Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376759 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3540 on: August 30, 2011, 04:44:23 am »

Set off 4 C4 packages off in the security HQ, no one got hurt. So, I did what every dumb bastard does, and injected myself with explosives set to detonate when someone says "Allah". Cue crappy terrorist joke, and scientist accidentally detonating me all over the chemistry lab. :P

Space Station 13, Bay12 afterhours, sandbox mode.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: August 30, 2011, 06:44:14 am »

Sneaked up behind one guy in hardcore mode, threw a packet of C4 and bolted. Pulled the trigger only to realise I wasn't far enough away and that he was....

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: August 30, 2011, 07:37:36 am »

A system killer came out of nowhere and blew through my fleet, which was still recovering from a huge attack by the damn space tuna. So I lost that world. Then I noticed that the line it is moving on goes right though the center of my tightly packed empire... And there would be no way to raise anything close to a big enough fleet to ever stop it.

Fuck.

Game?

Sword of the stars. Playing as hivers.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: August 30, 2011, 08:58:10 am »

Sneaked up behind one guy in hardcore mode, threw a packet of C4 and bolted. Pulled the trigger only to realise I wasn't far enough away and that he was....

...chasing you?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: August 30, 2011, 01:38:07 pm »

Not really died, but failed epically:
Tried to make a water distilling plant using uranium and noble gas; used liquid oxygen to freeze the water. Opened the tap, and it electrified all the water.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How did the noble gas get charged? I've never seen uranium do that. Anyways, I've built one that uses regular plasma, with a cloned cold-flame to freeze it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #3545 on: August 30, 2011, 01:49:02 pm »

The tap was an e-wall connceted to a metal button.
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: August 30, 2011, 02:06:07 pm »

ahahahaha
love that. i should get into powder toy again... ah the stickfight memories... :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: August 30, 2011, 05:24:59 pm »

In the tutorial of winspmbt I called in mortars on a couple of enemys.I then proceeded to kill them with my tanks and move the tanks and some other mortars forward.To the same place I called the mortars.All my m109s got blown up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Download complete in 15 Days and 7 Hours

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: August 30, 2011, 06:00:34 pm »

After witnessing the death of my ally and friend Andrea to one of the Sphinx's heinous traps, I was determined to reach the depths, I located the final switch which would unlock the way and proceeded. This brought me to a room with 2 more sealed doors and a switch hidden in a sarcophagus, choosing the right door, as much by chance as anything, I found myself in a maze of flame. Remembering my vow I bravely plunged on, reaching the end and finding myself in a large room with a waterfall in the middle, bravely, and perhaps a little foolishly, I leapt in, falling down to a hallway leading to a truly evil room, dozens of small pillars reaching up from the molten depths, mistiming my first jump I plunged into the lava.
Game over man. Game over.
*Hugs*

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: August 30, 2011, 08:03:11 pm »

After witnessing the death of my ally and friend Andrea to one of the Sphinx's heinous traps, I was determined to reach the depths, I located the final switch which would unlock the way and proceeded. This brought me to a room with 2 more sealed doors and a switch hidden in a sarcophagus, choosing the right door, as much by chance as anything, I found myself in a maze of flame. Remembering my vow I bravely plunged on, reaching the end and finding myself in a large room with a waterfall in the middle, bravely, and perhaps a little foolishly, I leapt in, falling down to a hallway leading to a truly evil room, dozens of small pillars reaching up from the molten depths, mistiming my first jump I plunged into the lava.
Game over man. Game over.

Sounds interesting. What game is that?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: August 30, 2011, 08:05:52 pm »

Minecraft, N@W server.
*Hugs*

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: August 30, 2011, 09:33:56 pm »

Volks sturm threw a bundlegranade, killed my horse and after blocking the first view shots with my shield, he managed to get a lucky headshot in while i was sliding my sword up his face.

Festung brechlau, Rodocks vs Volkssturm

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: August 31, 2011, 11:36:07 pm »

Ate a snake corpse.

DIED VERY PAINFULLY THROUGH BLEEDING.

Atavus is an asshole, not even helping me after I offered him a multitude of stuff.

The game is Ivan. My first character. Fun!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: September 01, 2011, 09:21:33 pm »

Well I didn't so much die, but I made like a little crappy evaporation salt water purifier thing, (I don't know the actual names of the things.)  the kind where you heat some water til it evaporates and then the water cools and ends up salt free in another container?  Yea, one of those.

Except it didn't work as well as planned, the little cup the pure water was supposed to end up in wasn't physically attached to any of the sides, so whenever I poured cold saltwater onto the whole thing to cool the vapor back down, the vapor would land in the cup and then immediately flash to steam again, because the coldness had nothing to transfer from the outside to the collection cup, and the collection cup had apperantly built up heat from the boiling saltwater around it.

So then I did the dwarfy thing, I paused the simulation, flood filled every non filled space inside the thing with magma, and resumed.  The resulting explosion of over-pressurized steam and molten metal that tore the whole contraption apart like a bananna was amusing and satisfying.

Powder, that other falling sand game.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: September 01, 2011, 09:53:35 pm »

A cheetah mauled me to death after a gazelle broke my leg.
DF, Genesis Mod
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1575