Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376651 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3600 on: September 06, 2011, 10:51:13 pm »

Jumped onto 3 mines, in 3 separate deaths. The first was mine own mine (heheheh), the second was the enemy's, and the last was mine too.
Masjin
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3601 on: September 06, 2011, 11:44:16 pm »

Down in the Nether, and a Ghast decides to shoot out the platform i was on. Cue me falling several stories down straight into the magma, my Diamond Pickaxe and other rare stuff along with me. Cue me rage-quitting and debating on whether to start a new world JUST FUCKING BECAUSE.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: September 07, 2011, 09:58:35 am »

I'm getting repeatedly wiped by Beelzebub. Somehow the AI now decides to kill off my healer before they can move at the start of every battle. If only my invincibility job hadn't been drained...

4 heroes of light.
Everybody!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: September 07, 2011, 01:34:03 pm »

Dwarf Avenue, If I've learned one thing, it's to never take top tier equipment to the nether. Just stone equipment will do you just fine. Anyways, I died by getting beat down, melted, and generally shat upon during a standard survival run.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3604 on: September 07, 2011, 01:43:21 pm »

With my newly crafted Dart Gun (poisonous leg crippler with cheap and common as hell ammo), I tried testing it out on feral ghouls. It didn't end well. Those things are hella fast and strong, and fight in packs. I think they're worse than deathclaws in that regard.

@DA:
It also helps to backup your saves as often as possible just in case something as rage inducing as this happens.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:45:15 pm by Itnetlolor »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: September 07, 2011, 01:45:38 pm »

Headshotting people with a sniper rifle, got blown to bit by a rocket launcher.

CrimeCraft.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: September 07, 2011, 01:47:27 pm »

I know that I can take out  a city block of super mutants single handedly, but I can't even step one foot inside the death claw place in fallout 3. Same goes for a pack of ghouls with a glowing one and reavers. Don't try to tell me Deathclaws arent the most dangerous enemies in the game :P

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3607 on: September 07, 2011, 01:53:30 pm »

I know that I can take out  a city block of super mutants single handedly, but I can't even step one foot inside the death claw place in fallout 3. Same goes for a pack of ghouls with a glowing one and reavers. Don't try to tell me Deathclaws arent the most dangerous enemies in the game :P
Albeit I was armed with the alien blaster when I went to a deathclaw infested town, but I felt like that hunter dude in Jurassic Park. I killed them swiftly. Of course, playing a hypothetical save of it (didn't want to waste such precious ammo). Might raid it again with a dart gun/hunting rifle combo. Make things a bit more fun. Plus, I'll have tons more material to make me more deathclaw gauntlets.

Animal friend perk (at least 1 rank invested) really helps me avoid unwanted Yao Guai encounters. Made exploring easier with selective killing of them (I can still aggro at least one at a time). It truly is entertaining watching a YG take on a DC at a distance. Poor bear doesn't last long though.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: September 07, 2011, 01:54:02 pm »

Indeed, I had to kill all of them by leading them through a series of landmines while shooting their legs, hoping to slow them down.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: September 07, 2011, 05:03:45 pm »

Albeit I was armed with the alien blaster when I went to a deathclaw infested town, but I felt like that hunter dude in Jurassic Park.

Muldoon's only accomplishment in Jurassic Park was distracting the raptors with his flesh long enough for the lead female to escape.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: September 07, 2011, 06:41:15 pm »

I always found Deathclaws died easily enough to the unique Plasma Rifle, with Sneak Crits dealing nearly half health damage on Very Hard mode. Unique Combat Shotgun worked well enough if they got the drop on you.

'Course, I was never brave enough to go into the Deathclaw sanctuary before I hit level 20 and had Grim Reaper's Sprint.

As for my last death, I confused an Ogre with a noxious cloud, then stepped forward to stab him, but by sheer chance he swung his club in my direction as I walked toward him. 1 hit KO.

Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: September 07, 2011, 08:08:29 pm »

Looting some piles of alien dog refuse with a friend with me.  Friend has a sniper rifle and wandered off on his own.

I hear a bang, and very foreboding battle music starts playing.

Me:"What did you just piss off?"
Friend:"Just another Skag."
Me:"That doesn't sound like just another Skag."
Friend(now rapidly losing health):"Well I see now that it is a little bigger than I expected..."

Cue an alpha skag eating my friends face and then mine when I tried to come to the rescue.  We were level 9.  It was lv 15.

I swear this game is harder to stay alive in with 2 players than singleplayer, because somebody will inevitably do something stupid.  And the more people ingame, the faster it happens.

[Spoiler]Borderlands
Thinking of getting that game, I've been watching a (clueless) playthrough and thought I recognized Borderlands from the first sentence. Not a very common activity in other games.
I can so see that incident happening. On top of that, I think enemies are higher level when multiple people are playing. That makes them drop higher-level loot though.
I don't usually play gory FPS games, but I sooooo want this one... Think it is worth it if I have an older computer? (running a Radeon X300 under Windows XP, otherwise meets requirements)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:10:24 pm by Matz05 »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: September 07, 2011, 08:54:39 pm »

Indeed, I had to kill all of them by leading them through a series of landmines while shooting their legs, hoping to slow them down.
If you have a high enough agility and small guns skill you can just use a shotgun. That's what I do. I usually have to unload one out of VATS though.

I try to avoid using the Fat Man on deathclaws but it's so tempting. Not as temping as using it on slavers though.

You want to take people captive and work them against their will. Eh, alright, do what you want. Oh, by the way, hold this Mini-nuke. Yeah, great, now just stand still right about... there. Yeah, great.

*whistles*

*DEATHCLAW'D*

KABOOOOM *atomized*

so, anyone want to have some free Energy Cells?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: September 07, 2011, 08:55:52 pm »

I crossed the streams and exploded in a gory mess.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: September 07, 2011, 10:45:48 pm »

Playing Dungeons and Dragons Online. Adventuring solo as a ninth level ranger. Receive a quest recommended for level eights. Think, "Alright, I can do this easy peasy". Beholders. Beholders everywhere.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 1575