Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377052 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3420 on: August 16, 2011, 06:38:59 am »

At least I didn't die in the submarine dock!
Hahaha. Died at least half a dozen times there :V

... I'm sorry?  I died once, and that was because everyone wanted me to go all Rambo!

Pretty sure he means that HE died there a dozen times :)

Citiral

• Bay Watcher
  • Indie games fan and developer.
    • View Profile
    • Just Doing This For Beer!
« Reply #3421 on: August 16, 2011, 07:26:26 am »

Entering level 25 stars with just two small and one medium ship is not smart.
Darn you Space Pirates And Zombies for putting my mission objective soooo far and making it utterly unreachable.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:37:54 am by Citiral »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: August 16, 2011, 09:18:20 am »

Lag death.
In singleplayer skirmish.

A mod for DoW:SS, with options to set the STARTING infantry cap at 640.
Me and two AI's were Chaos, and we were facing off against 3 AI Imperial Guard.
The Imperial Guard was modified to have 30 guardsmen in a squad, to spawn instantly, and have a pop of 1.
Cultists also spawn instantly, and come in squads of 12.
In under a minute, my frame rate was at 5. In under ten, it was sitting steady at 1.

Then I quit and played 1 on 1, proceeding to kill everyone with a warp storm.
This game is still enjoyable, no matter how long it's been out.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: August 16, 2011, 07:40:52 pm »

Lightning struck near my safehouse apperantly creating some kind of delayed effect existential anomaly.  Causing reality to repeatedly freeze every hour or so and place me someplace nearby.  During one such freeze I went from my kitchen making a delicious pot of spaghetti to the middle of my dug out pit defense.

I was very badly beaten up by a scuffle with a bear and the subsequent travel across the city to my safehouse and I was attempting to heal up naturally, lacking any real first aid supplies other than copious amounts of really strong prescription painkillers.  I did not survive the fall into the pit that I suddenly appeared over.  Hotplate, cooking pot, and boiling pasta in hand.   Good news is, I probably didn't feel any of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just wanted some damn spaghetti.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:44:28 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: August 16, 2011, 10:56:18 pm »

Pretty sure he means that HE died there a dozen times :)

It's okay, I think I made up for it with the dozen or so deaths in my stream today.  Ahhhh... MGS :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: August 16, 2011, 11:04:44 pm »

I got on the wrong side of the gas-mask-wearing Zanzibarbarian Militia, after taking down NASA's number 1 Astronaut/Ninja, who turned out to be a former coworker of mine. I'm pretty sure they dumped my bleeding body into a garbage chute, filled with porkcracker beefchocolate and bird shit.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: August 16, 2011, 11:06:32 pm »

I got on the wrong side of the gas-mask-wearing Zanzibarbarian Militia, after taking down NASA's number 1 Astronaut/Ninja, who turned out to be a former coworker of mine. I'm pretty sure they dumped my bleeding body into a garbage chute, filled with porkcracker beefchocolate and bird shit.
Game
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: August 16, 2011, 11:18:37 pm »

XFD

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: August 16, 2011, 11:25:02 pm »

Game

If you're curious, shameless plug 1, and shameless plug 2.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: August 16, 2011, 11:26:50 pm »

Lightning struck near my safehouse apperantly creating some kind of delayed effect existential anomaly.  Causing reality to repeatedly freeze every hour or so and place me someplace nearby.  During one such freeze I went from my kitchen making a delicious pot of spaghetti to the middle of my dug out pit defense.

I was very badly beaten up by a scuffle with a bear and the subsequent travel across the city to my safehouse and I was attempting to heal up naturally, lacking any real first aid supplies other than copious amounts of really strong prescription painkillers.  I did not survive the fall into the pit that I suddenly appeared over.  Hotplate, cooking pot, and boiling pasta in hand.   Good news is, I probably didn't feel any of it.

I just wanted some damn spaghetti.
Hah, you should enlist one of the artists over at the Cataclysm topic to make a comic based on that.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: August 16, 2011, 11:42:00 pm »

Too late, all three(?) are already working on it. I have mine finished, gonna post it tomorrow when I get on some real internet.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: August 17, 2011, 03:30:49 am »

Killed by a red ant on my way to attack the queen.

Simant.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: August 17, 2011, 12:50:17 pm »

Simant.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: August 17, 2011, 12:52:16 pm »

Simant.

Wait, so double clicking increases my chances of winning? I knew it wasn't just my luck!
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: August 17, 2011, 09:14:05 pm »

Rebuild again. I actually beat the last game I mentioned on this thread despite the early loss of my leader, but I have been repeatedly slaughtered since I started playing on Harder. I thought I might actually have a handle on it this time--things went quite nicely up to day 50 or so, but apparently I was just lucky.

I survived the first few horde attacks with no problem, but as the third horde approached the walls, all hell broke loose. The first sign of trouble was the scientists deciding to go on strike. Apparently morale was so low that they'd rather complain about living conditions than, y'know, figure out better ways to kill zombies before the shambling horde arrived. Then one of my strike teams joined in, sitting down in the middle of an infested mall and refusing to kill the zombies that surrounded them on all sides. I actually had to recall them to get them home before the horde arrived.

Great work, guys. We could have had an additional line of barricades and antidote-tipped bullets to fire from them, but we're totally better off without either one. Do you feel better now that the zombies have overrun the farm and I had to cancel the party I was planning because we're out of food? The party you've been asking about for weeks now?

It just went downhill from there. We could just barely reclaim our territory after one horde attack before the next arrived. The scientists refused to figure out how to restart the electrical grid because "there aren't enough amenities around here." Every time I thought I could head off the tantrum spiral with a party, someone stole all the food. And then the survivors started fighting amongst themselves.

The final straw was on Day 87, when the acting expedition leader reported that Scavenger Irene had been shot, but no one could figure out who did it because everyone hated her anyway. Really, Soldier Michael "Dead-Eye" Smith? The two of you are alone on a recruiting mission and the only two other survivors are busy killing zombies on the other side of town? You really think I can't figure that one out?

Bastards deserved it when 200 zombies swarmed the wall that night. There were no survivors.
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 1575