Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369773 times)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3300 on: August 10, 2011, 11:08:41 am »

My dood in the middle is always grinning like an idiot, no matter the circumstances, right up until the end.
That's Jeb for you. Lurk on the KSP forums, he's pretty much an idol to them. Bill is terrified of everything, and Bob is medium on the daredevil scale, FYI.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: August 10, 2011, 11:45:45 pm »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: August 10, 2011, 11:50:45 pm »

Hornets can shoot stingers now. They hurt. Though I shouldn't have gone down with only 140 health...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

lishain

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Invader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: August 11, 2011, 12:23:19 am »

Smashed through the horde of zombies,only to be killed by a couple of bees.

Такие дела.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: August 11, 2011, 12:43:56 am »

Raided the courthouse with 4 members armed with assault rifles. Killed close to 20 police, along with a few other Cs, before my squad leader took an unlucky shot to the face, which ended with him bleeding out on the floor asking for childhood toys while the rest of the squad continued the firefight. They tried to carry his body back to the car, but were slowed down enough that they were all killed. As my founder's mentor hadn't developed her personal skills enough, the squad disbanded.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: August 11, 2011, 02:18:25 am »

Let's just say throwing a molotov cocktail around a gas station with 12 pumps has very bad consequences.

Cataclysm.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: August 11, 2011, 02:50:07 am »

I knew starting to play Cataclysm was a bad idea for me; I'm too used to the Fallout school of survival. I had a Remington, decent amount of supplies, etc., and found a forest after fleeing from a substantial horde. But nooooo, I had to go back to try and make it into that gun shop, didn't I? Got surrounded, hurt pretty badly, and my baseball bat just wasn't cutting it. So I pulled out my shotgun, started blasting heads and circling the store to string them out. I eventually was down to my last 4 shells, and the coast looked clear. As I was climbing into the window, I saw more of the dead to the east. I decided to risk it, grabbed a Glock and loaded it. By the time I had finished, they were almost into the building. I grabbed a SCAR from the same display stand and retreated into the firing range in the back, closing the door behind me. I loaded the rifle while waiting for them to break the door down, and when they did, I went down in a blaze of gore glory, racking up a total of 53 kills on that brand new character in less than 6 in-game hours.

:D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: August 11, 2011, 06:37:26 am »

I fell through a bottomless pit. While dodging an explosion.
The ASCII Adventures of Mr. Byte
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3308 on: August 11, 2011, 08:35:51 am »

Woke up with a zombie hulk standing over my bed after going to sleep on day 3. My MAC-10 proved largely ineffective, and the Glock 19 didn't help much either. Still don't know how it got in without waking me.

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: August 11, 2011, 10:12:18 am »

I think I should get that. Whats it cost?
Everybody!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: August 11, 2011, 10:14:11 am »

Cataclysm?
Not much
*Hugs*

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: August 11, 2011, 10:24:33 am »

Trying to jump over a pit to a ledge on the other side.  Turns out I'm not as good of a jumper as I thought I was.  (E.Y.E)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: August 11, 2011, 10:40:12 am »

Made the mistake of sending my champions to fight on an unfinished drawbridge (no railings).. which was over a massive chasm. Before I could take back the station command they were already engaging (and leaping off of the bridge to avoid minor blows). Whoops. Tried to send out my previously wounded spear squads but they were crushed. Sent the rest of the population out against the horde but my entrance/exit was a shooting gallery for those crossbow goblins. One bolt, one bruised brain. Hit all of my !!FUN!! levers with one of the survivors before he went into a psychotic breakdown. Entire fortress collapsed into an ocean of magma, all war tigers released from my emergency surface tiger box (E.S.T.B.),  all unused artifacts preserved in my vault, all goblins killed. Victory in death.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: August 13, 2011, 10:17:09 am »

I was playing Shadow President, and everything was going so well until my inexperience lead me to losing the invasion of Iraq. This make me frustrated and bored, which is never a good combination. So, being the brilliant leader I am, I decided that those Commie bastards were coming down once and for all! One hour later, five thousand high-yield nuclear missiles devastated the Soviet Union. My Press Advisor, the filthy commie-sympathizing hippie, promptly resigned.

Then, one hour later, five thousand high-yield nuclear missiles impacted the US East Coast, killing five members of my cabinet and the majority of the nation. This left me with a mere 50,000,000 Americans and the the three least moral surviving members of my cabinet to work with, along with the radioactive hellhole that the commies heartlessly inflicted upon the nation. Enraged, I promptly ordered a ground invasion of the radioactive hellhole that I inflicted upon those damned commies, only to have the ruined remains of the US Armed Forces destroyed. Apparently Russian winters and nuclear winters are not very different. Who knew? Further enraged, I promptly halted all Foreign Aid (most of the world is dead now anyway), Infrastructure spending (Hah, what infrastructure?), and Military spending (No military, no military spending.). I then dropped both sales tax and personal tax to zero, and raised corporate taxes to 100%. This necessary and most definitely not communist action actually managed to bring my now 35% approval rating up some, while sadly shrinking the GDP by 12%. Every day.

Upon checking the global statistics, I discovered some very interesting things. One: The vast majority of the Warsaw Pact had fallen apart, while a slightly larger amount of NATO remained intact. Two: The now treasonous "leadership effectiveness" graph claimed that my leadership had an effectiveness of 0.0% following my Global Thermonuclear War against the commies. Three: The vast majority of the nations in the world had changed ideologies from Communism (Score!) or Capitalism (No!) to either a Nationalist society, or just total collapse. Four: Every nation in Africa had totally collapsed. Five: Out of a possible ethical score of 6 (Righteous), only three nations of the world were still rated at 4 (Cooperative). Those nations were France, the United Kingdom, and Spain. Every other nation was lower than this. The USA and Soviet Union were both rated at 2 (Treacherous). More proof of the Shadownet computer's communist sympathies, I'd imagine.

After sitting around for a while in the bunker under some mountain or another (But an American mountain, I assure you.) with the White House Director (Kind of a pointless job by that point, since the White House was incinerated in nuclear fire some days back.), NSA Director (The NSA also having been incinerated, made his job a bit pointless as well.), and the CIA Director (....yeah, his department also kind of got downsized via nuclear fire.), a damnable Commie agent shot me to death right through my Shadownet computer. I can only hope that my last cabinet members took that bastard down after my life was lost during my term as President. Although, I could have sworn I heard the NSA Director shouting something along the lines of "Oh thank God, he's finally d.....". D something. Deified, maybe? I could see that. After all, America wouldn't have gotten anywhere without my guidance, it might as well be divine.

TL;DR: I am the best President ever.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:30:53 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: August 13, 2011, 10:35:35 am »

Of course, because good presidents nuke nuclear powers, even with MGD.   They also tell what game the most recently died in.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 1574