you come back to life, though?

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #3894 on: October 21, 2011, 01:44:02 pm »

"Launch sequence engaged..." a computerized voice intoned. Two of the three green astronauts were terrified, while one was distantly grinning. The engines started up, the sound deafening all at the launch station. The rocket flew higher and higher, until reaching it's peak of flight. Then the separation started. "BOOM!" the decouplers yelled, and the engines flew away, into the shore.

The pod orbited for a second, slowly falling, until it hit harder gravity, and began to plummet. Screams were heard over the radio, until suddenly the SAS spoke again, "Parachute launched." calming the Kerbals. The pod fell, fell and fell... right into the land. The landing was not as soft as hoped, and the SAS exploded, sending the pod to explode.

The Kerbals had been lost. Again. They would turn up eventually... Wishing they didn't have to, of course.

Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: October 21, 2011, 02:25:26 pm »

I was surrounded by 4 drakes, each of them spewing electricity and snaping at me with their jaws. I tried to overwhelm them with bolts of fire, but alas they broke through my shield and fried me to death.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: October 21, 2011, 02:44:58 pm »

My modified crab gun broke because I suck at lua and instead of a shotgun effect it spat out an endless stream of crabs/crab gibs that could not be stopped.  Somehow this caused me to explode.

Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: October 21, 2011, 03:01:50 pm »

I had a bit too much fun flying circles around a station that orbited Neptune and crashed in to it at the highest speed my little scout could muster, sending little pieces of me and the ship everywhere.

I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: October 21, 2011, 03:57:36 pm »

I got killed several times while attempting to recover my horse from some salvagers with pipes, then I went to the garage and had it towed and couldn't mount it so I rage quit.
*Hugs*

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #3899 on: October 21, 2011, 04:00:50 pm »

"Monster detected: Turn run mode off"
"Oh just a zombie. I'll just go around it."
Turns out, right around it was right into it. And "it" was "them". To be specific, 6 of them, and I didn't invest any points into strength.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 1575